Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is up with all the lowballers???? >

What is up with all the lowballers????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is up with all the lowballers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
I had a guy offer me a slash for my Baja 5b that was RTR and upgraded lol. In fairness, he did say the slash was brushless with RPM arms lmao
but did it have the Kumhos instead on the BFGs? that would been a deal breaker!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

This is the nature of selling used stuff. You open yourself up to all forms of shoppers. You're going to have some people think your price is fair, you're going to have some people think your price is way off. You're going to have some people who throw out a number simply because they're hoping you take their lowball offer.

If you don't like low offers, don't sell used goods. Its part of the deal.

I've made some low offers simply because I wasn't sure if I had a use for the item, but if it was cheap enough, it would be worth it to try it. Now I always have put in my subject "low offer, if you don't respond, I understand". Because I'm not looking to waste someone's time.

The only lowballer that is annoying, to me, is the one who gets mad that you didn't take their obviously low offer.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Yeah unfortunately Scott is right, I do find it annoying even though its part of the game. The lowballers that get mad are even more annoying...lol

I price my stuff pretty fairly, and do my research on what things seem to sell for, and I still get lowballed.

Example, i was offered $25 shipped on a castle 1410 motor i have for sale, when its listed for $55 shipped....lol

Then on the other side, you have the guys selling that think their used parts are worth 90%-125% of new cost....

The Crawler/scaler market seems to be like that now. I've seen a bunch of guys with Axial xr10's ($140 kit new) that make it RTR with $400-500 worth of parts. Beat on it, and get it scratched up, and then think its worth $650 used...
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I only get annoyed with the people who get angry that you don't sell it at the low price, or the guys that want to get 95% of the new cost just because its "like new." It's not new, my friend. It's used. You won't get 100% value for a new car once you drive it off the lot, the same thing applies with anything else. RC gear, lawn & garden equipment, whatever.

I have no problem if you want to make me a low offer. I will respect the offer and consider it. Please be respectful of me if I decline the offer. The Golden Rule and all that...

Selling used stuff is always a "willing buyer, willing seller" market. If you're not willing to sell it for that price, then don't. People will never get a great deal on stuff if they don't ask.

For every person that gets annoyed at being offered $100 for a $250 item, there are 1-2 guys getting out of the hobby who are grateful to sell their items quickly and move on. Its as much a part of the hobby as anything else.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

A lot of it is also how you make an offer. For example if someone says "I'll give ya $20 shipped for it" either by PM or in the thread it can be a bit short, and a bit rude. Saying "I'm interested in....... would you consider $20 shipped for it?" It's basically asking the same thing but it's less confronting and less arrogant, and I'm more likely to react positively to something like that than a rude comment almost demanding a cheaper price.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by nexxus
A lot of it is also how you make an offer. For example if someone says "I'll give ya $20 shipped for it" either by PM or in the thread it can be a bit short, and a bit rude. Saying "I'm interested in....... would you consider $20 shipped for it?" It's basically asking the same thing but it's less confronting and less arrogant, and I'm more likely to react positively to something like that than a rude comment almost demanding a cheaper price.
i get that all the time . when it says 30 shipped firm they pm u ask if u will take 20 lol.it gets old
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

What about when things say asking price or best offer? When I put that in an ad, it means price is not firm. I have made offers of items that were $200, offered $190 and they say no thanks. WTH? Lol, then put price is firm on the item.

I have taken low offers just to get rid of stuff on occasion. Sold 2 TRX 3.3 motors that were just through break in, a bump box and enough parts to build 2 revos. Sold it all for $100.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Smile There re alo of Lowballer's here for sure!!

guy's,,I understand everbody wants a deal,,but everybody for the most part know's what they have in their RC's and upgrade's ect and how much run time they have on them and condition of their RC;s and so on,,As seller's we have to factor in there is going to be paypal fee's,shipping cost ect,,but seems like buyer's dont seem to rember those things ad up,,if you don't use a RC often ect nd you really have no use for it in your colletion anymore,i can understand being a little over generous on the price,,and passing on a great deal to other;s,,

but some of these guys post ad's and are too lazy to even clean them up before posting them for crazy prices,,I dont bother if someone post up a dirty,muddy beat to death rc because if they are too lazy to clean it,,,they were surely to lazy to maintenance it or take care of it,,

