Search

2012 JBRL Electric Offroad Points Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
I will take 89 over 120 any time!
Same here. You can always put clothes on, but you eventually run out of things you can take off...

Should be really nice weather and track looks awesome. Should make for some great racing!
I'm glad it is earlier in the series this year, considering it was my favorite outdoor track aside from the heat. Definitely looks awesome again this year. Only a day left before racing!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Bust out the Vintage guys, I've got mine ready to tumble around

Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Another amazing event. 350+ for round two on easter weekend! What an awesome event!

Palm Desert track crew did an amazing job with watering and track maintenance. Layout was challenging and fun with lots going on to test you in many different area's. Everyone seemed to be having fun going outdoors on a big track. There was some great racing! Congrats to all the winners and results will be posted soon.

Thanks to TLR for there support of the series and thanks to the entire JBRL crew for putting on another amazing event.

Hope everyone made it home safe and we are off to Bakersfield in about a month. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What a great day of racing and so awesome to see the high turnout again. I just love racing these events.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jimmy, JBRL crew and the entire track crew at Palm Desert...thank you.

Thank you for letting us come play in your back yard Track was awesome, program was awesome. Looking forward to attending more races there in the future.

Wish we could have stayed for the mains, but the boy and I were both feeling really cruddy. Made for a very long day, but we held out as long as we could.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default JBRL 2012 R2 @ PDRCR

http://palmdesertrcraceway.com/media...-2012-r2-pics/

Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Outdoor Races and Smoking

I would like to make a suggestion and I am sure some will get upset at me or flame me for this...but thats ok with me.

I am not a smoker. I have nothing against those that choose to smoke. I just dont enjoy inhaling the 2nd hand smoke, all day. People smoking below the drivers stand, and waiting in line for the racing is by far the worst part of it. As they get their fix, my eyes burn and water and my throat gets scratchy.

Can we maybe designate a smoking area or maybe just 25 or 50 feet from the gates/doors of the facility??? If anyone has better ideas, I am down for it. I just know that many share the same sentiment. I know even nitro racing has stricter rules here.

As an aside, there was no excuse for smelling weed most of the time both days either in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

+1 Ryan!

This for me and my son is the only downside to this hobby. I really can't understand why people think it is okay to blow smoke everywhere when not everyone is a smoker....
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ask the world this question
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Prophet

In this day and age I don't think it is too much to ask for a designated smoking area away from the track/pits. With sporting arena's and other large sporting events going smoke free and even entire college campus' I think this is not unreasonable or something smokers are not used to already. Not trying to take away anyones right to smoke just trying to protect my right NOT to smoke!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Moving on a little from that topic. What are we going to expect up at Bakersfield for round #3. Anyone know if they plan on laying down the tar or leaving it dirt? Wet or dry track? What tires are working up there these days!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I would like to make a suggestion and I am sure some will get upset at me or flame me for this...but thats ok with me.

I am not a smoker. I have nothing against those that choose to smoke. I just dont enjoy inhaling the 2nd hand smoke, all day. People smoking below the drivers stand, and waiting in line for the racing is by far the worst part of it. As they get their fix, my eyes burn and water and my throat gets scratchy.

Can we maybe designate a smoking area or maybe just 25 or 50 feet from the gates/doors of the facility??? If anyone has better ideas, I am down for it. I just know that many share the same sentiment. I know even nitro racing has stricter rules here.

As an aside, there was no excuse for smelling weed most of the time both days either in my opinion.
I agree with this as it affects a lot of people.

Great racing weekend for sure with good weather (not scorching hot) but maybe the track would have been more consintant dry? Or would it have broken up too much?
Great pictures, even had a few of our race cars in them.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What happened to **No chassis sponsored drivers allowed in Sportsman Classes???
Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Who was sponsored in sportsman classes or are we confusing employees with being sponsored?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07

I'm with you here, and I totally agree.

From my perspective: I'm just thankful that I haven't yet developed allergies to the pollen from Colorado Desert flora, otherwise all the smoking would have resulted in an asthma attack. If this race had happened in the Mojave (ex: Palmdale), I wouldn't have been able to race at all.

Originally Posted by Casper
In this day and age I don't think it is too much to ask for a designated smoking area away from the track/pits. With sporting arena's and other large sporting events going smoke free and even entire college campus' I think this is not unreasonable or something smokers are not used to already. Not trying to take away anyones right to smoke just trying to protect my right NOT to smoke!
This sounds great to me. Official rules of some kind would really help...

A big "Thank You!" to the drivers that I noticed leaving the track/pit areas before they smoked. Super considerate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.