Wiki Posts
Search

CORCS Alberta Series Race 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In my view, its very disappointing the CORCS is allowing, electrics and GT to die
What are the directors supposed to do? Force people to buy electrics? Come on! CORCS has nothing to do with what classes are run; the racers do. This isn't just happening here by the way; GT is dying in the US as well. The Pro Series used to be pretty evenly represented between 1/8 and GT. GT has been shrinking for all 3 years since Pro Series started. The reason for this -- in a word -- Truggy. They are easy to drive, fast, big, bulky and I'm told they're fun. Pinning market trends on the CORCS directors is a bit short sighted.

Don't get me wrong, I love E-Buggy and GT, but they are dying classes. Not much can be done about it. Blame should not be pinned on anyone.

Later,
Old 06-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dwayne, so if CORCS were to make it so that every nitro racer needs to run an electric, then the same would go for the electric racers, they need to run a nitro. So you and your sons would need to get into nitro racing to race your electrics, and everyone would have to run 2 classes at every CORCS event.

I hope you can see the logic behind why this would never work.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, I see the logic, I know it seems impossible, but its we as racers that can make this change. I only made a "suggestion" with no blaming, it was just an idea. I was hoping you guys would come up with a few more.

I just enjoy my electric offroads, I own 2wd, 4wd and truck and they are all great! Its just a little frustrating for me as I want to race and I have no where to do it. I just don't want electrics to die without a bit of a fight.

I am happy to hear Ty will be racing electric too, I just wish I could keep up!!

Now, I can always hope Wayne Mah starts racing an electric!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If my Sphere Competition and my Neo 2 motor ever show up I will be racing my T4 in the CORCS. My Revo was also down this last weekend. Hope to see you all at the next Alberta Race.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

dasdaman- Sign up for Medicine Hat. Cory is signed up and I can confirm that another 2wd buggy will be somewhere on the track. I'm throwing a noobie into the fire that weekend. Jenn who is starting to really get the hang of pitting nitro for me, is going to take her hand at racing now as well. (I was getting tired of watching her sleep between rounds...lol)
Should be pretty interesting to say the least considering she has had maybe 5 minutes tops at the controls of anything RC related, and I know nothing about running electrics. But we all gotta start somewhere.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
NRG
Tech Apprentice

I will be running electric in med hat, edmonton and at the finals
Old 06-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

I'm always down for some Elec Buggy! If I could ever make it to one of these races I would run mine!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I will be running 4Mod as my second class from now on. I just can't get into the truggies. So break em out!!