Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Luis Obispo Raceway???

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Mike will be at the track at noon. I will be there also, as I'm sure cbks will also.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

I shaped the quad or double double today, as well as the double by the step up. I talked to mike about doing a hi-speed jump along the back straight with a long gradual back side. One good weekend and It should be wrapped up.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I COULDNT MAKE IT SUNDAY, BUT IM READY TO GET THIS THING FINISHED UP THIS WEEK IF WE CAN
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Mike has given me the gate key and tractor key, I will most likely be out again tomorrow around noon or one. Wheel rolled the back sweeper and quad, also cut down some of the berm on the bottom side of the step up and gave it a 7% slope instead of a wall of dirt. Dumped the remaining dirt on the quad. I think im going to take out the sandy table with vaults buried in it and make that a long rythme section.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When do you expect to be up and running?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sapperc
When do you expect to be up and running?
So far is been 1 or 2 people on the weekend. The owner has given me full access to the equipment and track design. I'm tearing out some features and bad dirt, sand somone dumped on a table top. If keep up the way I'm going I would say a week. There is a lot of red brick mixed in but easily raked off the top. Besides the soil is 90% clay anything compacted in stays till we redo it.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slodustin
So far is been 1 or 2 people on the weekend. The owner has given me full access to the equipment and track design. I'm tearing out some features and bad dirt, sand somone dumped on a table top. If keep up the way I'm going I would say a week. There is a lot of red brick mixed in but easily raked off the top. Besides the soil is 90% clay anything compacted in stays till we redo it.
I drove by the lot the other day, but couldn't really see the track. Is it inside the construction yard? I saw a spot that looked like it might be the track, but nobody was there and didn't want to go driving into the yard without approval
Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellow
I drove by the lot the other day, but couldn't really see the track. Is it inside the construction yard? I saw a spot that looked like it might be the track, but nobody was there and didn't want to go driving into the yard without approval
Yes it's in the yard, we made a k-rail barrier around it. If nobody is there please don't go in. When the track is finished we will post times you can drive it. As any new track we will be working out the kinks at first.

Thanks for the show of interest!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by slodustin
Yes it's in the yard, we made a k-rail barrier around it. If nobody is there please don't go in. When the track is finished we will post times you can drive it. As any new track we will be working out the kinks at first.

Thanks for the show of interest!
Sounds good. When's the next time you guys plan on doing some work on it? If I have the time I'd love to come help out with it.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

I'm going to be there Saturday around 10am. Would appreciate any help.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

SLODUSTIN TEXT OR PM ME WHEN YOUR GOING NEXT
Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Right on. Might try and show up tomorrow then.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Final jump shaping is in the works. The option triple step on step off is packed in and is as hard as concrete with a ton of traction. The big sweeper is the same. Packed in its like going into the first turn at Daytona. You can practically hold full throttle when going around!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

All jumps are shaped and have tested good for 1/8 and 1/10. Final packing is now going on and a fresh clean clay layer for lanes is being layed down as well as a rhythm section. Hoping to be laying some pipe this weekend. No pun intended!

!!!!!also the new track name is Farmhouse RC Raceway!!!!!
A new thread will be started shortly under that name so look for it for updated info.

Last edited by slodustin; 03-18-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.