Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree176Likes

The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Raff,
Thanks brotha!! I glad there's people like you that step up!! I be visiting out there again soon.
Jarrod K
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

55 ENTRIES!
I have a AEGT2 that is looking for a home
XTM 1/8th scale
AE FT T4 so if you needing any of it just send me a PM and I'll let it all go really cheap.

Take care my brotha. . . . from a notha motha. . . .
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Looks as though there will be FINE racing weather this weekend, so come race with us on Saturday, and either Cal Coast Racing League in Nipomo, or our friend Raf's place down south at Bending Corners Raceway on Sunday. The traction last race day was awesome, so I expect the same for this race. I don't want to let the cat outta da bag quite yet, but we have some awesome track improvements in the works. Will keep ya'll posted. Hope to see everyone Saturday!!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayne breault
I guess we just had a 6 race point series, looked at the Road Runners web site for results and standings found none. It's hard to get excited about a point series when there is no information about the point standings or results. I guess their saving everything for a BIG surprise at the end of the series or is it just lack of interest?
It's hard to get excited knowing you have to run against people using LIPO's in the stock class. Do YOU think you should really be included in the points series running LIPO's????? You were one of the biggest ones complaining about cheating. I guess if you can't beat em join em I'm done thank you
Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fran
Looks as though there will be FINE racing weather this weekend, so come race with us on Saturday, and either Cal Coast Racing League in Nipomo, or our friend Raf's place down south at Bending Corners Raceway on Sunday. The traction last race day was awesome, so I expect the same for this race. I don't want to let the cat outta da bag quite yet, but we have some awesome track improvements in the works. Will keep ya'll posted. Hope to see everyone Saturday!!

Come on Fran!! inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I will be coming down again when you guys get back on sundays, its to hard for me to get away on saturdays.
See ya again soon
Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I'm also looking forward toward moving the racing back to Sunday! I'm looking forward for tomorrow's on-road should be nice!!

For the off-road, we will be working on the track from 6:00a.m. till 9:00a.m. All club members who can help Sunday morning will be appreciated!! We will be racing Sunday!! The quicker the track is groomed the better.

I have no comment on LIPO'S right now, very political!!
Hopefully, some standard will be set that satifies these concerns will be resolved!!

Jarrod K
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruby
It's hard to get excited knowing you have to run against people using LIPO's in the stock class. Do YOU think you should really be included in the points series running LIPO's????? You were one of the biggest ones complaining about cheating. I guess if you can't beat em join em I'm done thank you

Wow!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Roadrunner's Update!!

We had a great race day Sat.7/14/07 for on-road!! Traction was awesome!! I will be posting the results on our website www.venturaroadrunners.com

I'd like to thank those you help setup and put away the track. Also to acknowledge Franno for taking the time to pressure wash the track.

As for the off-road, we had a huge response from club members who helped change the track. I would like to acknowledge Steve Saldana for organizing the Catapillar, and Mr. Conaway for providing Donuts and coffee. Also for all the club members that spent literallly all day fixing and grooming the track. Everyone's efforts were outstanding, and this club is growing every race day. A little mock racing this last Sunday was fun.

However, Saturday July 28th our on-road program will resume. Sign-ups open @ 9:00a.m. Racing will start @ 10:00a.m. Sharp!! The program will end by 4:00-4:30p.m

We will be having a night off-road race Saturday July 28th!! Sign-ups open @ 5:00p.m. Racing starts @ 7:00p.m. Sharp!! We will be running electric and gas 1/10, 1/12, 1/18, and 1/8 Scale. For all JBRL racers, here's a chance to get some early practice!! Looking forward to seeing eveyone out there!!

Jarrod K
Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

THANK YOU Jarred for all of the hours you spend at the track, be it onroad OR offroad. This past Saturday was a blast. Ain't no reason why the track shouldn't be prepped like that every week. That's the success of a club, is the amount of people involved with its operations. Big thanks to all those who went out Sunday, and worked on the track. This has been the tuff part before a big race... KEEPING it from getting destroyed before the race day. I'll cruise by on my way home from work daily to look in on it.. again, thanks to all who make the club what it is. Freekin old, succesful and alot of fun!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Whats up??? JK, are you ready to win the JBRL?????
Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Did I mention that I got a new speed controller?:fl aming::flaming ::cr y:
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2007 Rules for on Road Electric

Effective 07-28-07

Roadrunners RC Racing

[
2007 Rules for On Road Electric 10th and 12th Scale

Bodies:
10th scale bodies must be 4 door sedan.
12th scale bodie G.P.T. style

Motors:
10th scale motors:
Stock Class 27 turn with lock timing. No Brushless Motors.
19 Motor Class 19 turn motors with lock timing. No Brushless Motors.
Modified Class run what you bring.

12th scale motors:
19 turn with lock timing.

Batteries:
All 10th scale classes 6 cell NI_MH, NI_CD, or Lithium
All 12th scale 4 cell NI_MH, or NI_CD

Carweights for 10th scale electric:
All cars must weigh the same (53 ozs. or 3 lbs. 3 ozs).
All cars must be weighed before each qualifier.
The top 3 finisher's in each main will be re-weighed immediately after the main

All Rules Are At The Race Directors Discretion.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Effective 07-28-07

Roadrunners RC Racing

[

Bodies:

Motors:
10th scale motors:

12th scale motors:

Batteries:

Who the hell made up those rules??? LIPOS must be legal because that's all you have??? If LIPOS are legal you might as well allow brushless motors. I think I'll make the next club race and run the stock class with a LIPO and a 13.5 "stock" brushless motor. I'm sure we can "doctor" the rules a little to allow ME to run..... CMON whatta think???? HAVE A NICE DAY....
Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Effective 07-28-07

Roadrunners RC Racing

[

Bodies:

Motors:
10th scale motors:

12th scale motors:

Batteries:

Not to be funny, but I was reading the posts about the track still running Saturdays to go in the near future. I was thinking about going to run BL and now read it isn't allowed. I guess if I want to continue with my BL and Li-Po I may have to continue racing local. My car weighs in at 1525 grams. I'll have to check it in US standards to see if I can meet the rules. Then I'll have to decide whether I want to run brushed or stay local. More people read this thread than some may believe. Rules need to be firm rather than at discretion because at almost 80 miles away, I'd need to know so I don't make a wasted trip up the 101. Ventura County Road Runners please advise. Thanks in advance, Paco.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.