Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Default 2009 AGM Minutes

Thanks for the gentle push Ivan. And thanks for the mini input guys, I thought I'd remembered 3400 but wanted to be sure before I bought.

Here's the minutes from the AGM. I've also attached the word document because the formatting doesn't copy well to the forum.

Elections: Open for Nominations

Executive Positions
President: Josh Carter
Vice President: Eddie Bussiere
Treasurer: Mike Gill (Voted in Summer, carried over) Mike Gill

Director Positions
WCICS rep: Stu Leckie
Tuesday Practice Marshalls: 1. Jim Chapman, Mario Dilallo, Scott Long, Rick Leung
Wednesday Practice Marshalls: 1. Chris Stanislow 2. Mike Evans 3. Scott Long
Race Director (runs Friday night races, registration): Chris Stanislow (2 nights/mo) shared with volunteers
Track Director (designs track layout, setup & teardown): Greg Gherasin shared with volunteers

Overview of 2009/10 Rules
-12th Stock: brushed 27 turn, 17.5 brushless, 4 cell-nimh or nicd, single cell lipo

-12th Modified: open motors, 4 cell nimh or nicd 10.5 limit

-Tamiya Mini: Silver can Tamiya motors, open rubber tire, any WCICS legal battery pack. Tamiya Mini-TCS rules except bodies are open to different brands and non-performance enhancing upgrades, ie.-no aftermarket drivetrain upgrades-Tamiya drivetrain upgrades only. Limit to 3600 unmatched Ni-MH or Lipo batteries.

-LIPO batteries are legal for TC, WGT, 1/12th & MINI. All TCS legal LIPO’S must have a Molded Plastic Hard Case! All lipo’s must be ROAR approved and ROAR approved charging methods must be followed.

-Stock Touring: 27 turn brushed, 17.5 brushless, 6 cell nimh or nicd, ROAR aproved Lipo's, Spec rubber tire-Jaco Blue, min. weight 1500grams

-Superstock Touring: 19 turn brushed, 13.5 brushless, 6 cell nimh or nicd, ROAR Lipo's, Spec rubber tire-Jaco Blue, min. weight 1500grams

-Spec rubber tire classes will get one set of four tires to run in qualifying and the main. The racers are allowed to practice with as many sets or brands that they want to. The spec tire will be Jaco Blues.

-The clubs also decided to purchase year end trophies instead of individual clubs giving out plaques at each race. This will give a little more credit to the racers that travel to numerous events and do well in the points.

Summary Table
1. Stock 1500g Jaco Blue Tires Lipo, or NiMH
2. Superstock 1500g Jaco Blue Tires Lipo or NiMH
3. Mini (MA05)1200g Open 3600 Lipo or NiMH
4. 1/12 Scale 795g Open Tire 1 cell Lipo or 4 cell NiMH
5. WGT 1105g WGT Tires 1 cell Lipo or 4 cell NiMH

Full list of WCICS rules at http://www.wcics.sarcarclub.com/Rules.html

WCICS Dates
Edmonton: November 6-8
Lethbridge: January 15-17
Regina: February 12-14
Calgary: March 12-14

Info
-Volunteers and date to move carpet and boards, truck & flatbed needed
Date: 7 pm Monday Sept 28th
Truck and Trailer: Tom Weston
Volunteers: 7pm @ Stanislow’s PDS Fire Protection 4960 14th St SE Bay #2

-Practice nights will continue to be on Tues & Wed, race Friday

-Public Cars: Ideas/donations of Mini’s for “Public” cars, to be available for people to try out, or rental to friends for racing. Eastridge offered 2 minis donation

-Season Championships: Same as last year, but we’ll be having 2:

1. Winter: Oct 16th to end of 2009 Voted YES
2. Spring: Jan 1, 2010 to end of March

Club Buys
This year we’re doing direct club buys, so a portion of the sales goes directly to the club to help with expenses. The group buys are below. We’ll have 2 orders.

Order #1 deadline Oct 2nd, delivery Oct 9th (second race Friday)
Order #2 deadline Oct 23rd, delivery Oct 30th (club race before Edmonton WCICS)

Item CarCar Price US Price (for reference-Stormer today in $CDN)
XRay WGT $299 $286
SMC 5200 50C 7.4V $130 $143
SMC 4900 50C 3.7V $67 $71.50
Jaco Blue TC Tires $30 $31.90
Jaco WGT $27 $28.60

PM Hobbycraft Update
Discussion of requests by many members for more parts support from PM Hobbycraft, and the actions that the CarCar exec have taken over the last 2 years to try to address the issue.
Club Racing Discussion/Motions (15min discussion max, then vote)

Motion 1: Tire additives
1. Niftech
2. Open
3. Other required brand?

Discussion and vote approved for Open Citrus based tire additives.

