Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!! >

Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!!

Like Tree10Likes

Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!!

"Sick and tired of the same ole race routine? Frustrated with spending hours at the track wondering where the fun went? Are you tired of going for the single-single-single line with your gas truck because the tracks are designed around their 1/8th scale cousins?"

If you answered yes to any of the above questions you will benefit greatly from reading on. If you didn't answer yes to at least one of them you must be lying to yourself because the rhetoric used pretty much guaranteed that you'd.....ok you get the point.

It is my pleasure to announce the return of 10th scale electric and nitro racing to Southern California.

Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair will now be holding club racing every Saturday with the Grand Opening being March 31st. There will be a flyer on the Pegasus Hobbies website sometime this week giving you all of the info you could ever want (ie. times, location, classes..) I'll be running the races in conjunction with Slingshot Batteries and I am dedicated to awesomeness (and making up words) and all out rc fun.

We will be putting a new layout in during the week after the Cactus Classic (March 18-24th). The grand opening race will be held the next Saturday March 31st (as mentioned above) with practice scheduled on Friday. I'm sure practice will be open earlier in the week as well but I don't want to throw dates and times around until I know the concrete schedule.

I'll also be working hard to get tire information out to everyone as soon as possible. The dirt there is extremely good and we will be working day in and day out to be sure it is in prime condition for racing. When it is run dry it grooves up like hot rods and supports a red bk bar/ taper pin/ panther switch style setup. We will probably water it though to keep tire wear down which should result in more of an m3 holeshot setup with a ribbed front tire. Like I said I'll get more specific once we have the track built and I see exactly how the dirt reacts.

If you have any questions or comments regarding the race program please don't hesitate to ask. Our goal is to provide a positive and fun atmosphere with excellent competition and solid race directing. We'll also be trying to incorporate some "outside industry" stlye buzz and hope to create a spectacle that reminds us all that rc is totally radical and worth every last second we spend trying to hone our skills. I hope to see you all there.

The Fez Monstrosity
Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm glad to hear that there will be some organized electric racing there!!! Lately, its just been a 1/8 scale bash fest. They have an awesome shop to support any r/c hobby, but have been lacking in track support. Again this is awesome news, but even more so for the inland 1/10 electric Cali guys!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

GREAT JOB JF
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This is great for every 1/10th driver in CA!

Is it March 31st yet?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thats great. Maybe I will also start running Pegasus.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

I'll talk to my dad about making this race, we had alot of fun at the JBRL Pegasus race. They have a bigger track than socal, right? Might get to stretch the 19t's legs a little.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hey there Jeremy ! Get it posted

on our thread!!!!!!

Judi
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Feel free to ask any and all questions and either Jeremy or myself (Keith) will do our best to answer them for you. We hope to bring back the electric scene and feel that we have a great place to do so. Do yourself a favor and come join the fun.......
Old 03-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Cant wait. Im sure frank and i will attend as much as we can!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Count me in Jeremy!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Sweet! I will have to see if I can make it up there to race.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

When we went in business, 10 yrs. ago, Pegasus was the

2nd store to carry our products, and they still do!

We are SO HAPPY to see racing return to our area.

Pegasus is 15 minutes from us!!!!!!!

Maybe I can even get Jason to return to racing!

We'll have give-aways for the first night of racing!

Judi
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yes this is very good news!!! It will be nice to have a track closer to home and one that carries the motors and batts I want to buy.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

This is awesome Jeremy, I wish you the best of luck. A race program run by a true racer will no doubt do very well!

And the best part? You said "gas truck".
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Hey just wanted to say thank you for all of the support everyone. I really think this will be a good thing for 1/10th scale (electric and gas). I think our schedule will work well with the other tracks in the area and hopefully we will build support for these classes throughout the entire southern Cali Communtity. Best of all offroad racers will now have something to do on Saturdays when SoCal is racing onroad...and you can potentially have a three day race weekend if you so desire. (SoCal races offroad Friday and Sunday). I'm not exactly sure when they race down in San Diego but you can be sure that Keith and I will be supporting that track as well once we get on our feet. Pegasus Hobbies has been a great help in this venture and we will be doing everything in our power to give you the best experience possible.

Viva la R/C and long live 1/10th scale offroad!!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.