How do you deal with a bad trade?

Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default How do you deal with a bad trade?

Hey guys I need some advice. Heres the story- I worked out a trade with someone from this site on the 14th of June, a truggy for a buggy. I told the other party prior to settling the trade that I live in Alaska and shipping would be expensive, but he agreed to the trade. I informed him that I would be shipping in two days, since I had to go out of town for work. When I got back into town I checked his thread on his buggy and saw that he posted on the 15th (the day after we agreed on the trade) and he was asking for more offers. I asked him what was going on and he said he was trying to find a local buyer, but we had already settled the deal. Anyway he then told me he would ship the buggy on Monday, but Monday came around and he said the shipping was too expensive and he would ship it Friday. Friday came and went- nothing. I asked this morning what's going on and he told me he's doing the best he can but offered no other details on the situation. By the way he already has my truggy. Another unsettling piece of this story is that I have repeatedly asked for extra pictures and he has not sent any (he sent three on the day of the initial trade). So whats my play here guys? This guy has great user feedback, if he didnt I wouldnt have done the trade. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, thats why I havent posted his name yet. At what point do I finally conclude that I have indeed been burned, and what are my options then? Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys
Mike
Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

"At what point do I finally conclude that I have indeed been burned, and what are my options then?"

If he already has yours I'd be VERY concerned NOW! I'd pm him again and ask for details on the shipping situation and more pics. If he doesn't respond within 24 hours and you see he's been on here, I'd then make his username public and see if he responds. Just my $.02.
Good luck man. It drives me crazy when someone agrees to a deal and then doesn't hold up their end. If he didn't have the money to ship, he should've made that known before the deal or at least kept you informed.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback and advice. Good to know I'm not crazy!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn't wait. I would post up and see what his deal is out in the open. Maybe another member might be nice enough to go get for you and get them to ship it for you. Then you might only be out shipping money!!! Better then being out the toy and shipping.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skipnay View Post
I wouldn't wait. I would post up and see what his deal is out in the open. Maybe another member might be nice enough to go get for you and get them to ship it for you. Then you might only be out shipping money!!! Better then being out the toy and shipping.
+1 dont wait its only going to get worst or ask to send your car back cod
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRob View Post
Hey guys I need some advice. Heres the story- I worked out a trade with someone from this site on the 14th of June, a truggy for a buggy. I told the other party prior to settling the trade that I live in Alaska and shipping would be expensive, but he agreed to the trade. I informed him that I would be shipping in two days, since I had to go out of town for work. When I got back into town I checked his thread on his buggy and saw that he posted on the 15th (the day after we agreed on the trade) and he was asking for more offers. I asked him what was going on and he said he was trying to find a local buyer, but we had already settled the deal. Anyway he then told me he would ship the buggy on Monday, but Monday came around and he said the shipping was too expensive and he would ship it Friday. Friday came and went- nothing. I asked this morning what's going on and he told me he's doing the best he can but offered no other details on the situation. By the way he already has my truggy. Another unsettling piece of this story is that I have repeatedly asked for extra pictures and he has not sent any (he sent three on the day of the initial trade). So whats my play here guys? This guy has great user feedback, if he didnt I wouldnt have done the trade. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, thats why I havent posted his name yet. At what point do I finally conclude that I have indeed been burned, and what are my options then? Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys
Mike
Shipping being "too expensive"????? Well if he isn't shipping the roller you traded for then that means he has to ship back YOUR roller which is probably basically the same cost. This without question smells of a scam. If your roller is still enroute, Id try and put a stop on the package and have it returned. If its there I would demand it back immedietly and Id be posting the traders info to give people a heads up directly on that thread if he is still trying to get offers.......
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Shipping being "too expensive"????? Well if he isn't shipping the roller you traded for then that means he has to ship back YOUR roller which is probably basically the same cost. This without question smells of a scam. If your roller is still enroute, Id try and put a stop on the package and have it returned. If its there I would demand it back immedietly and Id be posting the traders info to give people a heads up directly on that thread if he is still trying to get offers.......
+1. Try to stop it or if not demand it back and make his info public
Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

post his user name here so nobody else gets burned! i found who it was but everyone should know.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

User: losi 8t

Thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ler-fs-ft.html

S
Have you tried contacting him via phone?

Last edited by Marcos.J; 06-26-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: no personal info allowed
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge View Post
i was going to let the OP post it.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i was going to let the OP post it.
That's good of you. I just reported the other guys post. The OP didn't post it for a reason, it's not up to you guys to do so. I'm glad you stayed out of it, inferno.

As for the OP's question, I'd also be concerned and would begin looking in to my legal options. Also make note, if they don't ship within a day, stop the shipping and have it returned, unless it was previously discussed.

I too know precisely which deal this is, but it isn't up to me to start posting information about it.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

**SUCKS** if the OP did not have the cash to ship he should have said NO! and kept on seraching for a local trade or some one closer to him. and 1/8 buggy/truggy/monster truck is going to be expensive to ship due to the WEIGHT AND BOX SIZE and where it is going. i hope it works out for both traders.

to the guy who has this man buggy!! if you had any Dignity morals and respect for others and this hobby you would do the right thing and ship back his buggy if your not going to trade simple as that.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
That's good of you. I just reported the other guys post. The OP didn't post it for a reason, it's not up to you guys to do so. I'm glad you stayed out of it, inferno.

As for the OP's question, I'd also be concerned and would begin looking in to my legal options. Also make note, if they don't ship within a day, stop the shipping and have it returned, unless it was previously discussed.

I too know precisely which deal this is, but it isn't up to me to start posting information about it.
You go forum hero!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

BTW, what are you getting for quotes to ship to Alaska? USPS isnt too bad for a package under 15lbs in weight........ Not gonna break the bank thats for sure.........
Old 06-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge View Post
User: losi 8t

Thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ler-fs-ft.html

S
Have you tried contacting him via phone?
no personal info allowed is against the terms of use

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.