Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
people are to cheap to pay there paypal fees >

people are to cheap to pay there paypal fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

people are to cheap to pay there paypal fees

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Why do people cry about a private seller trying to recoup costs, when stores like rcmart charge bank fees (or whatever they call it) and noone has an issue with it?

Not saying either are right, but is it perhaps easier to attack the little guy?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I dont have a problem paying shipping at all. If he had posted that the motor would be $135 shipped I would have still bought the motor. All Im saying is dont make a item out to be one price and then when you have a buyer add on shipping and paypal fees to the price. Makes the deal a little shady. Just list the total amount owed in the ad or say plus actual shipping and paypal fees. That way the buyer knows ahead of time what he is getting in to. Saves alot of headache for both parties. I will never buy a item from someone who wants me to pay there paypal fees.

Last edited by LowBudgetRacer; 01-22-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
So you were too cheap to pay postage? Do you think the USPS guy works for free?
Read his post again. The seller said he wanted $125 for the motor in the listing. Then tried to add to the price once he had a buyer.

I'm the same way, buying and selling. If the seller lists a price, that is a final price including fees. If the seller doesn't specify, that is their problem. If they want S&H added on after I say "I want" then I generally back away from the deal.

If I am selling an item, I tell people "$x shipped USPS within US" that way if someone wants a different shipping method they realize that the price may change.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Why do people cry about a private seller trying to recoup costs, when stores like rcmart charge bank fees (or whatever they call it) and noone has an issue with it?

It's not that we don't want them to recoup costs, we want them to be honest when they list an item. Don't list it for a great price then ask for fees and shipping on top of that.

As for RCmart charging those types of fees: if that is the case I would never buy from them.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Because it is against the terms and conditions to ask the buyer to pay for the seller's fees. The fees charged for accepting a CC or a service such as Paypal are a cost of doing business. Fees like banks charge are legal and spelled out in their terms, not to mention listed up front when you want to do the transaction.

Would you be OK with going in to Best Buy for your new $600 computer, paying sales tax then being told you need to add an extra 18% for CC fees, building costs, and labor costs?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

when you buy something from me your doing me a favor.ill always pay pp and shipping fees.