Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by notch johnson
Brian - Thanks for coming out to HOT ROD the other night!!!

West Coast is open Monday-Friday 3-8pm

We would be happy to order the cars for you- come on down!
my money is coming, estimate of tues-thur, i figure i can be there thur or friday.i need to get other items.thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

updates?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
updates?
Unfortunately for now we just hurry up and wait.

It is driving us nuts just as much as it is driving everyone nuts, believe me. We walk into the place and see empty pit spots when we know we could have a packed house.

We can't wait for our re-opening though. We will be better than ever.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar

It is driving us nuts just as much as it is driving everyone nuts, believe me. We walk into the place and see empty pit spots when we know we could have a packed house.

Hurry up !! my xray is collecting dust
Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar

Did you see the editorial in the September 2009 issue of "Xtreme RC Cars" Magazine?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan
Did you see the editorial in the September 2009 issue of "Xtreme RC Cars" Magazine?
I heard something about it but have not read it yet. Is it on their website or how can I get a copy of it? I am not currently a subscriber.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

This past Thursday we attended a planning commission hearing for the city of La Mirada to introduce ourselves to the council and allow for them to know of our grief and needs for a hearing ASAP. The entire council seemed very happy with our new parking study and our entire business plan. They will let us know soon which month we will be on but until then we have to just wait. The city seems very fair and understanding of our parking issue and will allow us to use others parking due to the fact that West Coast, like most other tracks is an off hours business. The local businesses have already submitted their paperwork to make sure we will reopen and that our business is not a burden on their business. Arco, Wendy’s, Starbucks, Carl’s Jr. Subway, and many more are losing business because we are not in operation. In the end, we’re just waiting for a hearing date to reopen and that is that. They do have many projects on the agenda for September but we’re trying to squeeze in. This is a blessing is disguise, trust me. And when we reopen we will be better than ever plus how many times do you get to have two first impressions on everyone. This is going to be fun, I can't wait.

Please read the statement below:

First off I want to thank everyone for their support in these trying times for West Coast. The posts, private messages, emails and phone calls have shown me that all this work will pay off. We’re just so happy to have our local racers behind us and all and I mean all manufactures behind us. I have had a dream of creating West Coast and trust me nothing and will stand in my way. This is not a track for me but a track for all of us. I will never forget this and I was reminded by seeing our local racers actually shed a tear when I told them what was going on outside of West Coast.

Secondly, I would also like to make a plea to anyone and everyone to please stop the drama between the So Cal tracks. The details of how we were closed or who called the city are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that we are closed. Here is the truth, we were in the process of getting our conditional use permit from the city but had not yet received it. We were under the impression from the city that since we were working on it we should be ok. Evidently that is not the case but that is fine because we submitted our necessary paperwork to the city today. We also spoke with several of the Planning Commission members and they are on board with our plan. They just need the paperwork that we have provided and we will now have to wait for a hearing. We are still hoping to be heard in September but let's plan on October so nobody gets their hopes up.

Thirdly, it appears that someone called the city on OCRC and LRH, . It is my understanding they have both had visits from the city this week as well. Let's stop the blame game and the finger pointing because it is only going to hurt the hobby and the tracks here. In my opinion it would be a tragedy if all three So Cal tracks were closed down. It would not be good for anyone.

It makes no sense to place blame on any of the tracks, their personnel or their racers for the drama of the past couple of weeks. This only causes unneeded tensions between tracks and racers. What has happened has happened. I am just asking for it to all stop as of today. At one time So Cal had no indoor tracks, now we have three. Let's enjoy what we have and stop the bickering otherwise we may revert back to what we had after So Cal closed, nothing!

It is our understanding and our expectation that you as a racer are going to attend which ever track you feel like on any given day. I know of some people who run several tracks a week. I also know of some that will go to a track for several weeks because they prefer the layout or atmosphere or whatever then for a change they race at another track. All of that is good. It provides variety, which I think keeps this hobby interesting. While it is understandable that one may have a "favorite" or home track it makes no sense for a rivalry to fester to the point that someone may feel such an intense dislike for another track that they would try to destroy it. This is not what this hobby is about. We are all in it to have fun with our little toys cars not make other people's lives miserable. While track owners may have their personal differences, please don't let that affect your attitudes towards the other tracks. It will only be bad for everyone. All three of the So Cal facilities are great. I would be proud to call any of them my home track.

I hope this clears up any questions you might have had and helps you understand what we are facing in the near months. We will get you the letters as promised and really, really appreciate all the support. I presonally get around 25 emails everyday that I wake up and try to get to as many as possible. Thanks again and I look forward to your responce and don't forget, our hobby store is open Monday-Friday from 3pm-8pm and Saturday by request. Let us know if we can order something for you and we'll get it asap.

Oh and one more thing, any track or hobby store that wants to leave fliers at West Coast with their name, phone number and a map on the flier can come by and drop them off. We want to encourage racing and would like to promote any track while we are closed down. Feel free to come by at any time during business hours.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Oh and one more thing. Let's all be happy and enjoy the day.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Danny,
LRH is my home track but I just want you to know that I hope you can re open soon so I can go and run the track, my best wishes to you can count on me to be there when you re open

The best of luck

Josh
Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DannyS
This past Thursday we attended a planning commission hearing for the city of La Mirada to introduce ourselves to the council and allow for them to know of our grief and needs for a hearing ASAP. The entire council seemed very happy with our new parking study and our entire business plan. They will let us know soon which month we will be on but until then we have to just wait. The city seems very fair and understanding of our parking issue and will allow us to use others parking due to the fact that West Coast, like most other tracks is an off hours business. The local businesses have already submitted their paperwork to make sure we will reopen and that our business is not a burden on their business. Arco, Wendy’s, Starbucks, Carl’s Jr. Subway, and many more are losing business because we are not in operation. In the end, we’re just waiting for a hearing date to reopen and that is that. They do have many projects on the agenda for September but we’re trying to squeeze in. This is a blessing is disguise, trust me. And when we reopen we will be better than ever plus how many times do you get to have two first impressions on everyone. This is going to be fun, I can't wait.

