Fourth Annual BFTR hosted at the Roadroadrunners RC Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:01 AM
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Update:

The track will be cleaned and setup on Friday evening. Practice will start first thing on Saturday, and yes you can buy more sets of practice tires. Overnight camping is also still available, please contact me for your reservation. The cost is 10.00 per night.

In addition, the Malibu Marathon will be starting that Sunday morning from the North side of the parking lot, we will need to keep to the South end as much as possible. The South end is the section nearest the fields. The Marathon setup starts around 5AM and they should be off and running (no pun intended) by 8AM....but we need to give them some room for staging and parking.

Any questions?

-Steve
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KDR
Update:

The track will be cleaned and setup on Friday evening. Practice will start first thing on Saturday, and yes you can buy more sets of practice tires. Overnight camping is also still available, please contact me for your reservation. The cost is 10.00 per night.

In addition, the Malibu Marathon will be starting that Sunday morning from the North side of the parking lot, we will need to keep to the South end as much as possible. The South end is the section nearest the fields. The Marathon setup starts around 5AM and they should be off and running (no pun intended) by 8AM....but we need to give them some room for staging and parking.

Any questions?

-Steve

I have a question.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 AM
KDR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I have a question.
Yes, I will win Expert 17.5

Any other questions??
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KDR
Yes, I will win Expert 17.5

Any other questions??
LOL, LAY IT DOWN!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KDR
Any other questions??
Will you be pitting at the normal spot by the scoring tower? Can you save a spot for me?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
KDR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Will you be pitting at the normal spot by the scoring tower? Can you save a spot for me?

Yes and yes.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KDR
Update:

The track will be cleaned and setup on Friday evening. Practice will start first thing on Saturday.....
Any questions?
-Steve
Steve:
Do we get get the same silver cans that we used and taged with our name for RCGT?
and,
Still no restrictions for gearing RCGT silver can class?

Thanks,
Marcos
Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
KDR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
Steve:
Do we get get the same silver cans that we used and taged with our name for RCGT?
and,
Still no restrictions for gearing RCGT silver can class?

Thanks,
Marcos
You will still draw from the same pool of motors, last qualifier gets to pick first and so on...

Still no restrictions on gearing for GT Silver can class
Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
KDR
Tech Master

Default IMPORTANT UPDATE

I just received notice from the PVPR’s stating that due to the amount of participants from the Malibu Marathon starting their race the same day of our race, they have decided to denied us authorization to use the facility. The Marathon has over 800 racers and the staring pole is right in front of the off road track. With amount of people and buses dropping them off from the finish line, the parks feel that this would be a liability risk.

We have to re-schedule the BFTR 4.5 to another date. I am truly sorry for this and have done everything in my power to work it out, but there is no chance of it happening this weekend. Each person who signed up on line entered their email, I will get a communication out to all this evening, but some folks may have inputted there info incorrectly (Paco), so please help me spread the word to fellow racers just in case they don’t receive an email from me. I would hate for somebody to drive out to a canceled event.

Stay tuned, and again I am very sorry for this.
Feel free to PM or email me with any additional questions. [email protected]

-Steve
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KDR
I just received notice from the PVPR’s stating that due to the amount of participants from the Malibu Marathon starting their race the same day of our race, they have decided to denied us authorization to use the facility. The Marathon has over 800 racers and the staring pole is right in front of the off road track. With amount of people and buses dropping them off from the finish line, the parks feel that this would be a liability risk.

We have to re-schedule the BFTR 4.5 to another date. I am truly sorry for this and have done everything in my power to work it out, but there is no chance of it happening this weekend. Each person who signed up on line entered their email, I will get a communication out to all this evening, but some folks may have inputted there info incorrectly (Paco), so please help me spread the word to fellow racers just in case they don’t receive an email from me. I would hate for somebody to drive out to a canceled event.

Stay tuned, and again I am very sorry for this.
Feel free to PM or email me with any additional questions. [email protected]

-Steve
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Some people just don't seem to follow instructions well, ain't that right Steve....... I could also play like Jaime Kennedy in Malibu's Most Wanted and say "don't be hatin'". I'll help spread the word too! Hopefully I can get this one right.

Please forgive me. I'm on a high where I can't wait to get to my next appointment on the 19th.
F. Mendoza
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What Fred said NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
KDR
Tech Master

Default Practice On Saturday

We will have the power on at the on road track for open practice on Saturday, the track will be setup with the BFTR layout if you want to come out and get some stick time in. The cost will be only 5.00 per person just to cover our electric bill.

The track should be good to run on by 10:00AM

Enjoy,
Steve
Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KDR
We will have the power on at the on road track for open practice on Saturday, the track will be setup with the BFTR layout if you want to come out and get some stick time in. The cost will be only 5.00 per person just to cover our electric bill.

The track should be good to run on by 10:00AM

Enjoy,
Steve
ROFL, I was planning to shakedown my 12th at TQ on Sat but now you have gone and complicated my life!!!! LOL Are yall still washing the track on Friday? For the "makeup makeup" race will we still be able to run the track the day before the race?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.