Search

12 Heures du Tamiya

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I hope thats the case... I also hope nobody shows up with a typical RC paint job ... keeping things scale looking is whats cool about it... Out team is gathering at Tamiya track on August 1st to practice build a TT02R and test drive... were not dicking around can I say dicking ?
Originally Posted by tiko
You just did twice
Old 07-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Seems some of you really know how to make some good headlights.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I hope thats the case... I also hope nobody shows up with a typical RC paint job ... keeping things scale looking is whats cool about it... Out team is gathering at Tamiya track on August 1st to practice build a TT02R and test drive... were not dicking around can I say dicking ?
Will you guys be allowed to practice into the evening? If so I'll jump in with my ride for some night time driving. I ain't fiddle!#=&@n around either hombre.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsracer
Will you guys be allowed to practice into the evening? If so I'll jump in with my ride for some night time driving. I ain't fiddle!#=&@n around either hombre.
I don't think so... It's just a normal Saturday Tamiya practice day thing...
Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Carlton try to get 5 going on Team Almond Joy, and you will be the 15th and final team
Attached Thumbnails 12 Heures du Tamiya-goldenticket.jpg  
Old 07-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Mutley, one of my favorite cartoon characters.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Scrutineering, please

Question for the rules boffins. At a recent test, we had much enjoyment with the Ferrari 458 with two headlights in the light buckets supplied with the body (all that will fit), and four other headlights mounted in the nose. Reading all posted comments on the lighting allowed, this would seem to be illegal. So, we can only run headlights in the light buckets for the body, and nowhere else? This would seem to hand an advantage to certain Tamiya bodies whose light buckets will fit two, or even three, LED's in the buckets. OK, boffins, weigh in please. Danke!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Question for the rules boffins. At a recent test, we had much enjoyment with the Ferrari 458 with two headlights in the light buckets supplied with the body (all that will fit), and four other headlights mounted in the nose. Reading all posted comments on the lighting allowed, this would seem to be illegal. So, we can only run headlights in the light buckets for the body, and nowhere else? This would seem to hand an advantage to certain Tamiya bodies whose light buckets will fit two, or even three, LED's in the buckets. OK, boffins, weigh in please. Danke!
I think you've pretty much answered your own questions, and if the thought that having an extra bulb or two is an 'advantage', then... well...

Last edited by EricP; 07-22-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricP
I think you've pretty much answered your own questions, and if the thought that having an extra bulb or two is an 'advantage', then... well...
six headlights says what? It is true... like I've mentioned before, it's seeing the track and not the car that matters and those 6 headlights on the subaru can't see at the angles you want them to. straight and to the side. Not enough to illuminate the corners

Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice projection
Old 07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

Carlton try to get 5 going on Team Almond Joy, and you will be the 15th and final team
No problem. I have four solids.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 07-22-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When we were running 1/12 enduro's - battery changes were very important. Not sure how many Lipos you are allowing, but a really fast battery change was important then. The Associated 12I had a real advantage over the saddlepack cars and we used a spring rubber band set that allowed us to change the battery in about 10 seconds.

AND I'M REALLY ENVIOUS OF YOU ALL. WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST!!!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Just another service offered

Oooh, sarcasm, my favorite. Have to deal with it all day at work, and I'm not even allowed to use it. Anyway, not entirely sure what you mean. If car's headlight buckets only allow use of one LED per side, can only use one. If car's headlight buckets can use two LED's, can use two. I get it.
Point is, we found more LED's aimed at corners helped somewhat. But admittedly the total amount of light the car admits (including the taillights) helps the driver place the car on the track, rather than seeing what's ahead. However, my own experience is that if you have well-aimed lights in reflectors, the amount of light they throw ahead is surprising. OTOH, the fewer wires we have under the bodywork, the better (and lighter) the car will be. I get it.
Just wanted clarification. May have to start using term "evil boffins" from now on.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Oooh, sarcasm, my favorite...... May have to start using term "evil boffins" from now on.
I'm okay with that.

Originally Posted by torg
six headlights says what? It is true... like I've mentioned before, it's seeing the track and not the car that matters and those 6 headlights on the subaru can't see at the angles you want them to. straight and to the side. Not enough to illuminate the corners
I wouldn't be Me if I wasn't disagreeing with someone I think quite oppositely actually. If you can't see and orient the car in the right direction, what's the use in seeing the track. Sure in a real car, you want to light up where you're looking out your window, but we'll all have a wide view of the 'whole track', eyes adjusted, from the drivers stand.... The corners don't move, but your car will. Having a clear view of the car as a whole is so much more important that seeing the corner light up when you get there, which doesn't give you any time to do anything anyways. I always stare at these cars on a dark track and find i'm more distracted by the lights than find them helpful. At the same time, I'm sure that during the day, we're not half way down the straight staring at the sweeper; you know where it is when you get there.

Last edited by EricP; 07-23-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't be Me if I wasn't disagreeing with someone I think quite oppositely actually. If you can't see and orient the car in the right direction, what's the use in seeing the track. Sure in a real car, you want to light up where you're looking out your window, but we'll all have a wide view of the 'whole track', eyes adjusted, from the drivers stand.... The corners don't move, but your car will. Having a clear view of the car as a whole is so much more important that seeing the corner light up when you get there, which doesn't give you any time to do anything anyways. I always stare at these cars on a dark track and find i'm more distracted by the lights than find them helpful. At the same time, I'm sure that during the day, we're not half way down the straight staring at the sweeper; you know where it is when you get there.

sorry, had to

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.