Search

How do you deal with a bad trade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
You go forum hero!
marooko is a mod, being sacastic is a good way to end your stay here!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
You go forum hero!
marooko is a moderator

Originally Posted by inferno13
marooko is a mod, being sacastic is a good way to end your stay here!
couldnt say it better my self
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well guys I think this one is resolved. I finally got the tracking info today after a very long time waiting. I gave the other guy the option to either ship it out today or pay me for the truggy, and he shipped me the buggy this morning. Once I get the buggy and ensure that it's all there I'll post back on here that all is well.

You know I guess what burns me the most about all this is that if the guy had just been honest with me from the start we could have avoided all this. All he had to do was say "hey man I won't have money to ship until xxxxx is that okay?" Then I would have had the option to say that either I would or would not be willing to wait. Instead I was left guessing and assuming the worst in this situation.

Lesson learned: be honest and clear in your communications!

I also intentionally did not post his name on the thread to start with because I wanted to give him a warning through PM prior to doing so as one last chance to take care of the situation.

Well, hopefully it's all taken care of now. Thanks again to everyone who posted for your advice and encouragement.

Mike
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Hopefully it is taken care of and you get the buggy in the condition he described.

Either way, I would not give this guy a positive. If the buggy is in the condition he described, then a neutral makes sense. Something funny was going on between when he received your truggy and when he shipped his buggy. At a minimum, he was dishonest and that never deserves a positive.

If he retaliates with his feedback, hopefully the mods will see through it and remove it.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well guys I got the buggy today, and it's now obvious why he wouldn't send any more pictures. The buggy is trashed and has not been taken care of. The diffs don't have any gaskets, all the arms are loose, the e-conversion is for an RC8, not and RC8B, and doesn't fit the chassis like it should - it has mismatched screws everywhere and looks like it was thrown together. The shocks have obviously not been maintained and overall the buggy is going to require a major overhaul to get it to the same condition the truggy I sent him was in.

To make matters worse, he told me that he was including an associated digital servo, which in his original post was an 1015, a pretty dang good servo. Because of that I sent a HiTec 7955 steering servo in the truggy I sent him. I also included a cheapy hight torque throttle servo. Well, the buggy gets here and no servo came in the buggy, instead he sent me back the throttle servo i sent him. I asked him about it and he claims the steering servo in the truggy didn't work, but I checked everything before it left and I know it worked perfectly. I'm done with this guy - lesson learned on my part, be dang sure of what you're getting before you agree to a trade. I took a risk and got burned with a worn out buggy. I'll definitely not be leaving positive feedback for Losi 8T. He's taken up enough of my time and it's just not worth fighting any more.

Thanks guys
Mike
Old 07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

He deserves negative feedback.....period.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gapjr
He deserves negative feedback.....period.
Double negative IMO..