Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is up with all the lowballers???? >

What is up with all the lowballers????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is up with all the lowballers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
That isn't always true, just because a thread is bumped so many times does not mean the price isn't right. Its also about timing and what buyers are looking for etc etc........

I used to feel the same way when I felt like a seller was listing their items to high, until I realized who am I to tell them what they can sell it for. That to me is just as bad as a lowball. As you state a person lists the tekin combo for $300 that is either new or like new does not mean that they didn't pay more or less, to go on their thread and bashing them stating I can get it for so and so less is just rude. Its the seller's thread and if they feel like their item listed is worth what they list it for then they have that right. It doesn't mean that a buyer has to pay that price, as a buyer you simply have the choice to not buy it and move on instead of bashing them about their asking price.
I agree with ya on the price being the sellers choice. I've not once commented in a for sale thread or PM a person and say "hey, you want to much I can get it for x new from here." Just as a personal rule, when someone is asking too much I just move on or buy it new from a hobby store/site. Its not my place to put a price on anything but it does amuse me when people in this hobby don't realize they are asking "new" prices on "used" goods and then bump a thread every day saying "lets get this sold".
Old 06-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Yeah and what's with this bump

"Let''s get this sold"

When did it become a community effort
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just remember if you think the price is to high don't post it in the thread as that is against the rules. If you have any question on what you can or can't do read the rules.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Ive sold many many items but RCTECH members expect things for FREE many are trolls without money they PM saying Ill give you 30 bucks your asking price is 100 bucks. I dont expect all my items to get sold for my asking price but when your already 50 percent off Ebay prices its hard.

Example I have two new Thunderpower Lipos they sell for 100 buck average per. Their are Guys PM'ing saying will you take 30 bucks shipped ??? THe problem is people expect a super low price next to nothing its called be SPOILED or trolling
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Im not as disappointed in the lowball offers on here as much as I am with the lost art of negotiation. I usually mark things I'm selling up a tad so people can make some offers and beat me up a bit. Most of the time its just a stupid question out of the blue like "what's the least you'll take?" I already set a price, make me an offer and we can go from there, my bottom line price is for me to know and you to find out!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My asking price IS my low price..what I put is the least I would take, no BS..if you don't like the price..move on..
Old 06-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What this site needs are some HIGH ballers.........
Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

unless you put "firm", expect to get offers. I set my price so I have some wiggle room and saying "firm" can tend to scare some potential buyers off. IMO
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
Im not as disappointed in the lowball offers on here as much as I am with the lost art of negotiation. I usually mark things I'm selling up a tad so people can make some offers and beat me up a bit. Most of the time its just a stupid question out of the blue like "what's the least you'll take?" I already set a price, make me an offer and we can go from there, my bottom line price is for me to know and you to find out!
The problem with the way you like to deal, is there are too many others that don't know how/don't want to deal, so they do it like this:

Originally Posted by Oasis
My asking price IS my low price..what I put is the least I would take, no BS..if you don't like the price..move on..
When I see "firm" I don't bother to make an offer, unless the price is in line with what I am willing to pay. If I see obo I'll make an offer for what I think is fair. A lot of times I just get a "no" instead of "How about $X instead?" It's kinda hard to haggle with a "no"
Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Last item I bought, listed price was $500. No, obo or firm. I asked if $500 was his bottom dollar and the seller replied with "I'll take $475". I asked for PP and sent the money.

same day I bought another identical car, Item was listed for over a month and the price had dropped a good chunk since the first listing, like $200 less. Made me question why no one had bought it but I took a chance, payed his asking price without question....and got a really good deal, IMO. still haven't gotten feedback on that one though..
Old 06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

I've bought a lot of cars here on RC Tech and for the most they have been busted up POS's..seriously..I'm about to not buy anymore off road cars..When I sell any car here I actually go through them..and anything that's broken bent or needs rebuilding gets done..I've been in the hobby for a long time do I know what the value is. The reason why I'm "firm" on my price is my cars/trucks don't need anything and their built corectly..
Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Talking

if it does't say firm you gotta try, thats the nature of the beast.i have also bought a lot and as long as you ask the right ?'s and look at decent pics you can pretty much tell if it clapped out or not,if it is they make new parts every day!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Dave Koehler
if it does't say firm you gotta try, thats the nature of the beast.i have also bought a lot and as long as you ask the right ?'s and look at decent pics you can pretty much tell if it clapped out or not,if it is they make new parts every day!
That's BS..you can't tell from photos that the diffs are blown, bearings are toast..hinge pins are worn out..you can't tell from photos..I bought an SC10 4x4 and in the photos it looked great..it actually looked pretty good when I got it..but the upon inspection the diffs had the dreaded wobble....then I started checking..the A arms were warped (from the photos you couldn't tell).. The bearings were clean but really gritty, re cleaned oiled and it didnt help, it came with a servo also..it looked good but it was toast also, it was pretty much a total waste of my money..then your statement about them making new parts..sure makes me put you on the list of who not to buy from..
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
That's BS..you can't tell from photos that the diffs are blown, bearings are toast..hinge pins are worn out..you can't tell from photos..I bought an SC10 4x4 and in the photos it looked great..it actually looked pretty good when I got it..but the upon inspection the diffs had the dreaded wobble....then I started checking..the A arms were warped (from the photos you couldn't tell).. The bearings were clean but really gritty, re cleaned oiled and it didnt help, it came with a servo also..it looked good but it was toast also, it was pretty much a total waste of my money..then your statement about them making new parts..sure makes me put you on the list of who not to buy from..
Well maybe if you read the post carefully you would have noticed it said IF YOU ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND have decent pics.

Guess thats what happens when you dont read carefully. Sure makes me put you on the list of whom not to sell to
Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by badaml
Well maybe if you read the post carefully you would have noticed it said IF YOU ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND have decent pics.

Guess thats what happens when you dont read carefully. Sure makes me put you on the list of whom not to sell to
Whatever....so I guess it's my fault for buying a claped out SC..I guess I should have asked the seller to disassemble the diffs and take videos of the servo working..right..and where's the sellers responsibility in this? You won't EVER have to worry about sellin to me cuz your on the wouldn't buy from list..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.