Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

OCRC Raceway

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually 13Maschine I'm not sure how you establish your criteria for gouging. A simple phone call to OC_RC (714-892-6699) and I find out a SchuurSpeed 17.5 is $90. Five minutes of wasted time trying to negotiate Amains new web site and I find out that it is EXACTLY the same price as on the SchuurSpeed website $94.99, plus AT LEAST $4.19 in shipping, So that seems more like full MSRP plus shipping. I'm sure that Amain does infact dispatch a "Tech" to help you solder it in as well right?

My advice to you would be to call the folks at Amain and see if you cant work out some sort of deal were you could "Franchise" there operation down here and So Cal, seems like you two have a winning formula!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I love how people will try to save $5 bucks on an item rather than just buy from the local track they race at and support them. Same idiots that will cry when the track closes down due to lack of revenue.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i know we are talking about ocrc here but i happen to buy alot of my stuff from Nitrohouse. its local and has great prices on items. Ocrc also has great prices and perfer to buy local as long as they have the item i need in stock or can get it within a few days
Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For the fast 17.5 buggy guys what gearing are you running on the current layout?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby363
I love how people will try to save $5 bucks on an item rather than just buy from the local track they race at and support them. Same idiots that will cry when the track closes down due to lack of revenue.
Idiots huh? Really? That’s the maturity level you're bringing to the discussion? Well its always easy to lower oneself to that level then to rise above that and have a discussion you douche.

That local track is over and hour and half drive me …farrrr from local…so what do you expect some people to do? Not have the parts they need for the day…wait to get there and hope the parts are on the shelf? Then just so I can work on my car at the track VS driving my cars? That sounds so good… drive for 1.5 hours get there and oh no you don’t have a 22 2.0 front arm ohhh ok I will just get back in my car and drive another 1.5 hours back home. It's not ALWAYS just about the cost, but the time and energy it takes to participate in this hobby.

Your comment is by and far the dumbest thing I will hear all of this week and look ….it's only Tuesday.

Last edited by MasiisaM; 08-12-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Hi Frank, it was nice to meet you last time I was at OCRC. You spent quite some time helping a local racer. Nice work. I was pitted across from him. I think you were there to shoot videos for the new SCT.

OCRC is my favorite local track. I drive up to 2 hours to practice here coming from Burbank. I'm also a paid up member if that means anything.

Unfortunately OCRC does not carry parts for my Durangos. So if I break and don't have a spare I go home anyway. I have owned Losi/TLR and Associated. Both great cars and companies.

Second, OCRC charges for practice and racing. I understand the hobby shop sells product to help keep the doors open but the margins on products are high enough to allow for competitive pricing. Its' my opinion that they should be able to make more if they were competitive with pricing. Volume always wins over margin. Having worked in several hobby shops over the years I know what typical margins are like and I've built a career doing business development in the pro audio and video world. I apologize but I just don't agree with your statements or ideas in regards to the pricing. Charging full MSRP is gouging.
I managed a hobby shop for almost 3 years, I am very familiar with the pricing. The hobby industry isn't like most, and not all prices have MSRP and Map/Street pricing built in - often, they are the same. I know OCRC doesn't charge MSRP for kits, servos, radios, motors and other higher priced items that normally don't sell at Retail, they sell at MAP or normal street price. Lower priced items like parts, accessories, tires, foams, wheels, and bodies are sold at retail price in a lot of hobby shops, especially those who are trying to support an attached indoor track and all of that square footage.

We all need to remember that A-Main Hobbies prices are not true "street prices". Their entire model is to be in middle of a small town, with no overhead and create revenue through the volume of undercutting the pricing of an brick and mortar local hobby shop. Don't get me wrong, they've done well with it, but support them and not your local track when possible could lead us not having a local track to enjoy. Just ask those who frequented West Coast, or Redlands R/C, or M&M, SoCal, etc...
Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Idiots huh? Really? That’s the maturity level you're bringing to the discussion? Well its always easy to lower oneself to that level then to rise above that and have a discussion you douche.

That local track is over and hour and half drive me …farrrr from local…so what do you expect some people to do? Not have the parts they need for the day…wait to get there and hope the parts are on the shelf? Then just so I can work on my car at the track VS driving my cars? That sounds so good… drive for 1.5 hours get there and oh no you don’t have a 22 2.0 front arm ohhh ok I will just get back in my car and drive another 1.5 hours back home. It's not ALWAYS just about the cost, but the time and energy it takes to participate in this hobby.

Your comment is by and far the dumbest thing I will hear all of this week and look ….it's only Tuesday.
Idiots and Douche's. Really? You seem to fit both descriptions. This conversation was never about what kits OC_RC supports, it was ALWAYS about the prices they charge. If you CHOOSE to frequent a facility that doesn't support you car then thats on you. OC_RC supports the kits that are most popular there. If you feel you are being wronged because they don't support your ride, join forces with the other knucklehead and Amain and put them out of business. Or did you already do that to your "local" track?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Come now let's stop insulting each other there's no need for that. PM each other the insults if you want to keep going at each other and not in the OC/RC thread.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Oh geez, dead horse.

On an important matter, my p3nis is 4 inches... from the ground.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Oh geez, dead horse.

On an important matter, my p3nis is 4 inches... from the ground.
you're retarded!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

sorry I created a mess here. Sooo not my intent.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Moving on now!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

is the track still giving out race bucks, what is the pay out?
Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Super fun day at the track! It was cool watching all the ae guys running. Didn't plan on marshaling for em during the main tho lol little nerve racking for a rookie. Still have a lot to learn the first one is not crashing! Big thanks to Nick, RB Jake, and Dane for all the help and hospitality. You guys are the best

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.