Shipping issues....

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default Shipping issues....

I recently sold my Mugen MBX6T to Vaa on here. Everything has gone smoothly. I mailed it out on the 21'st of June, with delivery confirmation (03100480000342306620)

I was told it would be delivered that Friday or this Monday at the latest. If you look at the delivery confirmation, it shows that it is in Acceptance. I called my PO, and talked to the clerk there, and he said that it was/has never been scanned leaving the main destination, but they dont have any more information for me at this time.

He then called the PO where it should have gone to, and spoke to Pamela Luca, the supervisor there, who said she would look into it/talk to the carrier.

What do i do....? I dont have the money to refund the seller if USPS lost it, as insurance was not bought/offered/asked for by either myself or the seller.

I just need to know the course of action here....

Last edited by Dlewis4; 06-29-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Work with the USPS to see if they can locate the package. It's got to be somewhere ;-) If they can't find it though....you're on the hook to refund his cash unfortunately. That's why *I* always foot the bill for insurance. It's not to protect the buyer....it's to protect me from having to issue a refund AND be out my item.

The Post Office is usually pretty good about finding lost packages, if you get someone on the phone that's not clueless. Might be best to go to the Post Office in person.

I wish you luck though!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Especially with a high-dollar item like that, I always pay the couple of extra bucks for insurance. You might want to give it a couple of days; without any tracking, it's probably "in transit" for all anyone knows.

Good luck....hope they find it for you.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Just spoke to the PO again. They said being parcel post it could just be a day or 2 late and not to worry about it yet.

So...I guess I will just wait an see what happens... Ugh I knew I would run into problems with the PO sooner or later
Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

it's probably at his post office waiting to be picked up.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Oh if it's Parcel Post...you are probably fine. Sometimes Parcel Post takes like 3 days......next time it might be 8 days to the same location. FAR too unpredictable...but I have yet to lose an item that way ;-)

So hopefully you're OK.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
it's probably at his post office waiting to be picked up.
It's not. Had the supervisor go check. They checked in their system and it hadn't even shown that it had left my PO yet. But my PO doesn't have it either.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

A parcel post takes a while to be delivered and the tracking info is always updated too late. Give it some time. And like others have said, always put insurance on big ticket items.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Parcel post is 2-9 day shipping. Max it can take is 14 days.

What states it coming from and going to?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Missouri to massachuseetts lol

The thing that gets me is the PO doesn't even have record of it leaving MO... Like it simply vanished

I just spoke to someone out at the Westborough, MA PO.... they are dicks out there.

They said just wait it out, parcel post takes forever. Ugh... this is the last time I use Parcel Post.

Last edited by Dlewis4; 06-30-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

First of all it isnt a tracking number it is delivery confirmation. with that they are only required to say yes it was delivered on this day at this time. everything else is a gift.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

I understand it is delivery confirmation. This isn't my first time mailing a package

But this is the first time I haven't been able to see where/what place it has been passing through

Just doesn't add up
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Parcel post is slower than christmas. I shipped a package to a guy who live in the same state as me (kentucky). I could have driven to his house in 6 hours. USPS took 9 days to deliver it via parcel post.

As for the not seeing the package thing. They are not obligated to scan the package as it comes and goes each location, only upon acceptance and delivery. Some of the clerks do and this is why you can sometimes see updated to the status. Some of them don't that's why sometimes you don't see any status updates.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Thats the thing thats kinda bad about the PO is that there under the federal government. You can't sue them or anything. The Post Office carrier could literally when you give him the money for the box throw it in the garbage and you really couldnt do anything about it ahah. I've had stuff show up in months and in hours lol its really hard to cauge when it will get there. You always here those stories about a mail man. that got lazy and took half of their mail and just stored it in a storage facility. Stuff the the 90's lol.

Hope Everything Works Out For You.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RobbieS View Post
Parcel post is slower than christmas. I shipped a package to a guy who live in the same state as me (kentucky). I could have driven to his house in 6 hours. USPS took 9 days to deliver it via parcel post.

As for the not seeing the package thing. They are not obligated to scan the package as it comes and goes each location, only upon acceptance and delivery. Some of the clerks do and this is why you can sometimes see updated to the status. Some of them don't that's why sometimes you don't see any status updates.
+1, you will only see acceptance and deleiverd for your confirmation, after 18 days, then start worrying, i know it frustrating, been there!! i feel you really have nothing to worry about as you provided proof of shipping, as a buyer i would be upset but knowing it has been sent and it all up to usps now, i have had parcel post take 2 days and also have had it take 16 days, it will get there, just hard to say when.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.