Motion 2: Fees
Background: Below are the future expenditures CarCar is expecting
$6,000 Carpet
$3,000 Trailer
$500 Computer
$1,000 Transponder Battery Replacements (over next 2 years)
$10,500 Total
The club membership and race fees haven’t changed in a LONG time, and we’re proposing a small increase as follows to help to fund the above expenses.
Membership Race 1st Class 2nd+ Class Practice
Existing $60 $10 0 Free
Proposed $70 $10 $5 Free
Non-Member $15 $20 $5

Discussion and vote approved to raise the membership rate to $70, first race stays the same at $10, second race is change to $5, practices remain free for members. Non-members race fee goes to $15 for first class, and $20 for second class.

This year we’ll have a dedicated race registrar from 6:30 to 7pm, who will have the membership list. You will pay the non-member fee until you pay your membership fee. This is simply to encourage people to sign up, so the exec doesn’t have to chase people all year.

Open for motions/discussions from the floor.

New Motion 3: Limit of 2 Classes per night per racer

New Motion 4: If 4th Qualy doesn’t start by 10:00pm then we don’t do it
Attached Files
File Type: doc
2009 AGM Agenda w NOTES.doc (46.0 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default agm

what about sunday racing ?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

CARCAR races only on Friday in the winter. Check out KARZ.ca for Saturday or Sunday racing.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey Josh

your 12th scale mod or superstock or whatever the other class is to be called needs a little edit.

Stu
Old 09-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by c-lyon
CARCAR races only on Friday in the winter. Check out KARZ.ca for Saturday or Sunday racing.
thats not what was said at the agm
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got the info, thanks Josh!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry Da Bull, I must have been asleep. What did they say? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

RUMOR CONTROL!

AFTER the AGM a few of us were just standing outside the door, and I mentioned I forgot to talk about doing an inter-city Enduro race with Karz.

Of course we can't fit it in on a Friday, and so thought we could alternate back and forth on the Sundays with Karz hosting, then us.

Then Chris and Dwayne jumped on the idea and said they'd like to run & sponsor the Sunday racing, maybe 2 Sunday's a month, non-points series races, just for fun.

Really that's as far as it went, I still haven't even heard if the HSC will let us run on the Sundays or not.

So the idea was born out of wanting to have joint races between the clubs, certainly NOT wanting to conflict with Karz (we need to work together).

Anyway, like I said, we haven't even heard if they'll let us run on Sundays, but if they do we'll sit down with Karz and figure out what days work so there's no conflict.

It's something we want to organize WITH Karz, not without.

Personally, I think we've got it GREAT in this city. You could be running RC 4+ nights a week here. Most cities I know of (unless there's a permanent retail/business track facility) run at most 1 night a week, most every other week. We could easily ruin this for ourselves by turning it from a co-operative situation, to a competetive one, and either one or both the clubs might disappear, which I personally think would really SUCK!

Let's help Karz any way we can, promote fun competition between the clubs, and continue having a great plethora of available tracks and days to race on!

Lets face it, what's the most common thing you read about holding RC back from appealing to the masses? Exposure. Most people don't know there's RC racing in the world period, much less in thier own city. The more clubs we have (if we do it right), the more events we are at (where members of both clubs turn out and people see how strong it is in Calgary), the more exposure we'll get and the more people will join us.

It's a great time to be in RC in Calgary, let's enjoy it!!!

Talk to you soon!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Josh, wouldnt an enduro work on a friday night? Even a 3hr Enduro straight run would work fine id think, actually good chance we would be out earlier lol. I like the idea of being able to run at either club more often than have alternating clubs, because if i cant run on a Sunday, maybe i can make Friday etc. Anyways just some food for thought!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing

PM Hobbycraft Update
Discussion of requests by many members for more parts support from PM Hobbycraft, and the actions that the CarCar exec have taken over the last 2 years to try to address the issue.
Club Racing Discussion/Motions (15min discussion max, then vote)
I'm very disappointed in you Josh Carter! After all the money and prizes that have been given the club over the years! You have thrown myself and PM right under the bus! I challenge you to find a store that you can walk into and pull as wide a range of parts right off the shelves! You can look in any major city! Try LA or New York even! If you would take a minute pull your head out of (enter name here) ass, you would see this!

Just because we no longer sell a certain fantastic European brand, should not give you the right to judge us! That brand was sold many times directly from the "distributor" to end users and so called "sponsored" drivers. You know first hand of this and cannot deny it! It was no longer in our interest to stock a dead line that just sat on the shelves.

You seem to be looking out for your "so called sponsor" (enter name here). As now, you offer these items for sale direct to the club! Do you have a business license to do so? Is the "so called sponsor" allowed to do so by the companies he distributes for? Never mind.... He sells direct all the time anyway!

Shame on you!

As for the good members of Carcar and Karz. I have been trying to get Tamiya parts for the M and TT01 chassis as much as I can. I am only allowed as a North American store, to buy from Borgfeldt and Tamiya USA distributors. If they don't have certain items in stock, the items go on back order. At times I will order 12 of each item and only receive 3 or 1! This is very frustrating for us all. I will talk to Tamiya when I'm in Chicago a few weeks from now!

I have explained this Tamiya problem to Jim Evans of Karz about 5 times now. I hope the message is relayed to the club members now! We are doing our best with what we have to work with! I am bulking up on Tamiya everywhere I can find it!

