Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding tires, get your hands on some Sweep 28's - we ran those at the WCICS race in Saskatoon, and they were fantastic, although there are those (*cough* Matt *cough* :-) ) that may disagree.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wil02
So, we are a week away from starting our season at Carcar!

As mentioned, set up day is October 5th. I will arrive about 5pm or so. the more hands that show up, the better, easier, and faster the job will go. The club can only operate with volunteers, so we need everyone to show up to help out.

As discussed and decided on at the AGM, picking pit spots will go as follows. First dibs will go to those who helped tear down our WCICS race last spring. I have a list of those who were there (11 of us). After that, second pick will go to those who come help setup next Monday. After that will be tougher, but I feel as we are all adults, we will get it figured out. If there are still empty spots after setup night, spots will be given to those who want them and will be based on how long you have been a part of the club. I will not allow anyone to setup or save spots for people.

If you set up a pit spot but don't show up for three consecutive race nights, your spot will be up for grabs by the next guy in line.

Also, as it is public space, we cannot tape off our spots so others don't use them. The space is for all Carcar members to use. We just need to be respectful of others equipment and keep the area clean.

I also want unused tables taken home, tossed, whatever. We do not have the space to hold onto tables all year, every year for people. Im going to mention a few times this year, come April after our WCICS race, all tables and chairs will be removed. We have a surplus and its unnecessary and messy. So please take your stuff home after the season ends!

That's all for now. Set up NEXT MONDAY October 5th. I will arrive at 5pm.
Need any tools brought for Set up?

Thx
Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CalRacer
Need any tools brought for Set up?

Thx
Good thought. We will need cordless drills or impacts with number 2 Robertson drive bits.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will be bringing a couple of drills with plenty of battery power.

Pat.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will be bringing a couple of drills with plenty of battery power.

Pat.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default track setup tools

We could also use a couple of decent size hammers to encourage the subfloor to fit together. Of course as Matt mentioned, many hands will make the work go quickly so, come on down to the HSC on Monday all you strong young men! I'll bet we can get it built by 8:00.

BTW: Here's our start up track layout for October.
Attached Thumbnails Carcar-october-track-layout.jpg  
Old 10-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Track looks great Jim... Does it have a name?
Old 10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Yes, "Lower intestines".

Looks good Jim, nice easy track for the beginning of the season is always welcome!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Madulla
Track looks great Jim... Does it have a name?
No name yet, same layout we ran last October.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pcar951
No name yet, same layout we ran last October.
I am only coming out to play if we run counter clockwise.

-b
Old 10-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

is that the solution for shaft drive torque steer?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

No a $300 Floating Front Gearbox is the solution for torque steer. Duh.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Great work tonight everyone! We got the track all set up and ready to use for practice and our first club race of the season this week!

I am impressed with how many dudes came out to help set up our facility. Thanks to everyone who showed up to help! We cannot run without club members putting in some work so we can all enjoy.

Pits spots are more or less chosen. There may be a couple open spots to squish another table or two in, so please talk to one of the exec before you setup a table to be left set up. As decided at the AGM, wcics cleanup crew chose first. Then those obviously who were there this evening filled the rest of the open spaces. The remainder will be chosen (if necessary) by people who have been members of the club the longest, at the discretion of the exec.

Another note. After the 2015/2016 season comes to a close, I will personally be going through ANY left over chairs, tables, and extension cords left at the facility. If they remain past the first weekend in April, its going to be tossed. We do not have the space the store members equipment. This gives everyone plenty of notice to make arrangements to remove your equipment this coming spring. Thanks, with peace and love!

Thanks to Al for working hard on the website! A calendar will be up soon that will show what classes will run on race nights. This Friday, we will be running TC stock, TC mod, F1, and MINI. Racing starts at 6:30 sharp. If you are late, you will be added in the next round.

Thats all for now.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Great job Matt, Jim, Kerry, Miller, Al!

That was a brilliant idea to help get people out, worked great!

Thanks for everything you've done already, it's plain to see the team is more about hard work, maintenance, and making improvements than anything else! It's already showing results in the club, the website, the setup crew, the 2014 WCICS final race, and the numbers!

Just really happy to see all the improvements in the club!

Josh
Old 10-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

In need of a little help. In the process of moving into my house my TC bodies where accidentally thrown out. PM has nothing in stock. Would anyone be able to part with a spare they may have? And if possible bring it tonight to practice. Thanks for any help.
Pat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.