Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus ! >

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsracer
What new toy did you get Cuda?
I think he told me he bought this one!!!
Attached Thumbnails SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-image.jpg  

Last edited by CW22; 09-03-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsracer
What new toy did you get Cuda?
No, Cuda got this one:
http://www.amazon.com/MD-FR12-Realis...s=blow+up+doll
Attached Thumbnails SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-41-hyhfhfil.jpg  
Old 09-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CL
LOL. Looks like I opened up a can of worms.:
Old 09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

I came in here afraid that I was going to be way off topic with my video link only to find Cuda is saving up RC funds to buy blow up dolls... OK, I don't feel so bad... check out this vid on the science of Pinewood Derby Cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjJtO51ykY
Old 09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I came in here afraid that I was going to be way off topic with my video link only to find Cuda is saving up RC funds to buy blow up dolls... OK, I don't feel so bad... check out this vid on the science of Pinewood Derby Cars

Even better, next time you see Mark Dawson ask him about the tech and specs he put into a Pinewood Derby car he built for his wife for a challenge at her job...mind blowing!!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot

That was some deep stuff Charles. I still don't know what new toy Cuda got. Got a lot of laughs from the question though.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hilarious!

But none of the toys above. RC cars are not toys anyway

CL, that page bookmarked?

Just decided to try the TRF 102 since so many of them looked like they were running well at the TCS Nationals.
Hope to get it as good or better than my X1, Tamiya not XRAY. (that one's for the carpet).
Old 09-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Tires

Question for Panda or Bill. Is there going to be a spec tire for GT 10 at this race on the 26th? If so what tire is it going to be and do we need to buy them a head of time or at the race on race day. Or is it open tire on spoke rims?

Erik
Old 09-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Root_66
Question for Panda or Bill. Is there going to be a spec tire for GT Sedan at this race on the 26th? If so what tire is it going to be and do we need to buy them a head of time or at the race on race day. Or is it open tire on spoke rims?

Erik
Hello Erik, glad to have you make the trip from AZ to join our series. There will be NO spec tire for any of the classes at the Tuning Haus End of Summer party 26-Sept at Tamiya. For GT sedan at Tamiya, you can't go wrong with a set of Sorex 36's. You can use any tire but for GT Sedan, you must use a spoke type (non-dish) wheel.

For the Winter Series that will start in November at TQ Racing, we will introduce a spec tire for our GT Sedan class. They will need to be purchased through Tuning Haus and they will be marked. We are also going to limit the amount of tires you can purchase to race with (amount of sets still to be determined) to use through the five race Winter Series to be run once a month from November 2015 thru March 2016.

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 09-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Default It has been too long

Signed up for GT sedan. 17 days to get ready!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Was there going to be an opportunity to practice with non-Tamiya cars at the AV track before the Race?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 240Z
Was there going to be an opportunity to practice with non-Tamiya cars at the AV track before the Race?
Yes ! Saturday 19-September is an open practice day for Non-Tamiya cars ENTERED FOR THE TUNING HAUS RACE ONLY ! It is not an open practice for any and all cars. Any Tamiya cars can practice free that day and for non-Tamiya cars entered in the End of Summer Party can practice for a $ 10.00 fee Paid to the Tamiya track crew (Max Valles, Kevin Nino or Mark Hinkley).

Thank you for asking Tim.

Now, back to getting cars ready for Saturday qualifiers at the ROAR Nats. No rest for the Panda.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Winter Series 2015-2016

Yes, Tuning Haus will be running a Winter Series again at TQ RC Racing in Chino ! Details including races dates will be up next week and there are some rule changes for our upcoming Winter Series. The series will start in November and finish in March.

End of Summer Party on Saturday 26-Sept at Tamiya Raceway will be run under all the current rules.

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 09-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Woohoo! Just signed up!

I can't get over how cool these things look. Still learning to glue them up but getting better with each set. I think I'm ready for the Winter series!! Now i just need all of Panda's race secrets....
Attached Thumbnails SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-tires.jpg  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Woohoo! Just signed up!

I can't get over how cool these things look. Still learning to glue them up but getting better with each set. I think I'm ready for the Winter series!! Now i just need all of Panda's race secrets....
Welcome to the F1 fraternity Josh. Glad to see you back into RC again. Maybe a resurrection of Royal Rumble ? I mentioned to my brother you are racing again and "talk" of my helping he get back out has started again. Will see if it materializes again. Will be happy to help you with F1 set-up and I have different tire compounds you can test also. Thursday is my usual night at TQ. You and Walter Ma will be welcome additions to the regular F1 crowd for the upcoming Winter Series and see you at the End of Summer Party at Tamiya on 26-Sept !

Panda

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.