Wiki Posts
Search

CORCS Alberta Series Race 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Two STRs were there, I took second in the B, the other was somewhere in the A.
Ty tessman TQd and won truggy(hot bodies)
Wayne mah TQd and won 1/8th scale(xray)
Dick liew(sp) TQ and won MT(traxxas)
Old 06-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another Red Deer race has come and gone. After the dust settled, it was a great weekend.

A total of 88 entries in 4 different classes. We had 1/8 scale, Truggy, 1/8 scale Sportsman, and of course, Monster Truck.

After a little bit of a later start than we wanted to have on Saturday morning thank's to computer issues, we ran three rounds of Qualifying. We had more than ample time to run a fourth round on SATURDAY, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Computer issue struck once again. Buddha and I had some work to do.

Sunday morning came waayyyyyy to early for some of us. Again, a little bit of a later start than we wanted but we still ended up being done at a very reasonable time. We were away from the track by 6pm.

Through out the weekend we some some pretty funny moments like a backflip in the middle of a race, and some great crashes. We also saw lot's of very close and competitive racing. The top 15 cars in 1/8 scale were seperated by less than a lap. We did it a little different because of the software that we had and we ran 12 cars in the 1/8th and the Truggy mains. That meant that the top ten were the qaulifiers and then we had two bump ups. With having twelve cars on the track it made it interesting to watch.

The finishes for the number one spot were as follow's:

1/8th Scale - Wayne Mah
Truggy - Ty Tessman
1/8 Sportsman - Kerry Nevatte
Monster Truck - Dick Liew

The full result will be either posted here or on the CORCS website.

I would personally like to thank H-O Performance for the support of this event. If it wasn't for them, I don't think the Clutch Nutz RC club would be as strong as it is.

The Clutch Nutz RC club, The hard work that the club and it's associates put into this event was noticed. The small details that people don't really think about, like having St. John's Ambulance on site all weekend is great.

John Lundstrum, Dale Constantine, Wayne Bosse', and the entire Thompson family, a huge thanks goes to you. You did everything that needed to be done. You guys really stepped to the plate and made this event run as smooth as you could make it. It really was a big help to both Buddha and myself knowing that you guy's were there when something needed to be done.

Gary Fliegel and Corey Drachenberg, thank you for your help with the computer issues. We didn't get it figured out in time but it sure did make it easier on myself and Buddha when we did call on you for your services. And Corey, let me guess, you officially know NOTHING about RC Scoring Pro from this point on??? lol

Buddha, what can I say? with out you, I wouldn't have as much fun as I do behind the microphone without you there. Believe me when I say that I have no idea what I'd do at these event's if it wasn't for you.

That's about all that I have for now but remember the Medicine Hat race is the next one in the Alberta series, on the July Long weekend.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sounds like nother good CORCS race all in all. Wish I was there! Please post when you can full truggy and 1/8 buggy qualifing and main results. Thanks......
Old 06-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why no electrics??
Old 06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revonator
Why no electrics??
Because it takes tallent to race them! 2WD, that is!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

I uploaded the detailed results page that I wrote last night. It can be reached by clicking on the event title on the standings page or at the following link:

http://www.corcs.ca/corcs/Results/RedDeer.aspx

Later,
Old 06-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

slotcarrod:

Come to the CORC Loops race. I'll race 2WD anytime and so will a few others.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Revonator
Why no electrics??
Not enough ppl came out to make it worthwhile, I think there was 4
Old 06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There was no electric because there was a total of 6 of them out. On the Red Deer track, you can't run the race and put those 6 guy's through hell running around after 12 cars in the next heat. There was one guy that ONLY had electric. It was offered to him to run in another class with his electric but he declined. It was very unfortunate that there weren't more. I love my electric cars. They are a blast, and they can move. Hopefully we see the electric class pick up some but it almost seems like the truggy class has put the final nail in the coffin of the electrics and the GT's in Alberta.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

I have started uploading pics of the event that Gord Barr sent me. I've have gone through 188 of 510. The ones I have processed are in the Gallery. There are some awesome shots of the Truggy A-Main.

Look for more updates to the gallery tomorrow after lunch

Thanks again to Gordo for supplying some great pics!

Later,
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

come on! Who can forget about me coming back from the C-main to the A-main? I never had a good qualie, I knew I had A-main in me, but was bummed out I only made it to the C. so I got bumped up twice Wo0ot!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
There was no electric because there was a total of 6 of them out. On the Red Deer track, you can't run the race and put those 6 guy's through hell running around after 12 cars in the next heat. There was one guy that ONLY had electric. It was offered to him to run in another class with his electric but he declined. It was very unfortunate that there weren't more. I love my electric cars. They are a blast, and they can move. Hopefully we see the electric class pick up some but it almost seems like the truggy class has put the final nail in the coffin of the electrics and the GT's in Alberta.

That is sad news. Very sad news. You are right, electrics are a blast!! I feel for the guy who was provided a choice to choose to get his electric hammered by RC vehicles 3 times the size and weight. When I attended many of the races last year, I did not even risk practicing while any 1/8th scale or MT was on the track (and guess how much practice I got on the track, yes, very little to none). Its becoming not worth travelling from Saskatchewan for the CORCS for me and my sons. I hope CORCS realizes electrics still have a place in off-road and I firmly believe its up to the CORCS directors to make decisions about it.

In my view, its very disappointing the CORCS is allowing, electrics and GT to die. One suggestion maybe to have CORCS require by rule for every nitro racer to race at least one electric class. This would help to resurrect the electrics and make them incredibly competitive. All I know is electrics are just as fast and just as fun to race.

I hope to see more electics in Medicine Hat, as I will be making that trip along with my son. (So that is two racing two classes of electrics!) Lets see those pre regs!!

Dwayne Sturgeon
Racing Electrics Only
Old 06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dasdaman- I'm with you man, I brought my T4 with me, and ran 2 packs through it. But I think there were only 3 other guys with electric trucks out there. It would be awsome to see the electric class become popular. Its not likely though, the only way to increase the electric presence is at each club individually, at the local club here we run stadium trucks on carpet in the winter, so there is tons of guys with electric trucks here. It would be a great way for any of the clubs in alberta to bring up the level of offroad electric participation.
I don't think that a rule for all nitro racers to also race one electric class would ever fly, but it'd be cool! Mabye if wayne mah and some of the really fast guys started running electric then some more interest would be generated in the classes.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WheelNut
dasdaman- I'm with you man, I brought my T4 with me, and ran 2 packs through it. But I think there were only 3 other guys with electric trucks out there. It would be awsome to see the electric class become popular. Its not likely though, the only way to increase the electric presence is at each club individually, at the local club here we run stadium trucks on carpet in the winter, so there is tons of guys with electric trucks here. It would be a great way for any of the clubs in alberta to bring up the level of offroad electric participation.
I don't think that a rule for all nitro racers to also race one electric class would ever fly, but it'd be cool! Mabye if wayne mah and some of the really fast guys started running electric then some more interest would be generated in the classes.

Ty's going to start running elec. in the series now.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cool, he should be able to sufficently hand my ass to me, lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.