I run my ad's about a week,,if I am just getting lowballed to the point of it isn't worth wasting my time to deal with posting a detailed ad awith plenty of pics and details,,I just go ahead and end my ad's,,and wait tilla another time later to repost them,,

there are some great seller's/trader's here and some real jerks that think their stuff is gold and your's is junk,,those are the ones' i hate to ask me for a stupid low price/trade offer,,but you check what they are offering and you can only laugh and sign off for the night to keep from asking them WTF is wrong with you,,what world do you live,,lol

but it is all part of the hobby,,got to take take the good with the bad,,but there are some really cheap a"" lowballers on here,,i am always willing to be fair,,but some of these people are crazy as hell on their offer's,,

Just try to be fair as you can depending on your investment and codition and post pics and all details and that is all you can do as a fair seller/trader,,if everybody doe[s that,,it would be fairly fun to sell/trade like it used to be,,I love trying out some different things in RC from time to time,,if it works out great,,if not for me,,i just try o pass it on asap in the best condition i can for someone who will enjoy it,,

it is worse on some of the other sites i have dealt on before,,but this site is just very busyand alot of time's you will find the same RC up for sale with subtle differences,,but the price range will be insanely far apart,,but great site over all,,
Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Good point, at the end of the day it's not our job to subsidize someone else's hobby.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sometimes we need to maintain perspective, too.

Some of these lowballers and rude people are young kids, 13-20ish, without enough life experience to realize what they are doing.

True, many know and just don't care, but sometimes it's just the blissful ignorance of youth.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
Sometimes we need to maintain perspective, too.

Some of these lowballers and rude people are young kids, 13-20ish, without enough life experience to realize what they are doing.

True, many know and just don't care, but sometimes it's just the blissful ignorance of youth.
Yeah. You get the 14 year old kid with $100 in his piggy bank who really wants a Revo. He's going to ask every Revo seller he can JUST IN CASE.

I can't blame him, only his approach (if its bad).
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcooper273
It seems lately when I troll the classifieds that almost every thread has a lowball offer??? I mean granted I want some of the stuff too, but I'm not going to make a stupid low offer that I know won't be accepted. Do these guys actually think they'll take $200 for an RTR 1/8th scale buggy!!!???? C'mon man.

/rant
Yup, I have been there. I had a guy offer me $60 for my Sakura Touring car. I was totally insulted, but politely turned down the offer. I can understand wanting a good deal, but sometimes you have to ask yourself if you are being reasonable. You get what you pay for. I mean, do you really want that $200 RTR 1/8th scale. Chances are it's been chewed up and spat out by a trash compactor.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The best deals I've come across on this site are by those who put a item up at a fair price, no hassle and its sold within a few hours. If the thread has been "bumped" 20 times, you know the price is way too high and the seller doesn't want to believe it, just move along. Then you have the guys trying to sell a almost new, ran 2 packs, tekin rx8/tx combo for $300. Now I know I can go buy the same item "brand new" with a receipt for $280... seriously???? Just cause you paid LHS prices doesn't mean you can sell used for above new.

Selling on this site can be the easiest sale to make. List it at a reasonable price and you will have 3+ people in line to buy on a first come first serve basis.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
The best deals I've come across on this site are by those who put a item up at a fair price, no hassle and its sold within a few hours. If the thread has been "bumped" 20 times, you know the price is way too high and the seller doesn't want to believe it, just move along. Then you have the guys trying to sell a almost new, ran 2 packs, tekin rx8/tx combo for $300. Now I know I can go buy the same item "brand new" with a receipt for $280... seriously???? Just cause you paid LHS prices doesn't mean you can sell used for above new.

Selling on this site can be the easiest sale to make. List it at a reasonable price and you will have 3+ people in line to buy on a first come first serve basis.
That isn't always true, just because a thread is bumped so many times does not mean the price isn't right. Its also about timing and what buyers are looking for etc etc........

I used to feel the same way when I felt like a seller was listing their items to high, until I realized who am I to tell them what they can sell it for. That to me is just as bad as a lowball. As you state a person lists the tekin combo for $300 that is either new or like new does not mean that they didn't pay more or less, to go on their thread and bashing them stating I can get it for so and so less is just rude. Its the seller's thread and if they feel like their item listed is worth what they list it for then they have that right. It doesn't mean that a buyer has to pay that price, as a buyer you simply have the choice to not buy it and move on instead of bashing them about their asking price.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

RC Tech is home of the low baller....I had a few on my Tekno D8..Brand New with spares..had guys offer $150..this car had all the hara hop ups on it also..I just....for that I'll buy it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.