Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Stomer Hobbies, Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought my CE turbodyno 45 from Stormer in 1997. How long do they keep records of sales? It was the best price at the time and even today Stormer's price is very good. Again, I am glad that Stormer is providing excellent services to all of us. My LHS which I have worked there since 2000 has changed a lot, it is more a toy store than a hobbyshop. RC dept has gone through many re-org or changes. Due to customers base, we have much more RTR models than kits.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys I will be ordering from Stormer in the near future. I have a credit card. I have had a problem with both paypal and credit cards. Paypal does stick there neck out for you everynow and then but other times they can screw you.

I had a tracking # ship with product. Product got lost and tracking number wasn't any good. I had reciet and paper work. Basicly to this day the guy never got it. he emailed paypal gave them copies of everything I had for him. Basicly they stopped my acoount both recieving money and giving money. I lost out on other sales. Wasn't anyones fault but the shipping people.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

use credit card on your near future purchase at Stormer
Old 02-03-2021, 07:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default stormer hobbies

Did Stormer Hobbies go out of business? They have not answered their phones for over a week now.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o2 designs
Did Stormer Hobbies go out of business? They have not answered their phones for over a week now.
I just ordered from them a couple weeks ago, they are not closed. I live a couple towns over from them and would have heard if he was closing...
Old 02-03-2021, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

As of 10:30am Weds. 2-3-2021 they are still not answering any of their listed phone numbers.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Stormer Hobbies is actually several stores, Walk in, Online, ebay, Amazon, etc. Still shipping every package, every day! We're doing inventory and that has slowed any phone answering this week. Should be done with inventory in 4 days by Monday Feb 8th, 2021 We've also got 3 people out (nothing to do with 'rona, vacations, etc) that normally answer phones and some guys at the KING of the Hammers, (and I had to stay ). Still every package, every day, shipped on time.

38 years, still going strong. All good, as always.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default stormer hobbies

Thanks for the info Bob. I have tried calling many times since last Friday. I'll give it a rest until next week. I wouldn't even want to think about inventory at your warehouse ! Thanks again.---Bob W.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o2 designs
Thanks for the info Bob. I have tried calling many times since last Friday. I'll give it a rest until next week. I wouldn't even want to think about inventory at your warehouse ! Thanks again.---Bob W.
Feel free to email questions. We hit those in batches.

Even I've been hit or miss this week to help, dentistry issues, UGH.

every package, every day.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Bought multiple motors and servos as wells as other thing from stormer. No issues at all, great ppl
Andy Koback likes this.