We are hording Tamiya M and TT01 parts. We are stocking all the Associated on road car parts TC5R, 12R5.1 and Worlds GT. We are getting the Cyclone and a compliment of parts for those that want a different brand. We are going to beat the final Jaco and SMC prices that Josh has offered!

Rod Littau
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Rod,

Thanks for trying to get Tamiya parts in stock, we all appreciate it. We've missed the ability to walk in and pull a wide range of parts right off the shelf.

The group buys have been around for years. Traditionally from PM & CanWest and this year Shockwave and Eastridge Hobbies have stepped up as well, and we welcome them. But the club buys are nothing new, and are not exclusive to any single brand or vendor. The club appreciates any discounts for its members, and we're lucky to have lots of great support out there.

In the end, that's all I have been doing here, trying to answer the requests of the members. As I said to Doug, on-road numbers have tripled since you stopped racing Rod, there's a lot of people out there who need parts and are getting them where they can.

CarCar appreciates the loyal sponsorship PM has shown, and we continue to have a great relationship with the owners.

I'm sorry this has become personal for you, but boil it down, we (Karz and I) were simply asking for you to bring the products we need into the store so we can spend money. Some you are, and we appreciate it.

But Rod, if you continue to flick away the grains of sand, soon there won't be any beach.

Josh
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axle182
Hi Josh, wouldnt an enduro work on a friday night? Even a 3hr Enduro straight run would work fine id think, actually good chance we would be out earlier lol. I like the idea of being able to run at either club more often than have alternating clubs, because if i cant run on a Sunday, maybe i can make Friday etc. Anyways just some food for thought!
Hey A,

It might, but we're keeping the regular CarCar points series strong and independant, so are looking at Sundays.

And to make it clear again, we are doing this WITH Karz! IF the HSC lets us run on 2 Sundays, we'll sit down and plan it out WITH Karz so we're both not on the same day. This is really meant to bring the 2 clubs together, have more days available, and increase exposure.

Really, if you would have asked me if this city would support 4-5 nights a week of RC, a couple years ago I would have said no way. I was wrong!

I see now that the more nights both clubs run, the more options there are for people to come out, and the more new faces are walking in the door! It's really exciting, and I'd love to see 2 other clubs start up in the other quadrants of the city.

We're 2 clubs in a city of over a million, the vast majority of which had fun with some kind of RC car as a kid. We have not even begun to tap the available number of people out there who would love to come join us!

Looking forward to a really great year!

And congrats again on a spectacular Legends season, tons of talent in your hands and feet!!!

Josh
Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, there’s a bit of tension here.

I just want to say, thanks Josh for doing what you do for the club and our hobby. I also want to thank Rod and the boys at PM Hobby for the great job and customer service you provide in doing your best to provide the products we need.

“Can’t we all just get along???”

Personally, I would hope that PM would continue to support our local RC clubs one way or another. I and other members definitely appreciated it.

As a cost conscience consumer though, I do like what you said Rod: “We are going to beat the final Jaco and SMC prices that Josh has offered!”…..let the price war begin!!! Just kidding.....sort of.

Ivan
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing
Hey A,

It might, but we're keeping the regular CarCar points series strong and independant, so are looking at Sundays.

And to make it clear again, we are doing this WITH Karz! IF the HSC lets us run on 2 Sundays, we'll sit down and plan it out WITH Karz so we're both not on the same day. This is really meant to bring the 2 clubs together, have more days available, and increase exposure.

Really, if you would have asked me if this city would support 4-5 nights a week of RC, a couple years ago I would have said no way. I was wrong!

I see now that the more nights both clubs run, the more options there are for people to come out, and the more new faces are walking in the door! It's really exciting, and I'd love to see 2 other clubs start up in the other quadrants of the city.

We're 2 clubs in a city of over a million, the vast majority of which had fun with some kind of RC car as a kid. We have not even begun to tap the available number of people out there who would love to come join us!

Looking forward to a really great year!

And congrats again on a spectacular Legends season, tons of talent in your hands and feet!!!

Josh
Appreciate that Josh sounds perfect!

Ill make one comment on your post Rod, while I respect PM and their employees (Buddha your a champ!), some of us in the 'community' do hear what transpires under the tables. While this is obviously not directed at anyone in particular, i just wanted you to know, the truth always rises to the surface, and there is always two sides to every single story out there mate

We have a SUPERB RC community here in Calgary, 2 massive clubs, a heap of great hobby stores, which are the envy of many places. While I strongly disagree with some of what you wrote Rod, I do agree PM has helped Carcar so many times in the past ive simply lost count. Without PM, we wouldnt have the opportunity to do what we do. The prizes have been amazing and I certainly thank you guys. I hope whatever brought this change in feelings isnt what will guide decisions in the future.

Now im going back out to the garage to cut more damn mesh for the front of the race car..... first time on dirt this Saturday and im sh^ttin myself.....
Old 09-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
“Can’t we all just get along???”
+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.