Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER >

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got ripped off by some guy one here about a year ago. If I remember correctly, his screen name was TXCzShooter (or something of that nature). He posted a bunch of Cen Matrix parts for sale. I wanted the front and rear axles/CVDs. I sent him the money through PayPal but I never received my CVDs. I tried to file a dispute but Paypal suggested we work it out. First he said he mailed them, then he was out of town and his wife mailed them, then he told me his wife was ill. I have had ill family members so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and told him to send them at his earliest convenience. Bottom line is I never received my parts and PayPal wouldn't refund my money because they said it was too late. Thanks GOD it was only $30.00.

After that, I was really hesitant to buy anything from this forum again. I know there are a lot of good decent folks in this hobby and on this forum but dealing with scammers like this really gives this hobby and the people in this hobby a bad name.

I learned a lot after that transaction and I hope many of us will learn from this experience. I do hope that guy gets whats coming to him. Some jail time and a hefty fine sounds good but I wish that we can go back to the days of when this country was founded. If you stole property, you had to repay double of what was stolen. This guy should have to pay back double the money he took from everybody and serve some jail time.

Good luck to those who did business with this jerk. I hope you all get justice and your money back.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BKILLER
THERE IS A EASY WAY TO FIX THIS DONT BUY FROM ANY ONE THAT

1 DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD TRADER RATING
2 OR WILL NOT GIVE THERE HOME ADDRESS
3 DOES NOT HAVE A OPEN PAY PAL ACCT

IF YOU HAVE THE ADDRESS ITS EASY TO FIND THEM FOR A FACE TO FACE
LOL
How would you know its the "real address"? If they are scamming who knows if they give anything that is legit. I would say phone number + address...not fool proof but at least you can call or show up then.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I not sure how you paid for the item. Paypal? Bank account or CC. Paypal's rule don't always provide the best protection from fraud however if you pay through paypal using your credit card, your credit card company will take care of it. I got ripped of over $600 on ebay once. I paid through paypal using my CC. By the time I'd contacted Paypal (30 days) they said it was too late for them to act. However my credit card company took action and I was not charge a single cent with very few questions. Hopefully the probem can be resolved.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SamPD sent me another e-mail today, he is a real moron! Here is the e-mail he sent me! please help me outta this jail cell... im scared and have had butt sex 14 times (12 receive, 2 given)!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhamel
SamPD sent me another e-mail today, he is a real moron! Here is the e-mail he sent me! please help me outta this jail cell... im scared and have had butt sex 14 times (12 receive, 2 given)!!!!!

Hopefully he doesnt get away with his scam!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhamel
LOL!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

WOW EVEN A SOAP OPRA ON HERE... WHO CAN YOU TRUST THESE DAYS.. SOME TIMES I RUN INTO THIS KIND OF STUFF .... EVEN PEOPLE STARTING SHIT FOR NO REASON??? HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANYTHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE I WILL FLY TO THE KIDS HOUSE FOR A VISIT....
Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Just a few things I do that prevent me from getting scammed.

Sellers point of view.

-If I have pictures on my thread (which I always do), don't ask me to send pics to whereever - I won't nor will I reply to your post, especially if you plan to use my pictures.

-If you low ball me don't expect an answer.

-First come first serve. If you say you want to buy the item then tell me give you a week to get the $$ the deal is off...you can stand up someone else.

- I do not ship first nor at the same time (unless your a good friend). Don't ask me to send the item because of your horror stories of being scammed. I'm the seller...you are the buyer...you pay me...I ship once payment is received...remember that.

-If your a local don't ask me to take it for a test drive - this isn't a car dealership.

-Don't tell me how much you saw the same item I am selling elsewhere for less. If that's the case go buy what you saw for less. We have different prices for different reasons. Mine stays where it is until further notice.

My buyers point of view

-If you have few posts or no feedback I won't buy from you. Even if your friends say your alright or it's an item I want.

-I will notice your conversations via PM. I will pick up anywhere you forgot to mention what is coming with the item as well as pricing.

-I ship with FedEx. There is captured signature as well as the time the payment was dropped off. Don't tell me it didn't get there or you don't know who signed for it - you GAVE me that address didn't you?

-If I don't want to buy it please leave alone. I don't want to buy the damn thing.

I'm not a paypal person being I don't sell often., so I deal with Postal Money Orders. As far as I am concerned there is no hassle with them. Walk into a Post office, buy a Money Order with cash or card and ship it while your there. It takes 4-5 days once you received payment to withdraw the cash...if it's still there. I wanted to buy a buggy from someone and as soon as I went to pay him cash in person someone sent the guy payment via paypal so he had was to ship it. I think for situations like that you shouldn't post up your paypal addy so it's more fair to people. Only exchange once you confirmed a deal. Just been selling things recently being I want to get into brushless. Dang lipos will cost a bit so all of the other RC's I've owned had to be sold. Kinda crappy being I did loose some good cars, but they went to people who will use them more than I.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My comment is to the site admins. One you guys have an excellent site great info can be found here. I have done 3 deals and am working on my fourth. I have a sugestion however. For sales threads there should be some kind of form where. Picture and price are mandatory fields it won't solve all the problems but it could help reduce problems. Lets face it there are always going to be scammers. The buyer must take responsibility in checking out the seller. I can't help but notice the glaring signals that were there for this particular scam.
I also thought that having sellers provide address and phone# would help. But then this is RCTech not RCBay. Just my .02 cents
Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow

My advice is to never deal with any seller unless they have a Paypal account (verified is the best security) and link your paypal account to a credit card. That way you can make a report for fraud with your credit company if you have a problem. Just my $2.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

People do and still have issues...
Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Saw this just now. I was just thinking, it is a little bit of overhead, but if there was a perfect-sounding deal and you did not know the seller, would it be a reasoanble idea (we are saying the transaction is worth some effort) to have the seller take their stuff to a well-known local hobby store or other local trusted source who could give a thumbs up. Kind of like firearms are shipped dealer to dealer, or like freight can be shipped to pick up points across the country? Or counter-to counter air packages. Just a thought.

Last edited by BobWoodhouse; 08-15-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Typos, etc.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

That's really going out of way and is unnecessary. If the person doesn't seem trustworthy just don't do business with them. Doesn't matter if that take Postal Money Order or Paypal. As long as they aren't asking for credit card info, or is a buyer and wanting you to ship first then they will send payment.

Btw When I process FedEx packages shipping of fire arms or alcohol through license dealer to dealer is the way it should be. Some people on the job seem to forget that which is a major discrepancy.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think people who have an overseas IP address should not be aloud to join, so our government can punish them
Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

I got this pm yesterday, does it sound a little fishy?

Hey I know you want a slash. I might have an idea. this guy wants a truggy for trade.I have a sportwerks mayhem st pro roller. if he'll trade me for his slash and the electronics, charger and balancer. I'll trade you the slash roller for your mission roller and $20. How's that sound? LMK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.