Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping issues....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I sell a lot on Ebay. I print off the shipping labels and drop them at the back of the post office. There is no scanning the item in and they often show up at the final destination across the country with out a single scan between here and there.

I had a package shipped to an APO address that took 44 days. Ended up sitting on a Tarmac forever.

Other packages take 18-21 days parcel post. USPS SUCKS but they are cheap so that's why they get my business.
They'll figure it out and your package will get somewhere eventually. I sympathize with your frustration though.

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

usps has always been great for me. But just with everything else, ya get what ya pay for. Plain and simple. If ya woulda spent the extra money for priority (which I can understand sometimes is alot more) it woulda been there 2-3 days.
With these big boxes with usps thats really your only two options. 2-3 day priority or 2-9 day parcel post.
Anything over $100 value I always put insurance on. Its money well spent imo. And a delivery confirmation is nice, but the tracking on them isnt really well, tracking. It will show you when it arrives but sometimes thats even a couple days late on updating.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Neu_Racer is right on about the not scanning things in if you drop it off.

I used to use the APC at the post office a lot to avoid lines and get things shipped quickly but have had to stop as they will no longer scan items in when they post office gets them. this leaves an interesting problem in that technically, the buyer can say that you never shipped it out as it will just sit in that state of whating for acceptance or whatever it is.

I now always go and have them scan it in direct, and as a policy now, all items I ship that are $50 or more have mandatory insurance on them.

I am curious though, did you accept payment via paypal? if so, why didn't get you signature confirmation as is required to be protected by there seller policy as I am assuming you sold the vehicle for over $250?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Never read anywhere that if it was over $250 i had to get sigconfirmation.

and have never had anyone do that to me.... so i didnt even think about it.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

no prob. just wanting to give you and anyone else a heads up.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well, i appreciate it. I have spoken with Victor several times... and the carrier who actually delivers his route... and neither of them have seen the package....

So, i am going to the Post Office today to file a 1410 form so they can start the trace/process on the package. I am starting to believe based on all of these people's issues that it WILL turn up... so that is what I am hoping.. i simply dont have the money to refund the buyer at this moment in time.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I think you are still fine. Like others said, being parcel post it might take 3 weeks to get there.

I too have had several packages that never get updated on the delivery con # page until they are delivered to the final destination.

The biggest thing is to offer insurance to the buyer if they want to buy it from now on.

Everybody wants stuff so cheap on here that I refuse to pay for any services other an delivery confirmation, but if they have the opportunity to buy insurance, and then don't, they can only blame themselves if something happens to their package. We can't control the shipping companies actions once it leaves our hands, so if the buyer doesn't care enough to spend the extra money to insure their package, neither do I.

Hope it all works out...

Brad
Old 07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
I think you are still fine. Like others said, being parcel post it might take 3 weeks to get there.

I too have had several packages that never get updated on the delivery con # page until they are delivered to the final destination.

The biggest thing is to offer insurance to the buyer if they want to buy it from now on.

Everybody wants stuff so cheap on here that I refuse to pay for any services other an delivery confirmation, but if they have the opportunity to buy insurance, and then don't, they can only blame themselves if something happens to their package. We can't control the shipping companies actions once it leaves our hands, so if the buyer doesn't care enough to spend the extra money to insure their package, neither do I.

Hope it all works out...

Brad
I used to agree with you Brad until a package I sold got lost by UPS or FedEx or whatever it was...and the buyer did a chargeback. I lost my $$$ and my items.....and of course the package was never found.

So now I just add insurance on their to cover myself...not the buyer. If it's a big ticket item, I will include $5 in the shipping cost to cover it.....it's $5 well spent.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

I would have done insurance, BUT, like i said, i forgot to ask the buyer, as well as himself not asking. SO, i didnt even think about it.

No harm no foul... hopefully USPS pulls thru
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

About freaking time!

Updated just a few mins ago... showing that it is at his Post Office for pickup.

THank god. And thank you everyone for helping me out/keeping me somewhat calm.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

glad everthing worked out for you. vaa is supposto be buying some street buggy tires from me. 2 days no payment sent