R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   people are to cheap to pay there paypal fees (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/585638-people-cheap-pay-there-paypal-fees.html)

Graphite07 01-09-2012 09:57 AM

people are to cheap to pay there paypal fees

WTF people are to cheap to pay their own paypal fee's. first the seller wanted me to pay as gift i told him no. now he replies back with more money i assuming he wants me to pay his PayPal fee's,this aginst paypal policy.

i never ask for a BUYER to pay for my paypal fee's ever and i never asked for a buyer to pay as gift.

The_Buggyman 01-09-2012 10:03 AM

really he wanted you to pay his fees that just wrong. an i never pay with gift thats just asking for trouble.

Graphite07 01-09-2012 10:07 AM

yep, i am looking for a gear for a hitec servo. i get a pm saying i have what you need pay as gift. i said NO then 2nd replie he wants me to pay more money i think he wants me to cover his paypal fee...screw that. you should not sell and use paypal knowing you get charged paypal fee's.

hotrod87 01-09-2012 10:33 AM

Some sellers just amaze me. I know most people seem to view the rules as a gray area but to blatantly break them is crap. I hope you reported it. When selling, the ad price should be the total to the buyers front door.

edgar5bss 01-09-2012 10:39 AM

it's become a trend......why should a buyer have to pay a sellers fees :weird:

kurtsara1800 01-09-2012 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 10145224)
Some sellers just amaze me. I know most people seem to view the rules as a gray area but to blatantly break them is crap. I hope you reported it. When selling, the ad price should be the total to the buyers front door.

what if the shipping is not the same to everyone?

To me, the price should be what they want for the item including paypal fees and shipping if it is a small enough item that will not affect the price.

Oasis 01-09-2012 11:29 AM

This is how I do it..I never ask for paypal fees (I've already figured that in) I DO NOT INCLUDE shipping fees in my asking price, the reason for this is I let the buyer decide who they wish to ship with & how fast they want their product, if you don't like this don't deal with me..but every on-line store I have ever dealt with charges separately for shipping..I charge actual shipping fees..the paypal fees I don't really get, just charge a little extra, this way the buyer doesn't feel like your tryin to squeeze "extra" money from them..the reason on the shipping "extra" is the prices are hard to figure on "actual"..

Cadimman 01-09-2012 11:32 AM

I think you should build it in if you want it covered. I'm fed up with surcharges everywhere; don't add it into our private transaction! :nod:

Oasis 01-09-2012 11:43 AM

Doesn't matter..I don't ship to Canada anyways..:lol:

Hypn0t1q79 01-09-2012 11:48 AM

Ive been seeing it more and more. I Like the people who blatantly put it in the sale like its this price payed as gift or ad 3% plus $.03 to cover fees. if you dont want to deal with fees dont use paypal. if you want to use the simplicity of paypal deal with it. Ive sold a lot of stuff using paypal and ive never charged someone extra for fees thats just stupid.

Monteman 01-09-2012 11:50 AM

Oasis what does that have to do with anything :lol::lol: j/k thats a pot that doesnt need anymore stirring on this forum :batman:

I add a couple bucks to a payment if someone asks for a gift payment. i figure it out and round it up to the next dollar. It just costs them more anyways. 3% is 3% doesnt matter if its on $50 or $53. all they can do is refuse it and refund. Or just deal with it. I refuse to pay as a gift if there is anything changing hands.

hotrod87 01-09-2012 12:37 PM

I understand giving people a choice for shipping and charging accordingly. You also put that up front. I know when I look at something I personally like to see $100 shipped,not having to add more for shipping. Maybe I should try blank plus shipping maybe I would sell more. Lol

Ferenczy36 01-09-2012 02:48 PM

Should be changed to read "Most RC Hobby people are too cheap to pay the Paypal Fees" since this seems to be the only side interest/hobby of mine that has an abundance of scammers, cheapskates, and deals gone bad. I've been selling and trading items on other sites for years and very rarely see a deal go bad on those sites, yet they're seems to be at least one a week on here. Kind of sad that such an awesome hobby attracts so many bad apples.

Hypn0t1q79 01-10-2012 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ferenczy36 (Post 10146369)
Should be changed to read "Most RC Hobby people are too cheap to pay the Paypal Fees" since this seems to be the only side interest/hobby of mine that has an abundance of scammers, cheapskates, and deals gone bad. I've been selling and trading items on other sites for years and very rarely see a deal go bad on those sites, yet they're seems to be at least one a week on here. Kind of sad that such an awesome hobby attracts so many bad apples.

i agree. I buy, sell and trade high end computer parts on other forums. Ive never seen someone ask for the buyer to pay paypal fees.

LaTuFu 01-10-2012 08:50 AM

This forum does seem to have its fair share of bad trades.

I've never seen so many people willing to abandon common sense in transactions, period.

Want me to pay as a gift with PayPal? Done.

Want me to ship my $700 truck to you first, even though you have 0 feedback and have only been a member for 15 minutes? Sure.

Want me to make a decision based solely on the 2 grainy, out of focused pictures you posted? Cool!

That seems to be the top three complaints over the last month or so.