Wiki Posts
Search

** Low Ball Offers **

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-REVO 1/16
First off the phrase low balling is stupid its called negotiating. And this forum is mostly a seller forum so considering people your friends is a little far fetched for me. But back on topic some people offer what they can afford or wish they could but it for or maybe what its worth to them. For instance a slash 2wd roller for $100 too me thats too much i wouldnt pay more than $70 for one. Dont care if its used a little or alot ITS USED and new cost a few bucks more a brushed setup and 2.4ghz radio. And all the bearing are new and shocks are new so get a reality check before you start ing about petty stuff! Were all supposed to be men here right?
i agree w/ you and fas1. but i think what were talkin bout(@ least i am) is when u list for $100 and its damn sure worth it and u get an offer for $30-40.....thats a low ball IMO. offering $70is decent in my book
Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
i agree w/ you and fas1. but i think what were talkin bout(@ least i am) is when u list for $100 and its damn sure worth it and u get an offer for $30-40.....thats a low ball IMO. offering $70is decent in my book
I agree on the if it's priced right..I have had a few offers that were so low I told the "buyers" for that price I'll buy it..if they can find another truggy/buggy (in the same condition) I'll buy it..cuz that's one hella deal..
Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

"Were all supposed to be men here right?"

When you get to be an old man, your going to have low balls, like it or not.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Might as well give it a shot right? If it bothers you just don't reply at all. I have sold AND bought quite a few things by being low balled and by doing the low balling. Sometimes I just want to get rid of something so bad i would almost give it away. So if someone approached me at the right time I may give in.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

People just need to read the post. If the seller does not say obo, will ship internationally, and I will trade for something then buyers shouldn't ask those questions. When a seller does say obo then they shouldn't get mad if they get a low offer for several reasons. A-you asked for it!, B-maybe they are offering all they can!, and C-they just plain don't know any better!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
Might as well give it a shot right? If it bothers you just don't reply at all. I have sold AND bought quite a few things by being low balled and by doing the low balling. Sometimes I just want to get rid of something so bad i would almost give it away. So if someone approached me at the right time I may give in.
EXACTLY!! I think some people feel dirty making an offer and then feel secksually abused when someone shows some ba//s and does what they were afraid to do. Just because you want $20 shipped for your $10 shipped part doesnt make it worth $5 shipped to canada. Know what I mean!?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well I'm from Canada and I never lowball anybody if it's worth $100 to you it's worth that to me, and I also pay for extra shipping to Canada so not everybody up here is like that. I have not had to sell anything on here yet but I would not like to be lowballed that much either. just to let you you guys know not everybody is like that
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dedoman
"Were all supposed to be men here right?"

When you get to be an old man, your going to have low balls, like it or not.
Low balls are part of the game whether your young or old.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T Wright
Just curious to know how many other people are tired of even answering low ball offers. If I list something for $20 shipped (lower 48), I dont want to get a dozen different offers for $10 shipped to Canada! I actually start getting these offers within minutes of listing! My general reply is that I dont want to drop the price within the first 24 hours of listing. What I really want to say is "Does this kind of low ball offering EVER work for you?"! I guess some people just dont understand that when shipping is included in a price, there isnt THAT much room to haggle! Do they expect me to PAY them to take it off my hands? Im sure this has already been talked about in here and MANY other forums, but this is kind of like therapy for me. Better to post it here in the form of a question than go off on someone because Im . Time to jump off my "soap box" and get something done. Thanks for listening!
It's annoying but.. you don't have to sell. it's your choice.

Originally Posted by Ferenczy36
One thing I've noticed is the longer I'm in this hobby, the more people I run into that cannot afford this hobby. I've basically stopped trying to sell stuff on the forums because it seems all I am doing is blowing off PM after PM of low ball offers, someone wanting to trade, or someone asking me if I will hold an item until they have enough money to purchase. It's ridiculous. The way I look at it, if you are in this hobby, then you should be making enough money every month to pay all your bills, feed your family, put some money into savings, and then if you have money leftover to play with, then you can afford it. Nothing like getting a message from someone who wants to buy your stuff, but then says he can't right now because he just had to pay for groceries and utility bills. Don't be a cheap d***. It seems this hobby is full of them.
Get over yourself you would be the first to low ball someone, complain about the shipping and then brag about the dealing.

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
Low balls are part of the game whether your young or old.
Yea, such is life !

Just gotta watch out for scammers. They exist on here.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

i have been buying / selling / and trading on here for 5+ years. i would rather get a low ball offer than a PM with " hey Whats your Bottom doller"
Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I agree. "What's your bottom dollar?" is a dumb question.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

If you don't like the amount being offered, ignore it.

Let the potential buyer waste their time in typing up stuff to you, read and discard.

It's the potential buyers loss as they are always wondering/checking back if you will sell low ball or not...

Or give them a subtle short answer, NO.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

The etiquette is much better on here than on some other sites. Craigslist is a great example. You could give something away for free and people email and want to know if you can do better! Remember what your mama used to say......treat others as you want to be treated!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

i understand if you get a really really low offer but come on if there just offering a simple offer then give them the curtosy of answering

its simple if you dont want offers. type price is firm!! or no trades if you dont want them, trust me you will have nothing to complain about if you do it like that.

You can not hate on people for trying to save money in this day and age..

Last edited by johnny boy; 04-27-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Low ball offers are getting worse around here, the worst part is that they are in the threads rather than in pm's. Look through the classifieds, particularly threads involving castle creations 2200's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.