Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!! >

Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Electric Offroad at Pegasus Hobbies!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp
Racing tonight! New layout is in and ready to go
What up Russ! Maybe next week, both trucks are down!!!This is my off season,,
Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Smile pegasus Racing track update

Had a great weekend of racing at pegasus raceway. Friday was opening day for the new layout. Racing was awesome, as is the feedback about the new track. Had a great size crowd, and racing was great. Jaime valero came out of 1/10th scale retirement and won the pro 2 class. Josh hurst had his B4.1 FT and B44 ripping around a very technical track. In all, racing and the track together were awesome. I got a chance to drive my new 22T and ended up wining my main.

Saturday was fun as well. A little smaller croud, but racing was intense. I brought out old froggy ( my 22t ) and had a blast dicing with itto and jon enslow. Derek Lamb and new comer dylan cerven gave chase, but Josh Hurst is dialed right now. Lance Campbell looked like the Lance of old, showing off his new sponsorship, Radiopost, and blew away the class in all 3 qualifiers and main.
Rudy Rico took top honors with the 4wd class.

Had a good time this weekend, look forwards to this upcoming weekend.

Late,
Scott Bristol

22T, 22B, XXX-SCT, SCTE
Team Trinity
Pegasus Raceway director of operations
Old 01-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Scott you need to fix your signature
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default Practice....

Ive been at pegasus practicing, not racing, and I have a few concerns..
The track is Over-crowded, Filled with kids with slashes, monster trucks, etc.. idiots with big 8th scale nitros. Makes it not enjoyable at all. Like a big bash session, and to top it off, you have to get a "stick" (pvc pipe with a number on it lol) to drive your RC? Kinda lame. Hope you guys at pegasus can come up with better practice sessions. Till then I'll stick with Rev.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
The track is Over-crowded, Filled with kids with slashes, monster trucks, etc.. idiots with big 8th scale nitros. Makes it not enjoyable at all. Like a big bash session, and to top it off, you have to get a "stick" (pvc pipe with a number on it lol) to drive your RC? Kinda lame. Hope you guys at pegasus can come up with better practice sessions. Till then I'll stick with Rev.
What days have you been at Pegasus to practice? If it was last Monday that you were there that day was more crowded than ususal because of the holiday, the pvc stick you are talking about is a frequency stick so that people know that you're using that channel, normally when you drive on the track you get a wristband so that the employees know that you've paid. If you see kids or have concerns about things going on on the track go find James, he's the track guy that should be out in the back, let him know and he'll take care of the problem. There have been several times lately that he ended up going to a controlled practice just to calm things down on the track.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

I'm guessing you were there on Monday, tuesdays and thursdays are slower you don't get as many kids there either
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by russp
I'm guessing you were there on Monday, tuesdays and thursdays are slower you don't get as many kids there either
So how long did you stay out there last night?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

They pay their money just like you. Without the bashers and kids, these tracks wouldn't last long. There are plenty of times that the track is less crowded. You are complaining about using a stick??
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

God forbid a hobby store lets people with $7.00 dollars come out and play on a track connected to a shop where they prolly bought their car.People gotta start somewhere,When the locals are there and on race nights things get enforced and people are there to learn and it does happen.The track has a full maintenance team now dedicated to the Race Program.The races are very low key user friendly events with some of the fastest guys in so cal on occasional nights.In PRO-4 if all the right talent shows they run 1 second off the pro times and in traffic!If you feel your skillz lay above the Slashes and monster truck Kids then come out some Fri or now Sat night and throw down your SCTE with what will prolly be up ten Losi`s on the grid! They call me Riverdale I run or am at that track every week end and will be back on grid in either my back up truck LCG slash or my Scte that is getting new goodies thrown on it,in one to two weeks! Step up, meet the folks and come get your Grin wiped away in Pro-4!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar
God forbid a hobby store lets people with $7.00 dollars come out and play on a track connected to a shop where they prolly bought their car.People gotta start somewhere,When the locals are there and on race nights things get enforced and people are there to learn and it does happen.The track has a full maintenance team now dedicated to the Race Program.The races are very low key user friendly events with some of the fastest guys in so cal on occasional nights.In PRO-4 if all the right talent shows they run 1 second off the pro times and in traffic!If you feel your skillz lay above the Slashes and monster truck Kids then come out some Fri or now Sat night and throw down your SCTE with what will prolly be up ten Losi`s on the grid! They call me Riverdale I run or am at that track every week end and will be back on grid in either my back up truck LCG slash or my Scte that is getting new goodies thrown on it,in one to two weeks! Step up, meet the folks and come get your Grin wiped away in Pro-4!!!
What up cupcake? Quit hiding . Lastnight we he had over 60 entrys. Unfortunately we had a fill in running the show who doesn't have enough time with the timing system. But he still did good for never doing it before. And computer problems plagued us all night.
The track is super dialed, and very smooth. Scotty will be back tonight, if the tracks not flooded that is.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