Please read the statement below:

First off I want to thank everyone for their support in these trying times for West Coast. The posts, private messages, emails and phone calls have shown me that all this work will pay off. We’re just so happy to have our local racers behind us and all and I mean all manufactures behind us. I have had a dream of creating West Coast and trust me nothing and will stand in my way. This is not a track for me but a track for all of us. I will never forget this and I was reminded by seeing our local racers actually shed a tear when I told them what was going on outside of West Coast.

Secondly, I would also like to make a plea to anyone and everyone to please stop the drama between the So Cal tracks. The details of how we were closed or who called the city are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that we are closed. Here is the truth, we were in the process of getting our conditional use permit from the city but had not yet received it. We were under the impression from the city that since we were working on it we should be ok. Evidently that is not the case but that is fine because we submitted our necessary paperwork to the city today. We also spoke with several of the Planning Commission members and they are on board with our plan. They just need the paperwork that we have provided and we will now have to wait for a hearing. We are still hoping to be heard in September but let's plan on October so nobody gets their hopes up.

Thirdly, it appears that someone called the city on OCRC and LRH, . It is my understanding they have both had visits from the city this week as well. Let's stop the blame game and the finger pointing because it is only going to hurt the hobby and the tracks here. In my opinion it would be a tragedy if all three So Cal tracks were closed down. It would not be good for anyone.

It makes no sense to place blame on any of the tracks, their personnel or their racers for the drama of the past couple of weeks. This only causes unneeded tensions between tracks and racers. What has happened has happened. I am just asking for it to all stop as of today. At one time So Cal had no indoor tracks, now we have three. Let's enjoy what we have and stop the bickering otherwise we may revert back to what we had after So Cal closed, nothing!

It is our understanding and our expectation that you as a racer are going to attend which ever track you feel like on any given day. I know of some people who run several tracks a week. I also know of some that will go to a track for several weeks because they prefer the layout or atmosphere or whatever then for a change they race at another track. All of that is good. It provides variety, which I think keeps this hobby interesting. While it is understandable that one may have a "favorite" or home track it makes no sense for a rivalry to fester to the point that someone may feel such an intense dislike for another track that they would try to destroy it. This is not what this hobby is about. We are all in it to have fun with our little toys cars not make other people's lives miserable. While track owners may have their personal differences, please don't let that affect your attitudes towards the other tracks. It will only be bad for everyone. All three of the So Cal facilities are great. I would be proud to call any of them my home track.

I hope this clears up any questions you might have had and helps you understand what we are facing in the near months. We will get you the letters as promised and really, really appreciate all the support. I presonally get around 25 emails everyday that I wake up and try to get to as many as possible. Thanks again and I look forward to your responce and don't forget, our hobby store is open Monday-Friday from 3pm-8pm and Saturday by request. Let us know if we can order something for you and we'll get it asap.

Oh and one more thing, any track or hobby store that wants to leave fliers at West Coast with their name, phone number and a map on the flier can come by and drop them off. We want to encourage racing and would like to promote any track while we are closed down. Feel free to come by at any time during business hours.

Well said danny, but to throw this out there i dont think its the "tracks" but more people just flapping their gums i cant tell you how many people said different stuff as to why as you closed down. Some of the rumors were just insane and dont ever need to be repeated again.

Best wishes danny.

kevin

Ps. Did you hit the ceiling with your sc10 danny haha !
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Good luck with everything Danny! I'm still planning on droping by the hobby shop this Thurs, hope you are there to hang out for a while.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

tupapi77, Phazewun, thanks for the kind words. You guys race at one of the best and funnest tracks in SoCal. People don't understand how fun and challenging LRH really is. I went by yesterday and ran a few laps and man do you guys know how to build a wallride. I think LRH has set the standard for wallrides and that should be a unique part of every layout you build. I know this, if we ever try and install a wall ride we will consult Lorenzo and Raul for help because that is just fun. Everyone should go down there and check out the track. I'll be there Tuesday night with a couple West Coast guys to run and set the record lap with my Hyper 9. I said it yesterday and I'll say it agian, 17.8 baby.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

tupapi77, Phazewun, thanks for the kind words. You guys race at one of the best and funnest tracks in SoCal. People don't understand how fun and challenging LRH really is. I went by yesterday and ran a few laps and man do you guys know how to build a wallride. I think LRH has set the standard for wallrides and that should be a unique part of every layout you build. I know this, if we ever try and install a wall ride we will consult Lorenzo and Raul for help because that is just fun. Everyone should go down there and check out the track. I'll be there Tuesday night with a couple West Coast guys to run and set the record lap with my Hyper 9. I said it yesterday and I'll say it agian, 17.8 baby.

Im going to try and set a record 2 !

going to attemp to put a 4th hole in the roof from that wall ride.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Danny thats great that everything is moving forward. Cant wait to run the onroad track again & to bug Joe mac too
Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just the honest truth Danny, I really hope you can be up and running soon
I will be there tuesday night as well so hopefully I will get to meet you

Kevin, you better hurry with the 4th one or I will with the sc8

Josh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.