Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is racing this winter going to be on fridays for sure. I just need to know.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

90% sure we need to run it through our members and clear with the hsc. but if it is we are going to test fridays through till xmas and then go from there.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
isb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kerry
90% sure we need to run it through our members and clear with the hsc. but if it is we are going to test fridays through till xmas and then go from there.
FYI I CLEARED IT WITH THE HSC
Old 08-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Careful Ian, if you go on like this you'll be in double digits within a year.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone have any pics of the indoor track on the carpet? Im keen to see how big the track is, or at least how big the area is for the track. Couldnt find any on the webpage. Trying to decide whether ill be racing in the winter, and i like the idea of racing during the week at nights. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
isb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by c-lyon
Careful Ian, if you go on like this you'll be in double digits within a year.
A WISE GUY EH!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

its around 40 feet wide x 75 feet long
Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stu, I sent you a PM
Old 08-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

a good point has been stated on another thread regarding stock classes and introducing new people to the class. what do you guys think? should we have a stock class then a rookie class? or should we go back to a prostock and stock class like we used to run a few years ago? we need to introduce new members like stu mentioned, we have to make each race day enjoyable for all who attend. we need to stand by all the rules and enforce them when people bend or break them, clean passing, marshalling ect.. lets get it back to what this hobby is about, racing toy cars and having fun.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think the running stock and pro stock is the best bet. I know that one guy that haven't raced in 15+ years it thinking of coming out this fall and he told me he would want a 2 stock classes becuase he just wants to come out and have fun and not having to worry about getting out of the way of fast drivers every lap.
Lets make sure whoever is RD this year enforces all the rules.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I still think we run only 1 class of stock as the main class, then after that we can offer whatever people want to run.
All you do is pre-sort the heats by ability, so that no one has to run against someone who is lots faster or slower. This way you still have the heats being a fun run within themselves, but also you give people the chance week to week to see how much better ( or worse) they are getting.

As for rules / enforcement : it was brought up on another thread that 1 major complaint is the punt to pass move. I do not think our club members are particularly guilty of this, but in general it is one thing that the WCICS series doesn't really bother with, and is something that should not be part of racing.
So, I think we might have some referee types watching for things like that, corner cutting etc and so long as any unfairly gained places are given back then no problem, but if not penalties could be handed out, ranging from losing a 10 seconds off your best time, having a lap deducted or losing a total time.

Like I say though, our club is not bad when it comes to any cheating, but if someone who goes to our club is put off coming back because of things like this then we should address them.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

just a reminder that our agm is being held on wed sept 7 at 6:30 at the hsc let everyone know, all members and non members welcome, if your interested in the club come on down and check it out, bring your ideas we are having our agm early this year so we may focus and organize the season better, what would you like to see changed this year? what can we do to improve? how can we have fun? these are just some of the questions that are answered. please let evryone know that may not have access to this info. and let the hobby stores know so they may do there part and pass on this info

thanx again and see ya thursday

p.s we will be electing a new board so if you are interested or know someone that is be ready, positions are as follows pres, vice pres, secretary, treasurer, race director, track director we are trying new things and what to take our club to the next level so please only volunteer if you can commit for the year

all the best
Old 08-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just was thinking if we get all the faster guys to run mod we wouldn't need to split up the classes. I know when I started racing I started off running novice then went to stock and after I did well I raced mod. I think all the fast guys should be in mod. Money is a no issue for the people racing it, most already have the motors. I can't remember the last time we had a mod class.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

stock racing is the backbone of our club, and the majority that is raced in the series. we tried moving people to 19t last year and a few years ago we tried the mod approach. it just didn't work. i personally enjoy stock more than anything i am not a big fan of mod. thats just my tastes. just a hypothetical question what happens if all the fast guys run mod and not stock and someone does not enjoy it? do they stop racing? if anything we should have a pro stock catagory like before. having everyone run stock should not be a problem like stu mentioned we can sort out by ability ranking with our computer and it will keep all racers were they should be, with people that are the same times as they are, the fast guys should all be in one heat and the same goes for the next 8 and so on. having this system gives other racers something to shoot for. if we all decide to go back to a pro stock class when you are putting lap times within the 3-4 laps of the leader that would be the time to jump up this would only make ther driving better even if they are moving over to let fast people by it gives all racers something to achieve. and makes all our skill levels increase. lets remember we have all been in these situations before.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Company Representative

The problem with the ranking thing is that if there are 9 really fast stock guys, one of them will be running with the new guys. Best to go pro stock and stock. And make the stock class a spec tire(rubber) and motor(no tweaks), and even take it a step further and make it non matched stick packs. If you walk by the pits on any given sunday, most ppl have $4k worth of stuff on them. How many ppl have come in to watch and never return after seeing that.

Next, make tracks that are 8' wide lanes so ppl have room to move. The track designs that keep on getting thrown down are even tight for 12th scale. With tracks like that you create an atmosphere of contact. I for one left because of the track layouts and the constant pounding my car took from other drivers. There have only been 2 guys in CARCAR that actually pulled over and waited for me after they punted me.

To me those are the 2 largest problems plaging the on-road scene.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.