Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OC CIRCUIT v.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

I'm curious to see what you guys come up with for this "Exhibition Class". I don't have a 1/10 on-road that I want to convert to a Rally. I only have my TC4 and that's not gonna happen with that car.

Bring them out to Corona, I'll be doing video of the races and photos now as well since I have a new camera Santa brought me. I may even bring my GoPro HD rig for on the track action.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
As I've already said, I'm just going with a TC3 at 190mm. Got a base rally setup to share? I would appreciate it.
No I don't have any setups yet. I just rasied the chassis for ground clearence. Probably only got it 1/4"-5/16" or so off the ground. Don't know how big the jumps are. I hope Charlie isn't planning on using those black plastic jumps he uses for the gearbox class....
Old 01-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deves
No I don't have any setups yet. I just rasied the chassis for ground clearence. Probably only got it 1/4"-5/16" or so off the ground. Don't know how big the jumps are. I hope Charlie isn't planning on using those black plastic jumps he uses for the gearbox class....
The only jumps Charlie has are those black one.

Maybe he'll make some out of wood. If I remember correctly when HPI had the HPI Challenge races they would make jumps with a wood board held up by a section of 4"x4". Four inch tall jumps seems most reasonable for these things. For the bumps he'll probably pepper sections of the track with those orange plastic dots.

If he does use those big jumps still not too much of a problem. Just need more ride height. However, I'm not at all good with offroad setup so I wouldn't know how to build the suspension for the task. Soft spring, heavy oil? Firm spring, light oil?

Anyways, can't gear these to the moon like in 17.5 TC. They're definitely gonna be much slower especially through the turns with all that extra ride height.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

charlie when is the next race at corona hobbytown??
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Calraceway Jan 5th Thursday Practice

Calraceway Jan 5th Thursday

Whos all coming out CAL to practice tomorrow? Better get your cars dialed for King of Cal
Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TopherCabrales
Calraceway Jan 5th Thursday

Whos all coming out CAL to practice tomorrow? Better get your cars dialed for King of Cal
Can't come out. Aside from work, its my son's 16th birthday. Yeah, I'm that old.

BTW, Mario, if you're reading this, its the little boy you found who was lost at a Cal RC race way back then. He's not little anymore. Don't you feel old? And yet we're still playing with little cars. Aren't we all hopelessly addicted to this hobby?

My son was also with me as a toddler at the CAL Raceway track when it belonged to Ultimate with Charlie announcing back then. Thats when I first met Charlie. I had a brand new YR4M Team and we were runniing super narrows.(anyone remember those?)

Goes to show how long CAL Raceway as been around and it will still be around so long as us RC addicts are still at it.

Is the CAL race this Saturday or next? Maybe I'll come out to Cal this month, its a bit closer than going to Corona for me.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Roger..you are making all of us feel old! Mario's son, Jordan is now 23!!! So crazy! He was only 9 when he was racing at Massies Hobbies....

Track will open today at 5pm. Get ur Practice on peeps! A few have messaged that they will be coming out so lets get a good session in!

As far as racing this Sat, NO RACING at CAL until Next Saturday! THen on Sunday, Hobbytown Corona! Back 2 Back Racing peeps!! Wooot!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Default TC3 rally ready but not ready ready to race.

My TC3 rally is all put together but its still not quite ready to race.

Wired it up yesterday with my SPX Stock Spec and an LRP X12 17.5(yes Chris, I finally got a cheater motor). Wow! Never ran a TC3 with brushless and lipo. I am amazed. Despite the FDR of 4.48 due to TC3's IDR of 2.5, it still looked very fast. Maybe it has something to do with the X12.

Anyways its not quite ready because, I don't have my zero boost speedo yet.(vendor in China fell asleep and forgot to ship it.) and my body just shipped out of HK on Sat. so I doubt it will arrive in time for me to setup for this coming Sat.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

While you guys are playing with your "little" rally cars, I made me a big one.

It's actually my GT8 Lite (Slash 4X4) with a different lid and I added the RPM rear and front bumper. It's set for on-road but with some shock adjustments, raising the ride height and slapping on some off-road tires, she can be ready for some off-road action.

Notice the Go Pro HD inside ready to catch some of the on-road action on Sunday. I still need to cut an opening in the windshield for a clearer picture.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

that looks awesome good job man
Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks good! I can't wait to see it this Sunday! Maybe we can do a chase and record my GT8! I think it would make for a sweet video!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very cool Steve! GT8 Rally looks like a SUPER fun class...lets get some out there this Sun at HobbyTown Corona!!!

3 days of Racing this week!!!
Cal Raceway's Thursday Nights Under The Lights kicking in again! Only $10 to race!!! Track opens at 5pm, Racing starts at 6:30pm.
*Limited tables and chairs so come early or bring your own.

King Of Cal Series Race #2 on Saturday! For those who missed the 1st race at the 14th Annual Toys 4 Tots Race, here is your chance to make up some points!!! Remember, one throw out for the 5 race series!!! Bring your RALLY CARS! Track opens at 9am, Racing starts at 11am.
Cal Raceway is Located at 2190 N. Canal Rd. Orange, Ca.
www.calraceway.com
*Limited Tables and Chairs

Hobby Town Corona on Sunday! We took a month off of Hobby Town Corona, now we are ready to run again!!!! Bring out your GT8's, Gearbox, GT10's and GT12's, NITRO Sedans, as well as F1's. We run them all at OC Circuit!!!
Hobbytown Corona is located at 251 Magnolia Ave. Corona, Ca.
http://socal.rcracing.com

If you haven't been to Socal's longest running Electric Parking lot Series Events yet, come on out!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Hobby Town Corona this Sunday Jan 15th First race of the year at Hobby Town Corona....come on out =)
Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

We are racing today SUNDAY JAN 15th at Hobby Town Corona...see ya there!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

How was the rally turn out for Corona? Any pics?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.