Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if and when I get out:

12th scale
World GT
Mini

I'm like quite a few, done with Touring Car.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm thinking (and hoping) that TC will be alive and well in both, the series and club races. It'll be good to see pan cars in greater numbers for sure but, for me TC is still the schiz!

My priorities are:

1st - TC Superstock
2nd - TC Stock
3rd - 1/12 Stock
4th - WGT

Jim C.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcar951
I'm thinking (and hoping) that TC will be alive and well in both, the series and club races. It'll be good to see pan cars in greater numbers for sure but, for me TC is still the schiz!

My priorities are:

1st - TC Superstock
2nd - TC Stock
3rd - 1/12 Stock
4th - WGT

Jim C.
yeah Jim, for sure TC will still be big.
Personally though, I need a change.
I won my first touring car title in 95 !
Old 09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be running...

Touring Stock/Superstock
1/12 (hopefully 1s lipo 13.5)
Mini
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Count me in too..

TC stock and Superstock..

Anyone for modified? 10.5 plus?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

I ran a little TC mod a couple of years ago Gordon, it was a humbling experience.

I do have a 10.5 in my pit box though, Hmmmm.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stulec52
I won my first touring car title in 95 !
95, wow! Were the wheels chiseled from stone back then?
You look pretty good for your age Stu!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Interested in running in order:

1) wgt stock
2) 12th stock (17.5) or (10.5)
3) mini

Have tried a 6.5 around the track. The acceleration is a complete rush when you can hold on to it. You have to run within the rubber "grove" around the track and be able to hit your marks perfectly.

Not being that experienced my fun lasted 5 laps before a spectacular crash causing me to get out the dust pan. Nothing left. Would I do it again hell yes.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looks like pan is going to be very popular Dont know if it had been mentioned, but is there a estimated start date for the indoor season?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Touring Stock
1/12 scale Stock
Old 09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Default AGM Tues Sept 15th at 7pm at the Horseshoe Club

HELLO ALL!!!

Busy summer continues, just finished 4 weeks of landscaping, and damn I'm tired! About the only thing I've been able to get away to is 6 or so karting nights.

I hope it's been a great summer for everyone, I know I've had a blast getting every last ounce out of Race City and the CKRC Kart track, and there's a vote on Monday at City Council to keep it open, only lost by one vote before, hopefully this time it passes! The kart club is moving forward with building a new track by Irricana as well (full size and kart track), and Dr. Jay Zlazlo is moving forward with building the Badlands Motorsports Park, which he plans to have up to 3 full size tracks of different styles out there.

But I digress.

CarCar ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The date for our AGM is Tuesday Sept 15th at the CarCar (Horseshoe) Club at 7pm.

SWAP MEET (6:30-7 and after the AGM)

With all the request for motors and such, let's have a bit of a swap meet as well. I'll bring some motors, batt's, etc and I think it will help out people who are new, or switching cars/classes. It'll be informal, so can be before and after the AGM, but we'll shut it down during the meeting. I'll be bringing some motors and batt's to kick it off.

SET UP

We'll be coordinating a firm date at the AGM, but tentative starting schedule is:
Monday Sept 28th: Get equipment from Stanislow's and set up.
Tuesday Sept 29th: Opening Practice Night
Wed Sept 30th: Practice
Friday Oct 2nd: First Race

AGENDA

All the usual, exec elections, practice schedule, class rules, etc. If anyone has anything specific they'd like added to the agenda now is the time to PM me and I'll add it in. I'll post the official agenda 2 weeks before the meeting.

I finally got the previous president to hand over the keys to the bank account a couple months ago and so for the first time in years we'll also have a financial update from our newly elected Treasurer.

And yes Kapt K, it's years. I took over in 2007

RULES FOR 2009

Firstly, for the motor/lipo for pan cars, at the club level we'll just test it the below way for now, and make changes if needed. If it's not even, we can adjust by allowing hotter motors, or less weight for the lipo guys. I'm sure all the clubs will be experimenting and through the WCICS reps reporting back. Hopefully by the first race we'll have an even playing field. I've talked to Karz and they're doing some testing as well, so we'll get thier input too.

As was said above, don't get to upset at these initial testing stages, we'll work to get it nice and even. I'm going to be running lipo WGT, so have a vested interest in it being right.

We'll be doing the CarCar points championships again, but with the possibility of a fall and spring championship series, so break it up and keep the competition hot until the last race.

Just some reminders in case anyone is doing any early ordering:

-WCICS Touring Car is spec tire with Jaco Blue rubber (as posted above CarCar is open, but most run the Jaco's): We'll be doing a club order directly with CarCar

-WGT is spec tire with Jaco Lilac foam: We'll also be doing a club order directly with CarCar

-For batteries, we'll be doing a club order for TC and Pan car SMC's directly with CarCar

CanWest RC has a special CarCar order for the WGT car at $299. CarCar gets some of the proceeds of the sales, so you help out our club by buying these through CarCar.

Shockwave may have a group buy for Trinity Duo motors, details at the AGM.

As per the discussion at Airdrie, we'll be following the below decisions:

TC Weight is 1500g
Single cell lipo's are allowed in WGT and 1/12th
There was another decision or two, Stu please post all the Airdrie votes please.

I talked to Al at the Horseshoe club yesterday and we're all good to go, same Tues/Wed/Fri works just fine with him.

Oh, and I'll plan to be there at 4pm, just for Stu! lol I've got a work thing until 6:30 so I'll be heading down right after.

And I'll be running TC (stock or SS), WGT and Mini.

Finally, a BIG THANKS to all the CarCar members and especially the volunteers:

Practice Nights: Jim, Mario, Ian
Accounting/Treasurer: Mike
Race Marshall & Registrations: EVERYONE who ran a race, jumped in to help with registrations, etc.
Setups: The same great group of people that have been there again and again to help out setting up and tearing down!

Last edited by IronRing Racing; 09-11-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tweeq d is not doing the order, Shockwave is doing the order

trinity or speedpassion
also 5000mah 40c batteries for cheap
also 1s cells and nimh
Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the info Josh.
looking forward to Tuesday!

I'll bring some stuff to sell/trade as well.

as for other items we discussed at Airdrie, I think the only one you missed is that the new Tamiya M05 mini will be legal to run this year.

I am not sure though about tires in the Mini class.
WCICS run Tamiya ONLY tires.
I don't think CARCAR ever actually stated if we were following that or leave it open?

Stu
Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mini Tires @ CARCAR

Stu,

I don't think we ever explicitly set a "Tamiya tires only" rule at CARCAR. I think we kinda treated it like the TC rubber tires where we can use any tire @ CARCAR and only Jaco Blues @ the WCICS race.

Perhaps we should clarify at the AGM.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Chris, edited the post to Shockwave. My appologies, and thanks for helping the club out.

For the tires, at CarCar we've been open tire for mini, and you're right, missed that the new M05 is legal.

Thanks for the corrections!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.