If your on 2.4 ghz system you shouldn't worry about (Which i am guessing your not?) about frequency sticks, if you went on a random day, yes you will get closer to a "basher" crowd, go during an actual race day, with controlled practice and better field of drivers. Although this track hasn't been as busy as its earlier years, thanks to Scott and his crew, the track is THE NICEST it has ever been, its still good enough to be on the JBRL circut, plus its often I see fast drivers that still come out,race, and test product (FRANK ROOT from tlr for example). But if you really have such a problem with it, rather than trying to talk with the shop or the track worker, go and play over at rev, because they have plenty of 8th scale to run you over just as well... cheers..
Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Any track that is well kept will be crowded that's what keeps tracks around.... Crowds of people keep the hobby thriving. Look at west coast rc on a Thursday night they have 35 guys driving at the same time. The only solution is controlled practice. But that itself can be no fun so take it for what it's worth and sharpen your driving skills with learning to drive with the crowds pal!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default Kids and toys

Pegasus was the first track I ever ran at when I started with the hobby. It's grown so much in the past year, hence why I decided to start racing a couple Friday nights ago. It's also a perfect place for newbies and kids to start driving there Rc cars no matter what car they have. I do agree with blade that without them, the track and hobby won't last very long. So let everyone who pays have there fun and let it be. People has to start somewhere or somehow. Tracks were made so that people that bash up and down the street have a place to go and explore the other spectrum of Rc cars, which is driving or racing on an actual track like Pegasus. Lol on the sticks...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Smile See ya soon rochunt

Pegasus is first and foremost a awesome racing facility that doesn't scare the newdriver and kids away when they come out to play. If you were to attend any other track, practices are regulated. We, here at pegasus, have tried to get rid of the "Pegasucks" nickname, and have brought you a world class outdoor rc facility again.

James and myself have tried to regulate practice, both by visible monitoring and time periods. People don't listen, and add cars to the track at will. Overcrowding the track and causing damage to other cars and the track. The sticks are set up to control the volume of drivers at one time. We allow 10 at a time, like any other track, we just use sticks. If that is lame, sorry for you.

Buy the way, if you are complaining about nitro eighth scales, rev would not be the place for you. Good luck, and see you at rev soon.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scottydog471
Pegasus is first and foremost a awesome racing facility that doesn't scare the newdriver and kids away when they come out to play. If you were to attend any other track, practices are regulated. We, here at pegasus, have tried to get rid of the "Pegasucks" nickname, and have brought you a world class outdoor rc facility again.

James and myself have tried to regulate practice, both by visible monitoring and time periods. People don't listen, and add cars to the track at will. Overcrowding the track and causing damage to other cars and the track. The sticks are set up to control the volume of drivers at one time. We allow 10 at a time, like any other track, we just use sticks. If that is lame, sorry for you.

Buy the way, if you are complaining about nitro eighth scales, rev would not be the place for you. Good luck, and see you at rev soon.
tell em scott

and Feint, honestly dude, i've been to rev, west coast, ocrc, hemet, saugus, camarillo, and more, but i always come back to pegasus, because I have more fun there than ANY other track, and 99% of the newbs-seasoned racers that attend small club races there, will agree with that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.