Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Chris,

Just curious...we racing off-road this Wednesday?

Steve
Yup! You can even "pre-register" for Wednesday if you want using the link from my previous post.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar
Yup! You can even "pre-register" for Wednesday if you want using the link from my previous post.
Awesome....just used that link and it works great!

See you guys tomorrow

Steve
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome! I am glad it worked. We have implemented this in a effort to allow you guys to sort of organize yourselves into race days/classes so you guys can build your own "little communities" of racers.

That has been the reason for Danny starting West Coast. He loves the hobby and loves to see others enjoy it as well. If you guys can organize yourselves into race groups then everyone benefits.

See you there.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also, now that we are open we are looking for people who are interested in helping us help you all.

Basically the idea is that once a month track management and a few selected volunteers(possibly you) would meet at the track or a restaurant and we will discuss thoughts, plans, problems, ideas, etc. Basically we are looking for you guys to help be our eyes and ears in the pits for things we may miss.

Danny purposely placed his pit spot in the most accessible area in the facility so he could be in touch with most of what is going on but he, nor the staff, can know everything that is going on. That is where you come in.

The idea is that if you let us know you would like to volunteer you send me a PM or email me at [email protected] with your Full Name, email and phone number and I will add you to the list. When we are planning a meeting we may call you and invite you to attend one of our meetings, with some notice of course. We will cover the meal all we ask is that you bring some input for us to use or ideas for us to share.

We are also thinking of inviting some folks to Google Wave, a new collaboration tool that has been developed to help people in a situation like this where we want to organize people into one scenario so we can brainstorm and collaborate together "in the cloud". We provide the accounts and manage it. We will give you the username and password to Wave and collaborate with you. We would like to possibly invite two to three people from each track, Onroad and Offroad, that would be willing to contact/organize other racers into "West Coast Floods" at the track on a specific day of the week to help you guys get some awesome racing going. Same procedure for this but include "Wave" somewhere in the email or PM.

Some of these ideas came in the time that we were closed when we got a flood of people asking how they could help. Unfortunately there was not a lot you guys could do while we were closed but now that we are open we want to include as many of you guys as possible to return the favor for all of your support.

Talk to you all soon.

Last edited by ckaspar; 11-03-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Open Again

Danny,

Great news on the track opening back up, for any of you guys or gals that have not been to West Coast make sure that you get by and see what you are missing. Danny has put together a world class facility and has created a place that all levels of people can show and feel at home in the first 5 min's there, the staff is friendly and helpful.

Eric and I will see you soon, hoping to make it down there this weekend!

Stephen
Old 11-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Great attendance tonight. Lots of familiar faces and old friends.

Was it me or was there actually just as many off-road guys practicing tonight as there were on-road guys racing? Either way, nice to see a pretty packed house, kinda makes you forget that it is actually a weeknight

Steve
Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW what a great night of on road racing and offroad practice,offroad track was packed i also had to double check that it was a weekday,alot of 1/8 scales made it out and great reviews on layout from all class's,great to see,on road guys were having a blast,layout was fun to watch and race..

I heard how great west coast was all day today and i wanted to add how great are customer's,friends etc were today weather it was for practice or racing it was great,everyone walking around smiling from ear to ear including myself and it will keep getting better..

Thank you all for making it a great opening day today..
Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Bis-- What tires were you running on your truck?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

WOW !! First day was awesome, seeing so many people at West Coast with smiles on there faces was cool to see. The offroad track was packed.

I want to Thank Danny, family, and whole wcoast crew for working hard and not giving up and giving us the Best race facility ..

Definately going to come by and watch some offroad tonight should be some good racing.....

Oh yah forgot to Thank Barry Baker for announcing for us last night...He did a great Job and got us done by 10pm..
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Bis-- What tires were you running on your truck?
casper i didnt run my truck,but traction was good,started on the wet side then dry a little with some light fluff but anything from raptor's,double dee's,holeshot's,maybe like a bar code,jc carvers,edges,bar codes on front etc not sure really yet first night and all and there were many 1/8 on the track so..
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

WOW is all I can say about last night!!!

What a great welcome back for everyone.

Did I tell you guys we were working on making the place better? Did we succeed. I think so!

As has been said before there were grins everywhere. It is clear you guys are glad to have West Coast back and we are glad to see our pits filled again.

Tonight is offroad racing at 7PM. It is my understanding that we are going to have some heavy hitters in the house tonight! If we have even half of the people that were practicing offroad last night show up we are going to have a great night of racing.

Come on down and have some fun at the rejuvenated West Coast R/C Raceway.

Also, we will be adding to our website over the next few weeks, making it easier to navigate and such, so check back often.

See you all there tonight!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RCGT Workshop....

Did I tell you guys we were working on making the place better? Did we succeed. I think so!

As has been said before there were grins everywhere. It is clear you guys are glad to have West Coast back and we are glad to see our pits filled again.

Tonight is offroad racing at 7PM. It is my understanding that we are going to have some heavy hitters in the house tonight! If we have even half of the people that were practicing offroad last night show up we are going to have a great night of racing.

Also, we will be adding to our website over the next few weeks, making it easier to navigate and such, so check back often.

Chris, here's an idea you can pitch to Danny and crew...

The GT Showdown (formally the RCGT Showdown) wants to a hold a "RCGT" workshop at west coast for any off-roaders who want to transition into the RCGT class....

it'll be informal.. but organizers of the GT Showdown will show up one day...and help those out who want to try RCGT. set up, different bodies, etc. what do you think?

would any off-road guys be interested in this? or on-road guys who have yet to make the jump?

- Chris
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Chris, here's an idea you can pitch to Danny and crew...

The GT Showdown (formally the RCGT Showdown) wants to a hold a "RCGT" workshop at west coast for any off-roaders who want to transition into the RCGT class....

it'll be informal.. but organizers of the GT Showdown will show up one day...and help those out who want to try RCGT. set up, different bodies, etc. what do you think?

would any off-road guys be interested in this? or on-road guys who have yet to make the jump?

- Chris
Not a bad idea! I know I was "nervous" making the jump to Onroad after running Offroad for so long. A Primer on the terminology of Onroad, RCGT specifically, I think would be a good idea. I will talk to Danny about this tonight.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Great news!

That's great news Danny! Can't wait to run this weekend...
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
casper i didnt run my truck,but traction was good,started on the wet side then dry a little with some light fluff but anything from raptor's,double dee's,holeshot's,maybe like a bar code,jc carvers,edges,bar codes on front etc not sure really yet first night and all and there were many 1/8 on the track so..
Did you drive on the track? If so what cars did you run and what tires or did you just show up for the environment?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.