Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is up with all the lowballers???? >

What is up with all the lowballers????

What is up with all the lowballers????

Old 06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
kcooper273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mason, Michigan
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default What is up with all the lowballers????

It seems lately when I troll the classifieds that almost every thread has a lowball offer??? I mean granted I want some of the stuff too, but I'm not going to make a stupid low offer that I know won't be accepted. Do these guys actually think they'll take $200 for an RTR 1/8th scale buggy!!!???? C'mon man.

/rant
kcooper273 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

agree 100%
Corsojr is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
 
snipersnightmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: house springs
Posts: 208
Default

Lowalled offers is kinda loaded statement. U might give 10000 for a racer. But it's only worth what someone is willing to pay what u think is fair they might not.. but I've also seen people trying to make a killer amount off *carp* what makes them different from the lowball offers? I just seen a brushless erevo ran about a hour if? With the New tqi radio go for 275. I think it was low but they thought it was a fair price.
snipersnightmar is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (261)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kcooper273 View Post
It seems lately when I troll the classifieds that almost every thread has a lowball offer??? I mean granted I want some of the stuff too, but I'm not going to make a stupid low offer that I know won't be accepted. Do these guys actually think they'll take $200 for an RTR 1/8th scale buggy!!!???? C'mon man.

/rant
Must be the poor economy!!!
Andy Koback is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:51 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
samlax77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,390
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I'm not taking sides, but there are for sure a bunch of guys on here that should not be allowed to access the FS/FT forums. They make the threads look like crap when they put up what they think it's worth, and their PMs just flood your inbox after you don't respond to their 1/4 price offer.....

That blew off some steam
samlax77 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
Tran901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, Tn
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

This isn't a hobby for a poor economy!!! I deal with it all the time. And they get mad if u don't accept or respond to a stupid offer
Tran901 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (73)
 
Metalsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,060
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tran901 View Post
This isn't a hobby for a poor economy!!! I deal with it all the time. And they get mad if u don't accept or respond to a stupid offer

What a awesome attitude,

ONLY RICH FOLKS HAVE RC CARS....
Metalsoft is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
Tran901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, Tn
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Who said only rich folks only have rc cars? All I was saying is that if you are in a bad spot bc of the economy maybe buying rc car stuff isn't for you.......
Tran901 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
samlax77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,390
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
What a awesome attitude,

ONLY RICH FOLKS HAVE RC CARS....
That's definitley not what he meant.....I am pretty sure that he just means that if you're not looking to spend a lot of money on this hobby, then it really isn't for you. It's expensive, we all know it, and that won't change.
samlax77 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (80)
 
chazekxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ks
Posts: 4,409
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kcooper273 View Post
It seems lately when I troll the classifieds that almost every thread has a lowball offer??? I mean granted I want some of the stuff too, but I'm not going to make a stupid low offer that I know won't be accepted. Do these guys actually think they'll take $200 for an RTR 1/8th scale buggy!!!???? C'mon man.

/rant
same here. i also see a lot of guys wanting a arm and a leg for stuff
where do they come up with there prices
chazekxt is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,742
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

Fact is the global economy is weak, people are wanting more for their money and a lot more people are in financial difficulty and selling off rc gear to get by week to week. Perfect scenario for predatory shoppers and some of the offers you get can be down right insulting, but if fewer people are buying, and you need the funds urgently, they no if you don't bite, someone else will.

Noone said anything about rc was fair.
nexxus is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
  #12  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (248)
 
2canSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: RIP Frosty, Best Dog Ever
Posts: 2,698
Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)
Default

Value is relative man, but it is real also. If I can buy it for 150.00 and you are asking 200.00 I will make the "lowball' offer of 150.00. I like to keep my cash in the forums, because I have gotten some awesome deals here, but I ain't gonna pay new prices for used goods. On that note it amazes me how people are trying to sell for a buck or 2 less than what you can buy something new for, or sometimes even higher and then when you let them know they get all huffy. My prices are always best offer and if I am way off base I hope someone lets me know, just do it with tact. I have seen both ends of the spektrum and it can get crazy, there are probably 20 threads on here where folks are selling used goods that are at the same price or higher than new.
2canSAM is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Dadic 78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 733
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
Value is relative man, but it is real also. If I can buy it for 150.00 and you are asking 200.00 I will make the "lowball' offer of 150.00. I like to keep my cash in the forums, because I have gotten some awesome deals here, but I ain't gonna pay new prices for used goods. On that note it amazes me how people are trying to sell for a buck or 2 less than what you can buy something new for, or sometimes even higher and then when you let them know they get all huffy. My prices are always best offer and if I am way off base I hope someone lets me know, just do it with tact. I have seen both ends of the spektrum and it can get crazy, there are probably 20 threads on here where folks are selling used goods that are at the same price or higher than new.
I couldn't agree with you more!
Dadic 78 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
Tran901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, Tn
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
What a awesome attitude,

ONLY RICH FOLKS HAVE RC CARS....
i don't think i am rich by any means...i work 6 days a week to pay for my hobby. thats why i can go out of control to buy all the cars in my sig...i may not have time to run them all, but i like the fact that i can enjoy them at the local track at my leisure. i have also donated cars and cash to people with causes on here and to local racers that have broken something that don't have the funds to replace what broke or don't have the ability to do so........


so i don't know what you meant by that comment...i do have an awesome attitude
Tran901 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 11:53 PM
  #15  
Moderator
iTrader: (132)
 
badaml's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mountain Home,TX
Posts: 2,686
Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default

I had a guy offer me a slash for my Baja 5b that was RTR and upgraded lol. In fairness, he did say the slash was brushless with RPM arms lmao
badaml is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.