Search

Do not buy from clinttredway

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Do not buy from clinttredway

Gents,

Just a warning not to buy from a bloke called "clinttredway". Bought a TC7 off him in May. In addition to the rolling chassis, savox servo and various parts/springs, it was supposed to come with two shells and a spare carbon fibre chassis. After it arrived at my house a few weeks later (I live in Australia), the carbon fibre chassis and two shells were missing. I promptly followed this up only for him to tell me that one of the shells was unusable but he would send the chassis and second shell via mail with tracking number shortly. Several follow up messages throughout last month and still nothing. He was giving me excuses about his personal situation and after another two follow up messages in the past two weeks he still hasn't replied. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. I am going to try and get a partial refund from Paypal.

Mick
Old 07-05-2016, 08:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

your doing everything right, paypal is usually pretty good as long as you didnt pay as friends and family..
Old 07-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What day did you send him PP? The reason I ask, is he edited the add on "Last edited by clinttredway; 05-11-2016 at 03:19 PM." And I wonder if he removed the mention of the extra chassis after he sold it to you.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...iated-tc7.html
Old 07-08-2016, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

that date is after he made the deal so I would say he did. if the accused doesnt chime in with his side of the story then hes guilty right?
Old 07-09-2016, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Gents,

He didn't modify the ad after he sold it, everything advertised is what I thought I was buying. I purchased the TC7 in late May. The car was supposed to come with both the aluminum chassis and kit standard carbon fibre chassis. It only arrived with the aluminum chassis. The carbon fibre chassis is the one I'm waiting on, plus the new shell.

Mike
Old 07-09-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Cool thanks, I was just curious. Certainly go for a partial with a PP claim. Good luck and let us know what PP says.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big james
that date is after he made the deal so I would say he did. if the accused doesnt chime in with his side of the story then hes guilty right?
It's hard to chime in if you don't know this thread is here, right?
Old 07-09-2016, 12:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

figured someone would of told him by now
Old 07-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
It's hard to chime in if you don't know this thread is here, right?
Hard to say anything when you've been dishonest & not sent everything you had advertised. This has already happened, any chime will only be full of excuses. I've just had a new member offer me something at a rediculously low price & I've noticed they're doing the same with a new iPhone they claim to have. Yet they've only posted it on someone else's thread & not made one themself for it. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is - shame as I'd really like what's being offered.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Just an update gents, not long after I made that first post he sent me a photo claiming it was the receipt from the missing parts he sent. I'll believe it when it arrives at my door. And he's fully aware I made a thread on this forum because I told him, as well as a negative trader rating. I've got nothing to hide, just want people to be accountable for what they sell. Appreciate all the support so far.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by mick8488
Just an update gents, not long after I made that first post he sent me a photo claiming it was the receipt from the missing parts he sent. I'll believe it when it arrives at my door. And he's fully aware I made a thread on this forum because I told him, as well as a negative trader rating. I've got nothing to hide, just want people to be accountable for what they sell. Appreciate all the support so far.
+1
Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mick8488
Let's hope you get your stuff as promised on original thread. Now did he offer a reason for it being left out ? Just curious as to why it was not included in package. Good luck
Old 07-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter george
Let's hope you get your stuff as promised on original thread. Now did he offer a reason for it being left out ? Just curious as to why it was not included in package. Good luck
Not really. He apologised and said he would send it and send me the tracking number. After hearing nothing I followed up and he gave a personal reason then I heard nothing again and sent more follow up messages until I finally took him to task.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Last update gents,

The shells and chassis finally showed up this week, which was surprising. He was supposed to send a new clear body but instead sent two used ones and the chassis, but I'm just happy to get what he originally promised. Regardless, this whole experience was incredibly frustrating and the way I was treated was disgusting. There's a myriad of lessons I learnt from this and I appreciate everyone's support on this thread. Always trade openly and honestly.

Mick
Old 07-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Thank god all is good for u. We have all had similar issues with members on here but some are lucky and get redemption . Best of luck