Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARZ Calgary

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NIB m04 for sale. Cool! go to buy/sell thread and check it out.
need some monies to build this.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...65#post6274665
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Mike the Esc needs to be put into 508_NoTiming. You need the LCD box connected to a laptop to change the software from boost to blinky. After that you only need the box to change the settings. If you want boost again you need to connect it back to a laptop. Even if you set boost and timing to zero it still does something to make it faster. People on the forum have tested the different software and the boost software and blinky are different at Zero timing.
FYI the new V3 speedos automatically go into blinky mode when timing is set at zero. Nice new feature on the newer speedos.

I can help you out as I always have my laptop with me at the track.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
Mike the Esc needs to be put into 508_NoTiming. You need the LCD box connected to a laptop to change the software from boost to blinky. After that you only need the box to change the settings. If you want boost again you need to connect it back to a laptop. Even if you set boost and timing to zero it still does something to make it faster. People on the forum have tested the different software and the boost software and blinky are different at Zero timing.
FYI the new V3 speedos automatically go into blinky mode when timing is set at zero. Nice new feature on the newer speedos.

I can help you out as I always have my laptop with me at the track.
Cal...thanks for the information! I was concerned that simply setting timing and boost to '0' wouldn't cut it and it appears that is correct. I'm thinking I'll pick up the LCD box and I have my netbook from before but if I haven't figured it all out by the time I make it out to race night I'll take you up on your offer to assist...Thanks!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 09-27-2013, 08:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Random sort = a good idea.

Takes out the "Possible" bias and lets people aquire more experience dealing with slower or faster traffic. Learning to work through qualifier traffic is part of the game.
Random for the first qualifier is good.

However a re-sort after every qualifier makes a lot of sense too.

I believe that's how Karz normally operates?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson

Agree 100%

Random for the first, then re-sort after every qualifier.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson

Yep I think so Jordan.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, we're gauging interest for a new idea on one of event days. In the past we've done ovals, enduros, etc. This time we're thinking about a breakout race. Here's the breakdown, provided by Howard Cano (former ROAR 1/8 pan car champion!)

Our rules include: any electric onroad car, any onroad tires, any motor, any battery, any speed control-- so there are almost no rules at all! It's "run what ya brung". The most important rule is: NO LAP CAN BE FASTER THAN THE BREAKOUT TIME. Think of Breakout racing as a "spec" class, where the only spec is the one that really matters: lap time!

We set our breakout lap time to about the same as an average MINI (edited, jim) -- the slowest "normal" racing class-- so that all car types can compete on a level playing field, and to encourage beginners to participate.
This allows new racers to compete with the veterans. If you're in the lead and get antsy and run a lap too fast, it doesn't get counted, so the leader could drop a lap behind at any time. This means everyone else in the field is essentially up one on the fast guy. Looks like a lot of fun!

Let us know what you think. We're looking forward to running a few events this year, with the possibility of an enduro after Xmas sometime.

Jim
Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys someone is selling a really cool sliver can GT car on the buy/sell thread go check it out
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't forget to sign up for Racing Saturday, setup at 4.
CTA, 12th Stock and Mini.
We're starting the Mini points series this week too. Should be interesting.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey KARZ dudes, I've got a cheap foam tire truer on the BuySell thread if anyone's interested.

Jim C.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pcar951
Hey KARZ dudes, I've got a cheap foam tire truer on the BuySell thread if anyone's interested.

Jim C.
Your killing me Jim.
I just spent $500 on a new Hudy truer and it doesn't work.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Oh crap! Need to have harsh words with the Hudy crew.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What time will racing start Saturday? Hoping I can make it after work at 5:30.

Tim
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, officially at 4:00, but you know how it works with these things. By 5:30, we should be part way through round 1. Getting there at 5:30 would probably still give you 2 qualies and a main.

Shane: Stop tempting me with the fresh, in box M04. I just bought a new phone and I'm not allowed to buy any toys for a while.

Ivan: Hang on to those tires. I'm broke. (see above) My 03's going to get interesting as I dig through my pile of old, dry tires.

Kevin: $500?!? For that, I'd expect it to put foam back on.

The rest of ya: Get registered! I'm dropping my CTA on the track this week. Should prove interesting.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Well, officially at 4:00, but you know how it works with these things. By 5:30, we should be part way through round 1. Getting there at 5:30 would probably still give you 2 qualies and a main.

Shane: Stop tempting me with the fresh, in box M04. I just bought a new phone and I'm not allowed to buy any toys for a while.

Ivan: Hang on to those tires. I'm broke. (see above) My 03's going to get interesting as I dig through my pile of old, dry tires.

Kevin: $500?!? For that, I'd expect it to put foam back on.

The rest of ya: Get registered! I'm dropping my CTA on the track this week. Should prove interesting.
When was the last time you saw me throw away something that still worked??? I'm worse than you, if there's still foam on a tire, it's not garbage

Ivan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.