Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER >

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
it was a joke to newbie2..
The first sign of him being a scammer is he told everyone that he asked like 100 people to use a camera and couldn't get one but he had these R/C cars with thousands into them but couldn't afford a camera .? Come on man give me a break and noone would let him use one for like 10 minutes.... fresh on the site and guys just bought into his ass.... next time check into things guys and do not deal with anyonw who cant produce pictures unless their a known member with good standing.....
NEED TO MAKE IT RULE THAT NO MEMBER CAN EVEN POST IN THE FOR SALE SECTION AT ALL UNLESS THEY HAVE AT LEAST 50 TO 100 POSTS AND THAT WILL HELP STOP THIS CRAP!!!!!!!
Good idea! I hate scam artist..
Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah getting ripped off sucks, but....great job reviving a 3 yr old thread!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by back4more
Yeah getting ripped off sucks, but....great job reviving a 3 yr old thread!
+1, I just wasted 45 minutes of my life reading all of this shiot.....Does suck though, I wonder what ever happend to the Douche....

Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

sucks when crap like this happens alot safer to pay the hobby shop markup
will say there was slot of red flags on this one though
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

At the moment we are waiting for a minimum 100 post count before a user can post in the FS section to be implemented. You'll know when I know.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default potential scammer

droptine87 he hit me up saying he wants to trade his buggy for my ebuggy said to text him then linked me to another site. SCAMMER???? sounds like another charles sites to me.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Instead of the previous idea of having a member post at least 100 posts or whatever before selling something, they should have to buy something before selling something. Anyone can post a bunch of useless posts, but if you don't actually send the money, you won't get the product and nobody gets burned. Look at their trader rating! it's right there! Why did nobody see that this dude had no trader rating, no pics, bad grammer, etc. So yes, I am saying it's their fault. There is NO PROTECTION on this site, so we have to be smart.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Default that will not work

Originally Posted by velotek1
Instead of the previous idea of having a member post at least 100 posts or whatever before selling something, they should have to buy something before selling something. Anyone can post a bunch of useless posts, but if you don't actually send the money, you won't get the product and nobody gets burned. Look at their trader rating! it's right there! Why did nobody see that this dude had no trader rating, no pics, bad grammer, etc. So yes, I am saying it's their fault. There is NO PROTECTION on this site, so we have to be smart.
that's not going to help people could buy a couple small things and the scam others for thousands. No pictures no money, and if someone wants to contact you out side RCTECH.NET then they are scamming you oh text me or email me. Say no and do everything on pm or the thread so others see it and can know whats going on also guys that say things like first payment gets it I would stay way from how do we know who paid first? My fist transaction on rctech i was scammed by this POS Charles Sites I traded him my jammin buggy and he was sending a jammin truggy as tarde only it never showed up he printed a packing label and everything I got took! forums rule should be if your trading higher feed back and or rating gets the goods first then once you receive you send back. I think everyone in this scam had their money returned by paypal. this really sucks that people do this kind of stuff but it's life. Someone is always looking to gain a position at someone else's loss. I hope Mr. Sites will someday marshal my truggy main cause I have a losi 8t 2.0 with his shine bones name all over it
Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Default does anyone know

Camps23 he's from canada has zero feed back and keeps re asking questions I have asked already....sounds like a bot or a scammed?

Edit: he payed me and everything seems ok he just wanted to know every detail and was cautious. I told him once the money clears I will ship. So he is no scammed so far.

Last edited by bj4racer25; 03-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The part that really sucks about this thread, for me at least. I rarely use forums, but came on here to sell off some of my old RC stuff that was piling up. I could do Craigslist, but figured the users on an RC forum would know the true value of these items. I have been unable to sell anything simply because I have a 0 trader feedback, which won't ever change because everyone's afraid of being scammed. To top it off, now I don't think I want to sell here cause *I'm* afraid of being scammed. Talk about one bad apple spoiling the bushel.

So for anyone that just started on the for sale forums, good luck buying or selling. I heard about this Sam guy all of 5 minutes ago, and already I would do unspeakable things to him because of the negative impact he has had on the whole community. The worst part is that he wasn't the first, and won't be the last. Guess I'll have to stick to Craigslist where all my selling can be done in person...
Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Default don't let him ruin it

Originally Posted by dethbyno
The part that really sucks about this thread, for me at least. I rarely use forums, but came on here to sell off some of my old RC stuff that was piling up. I could do Craigslist, but figured the users on an RC forum would know the true value of these items. I have been unable to sell anything simply because I have a 0 trader feedback, which won't ever change because everyone's afraid of being scammed. To top it off, now I don't think I want to sell here cause *I'm* afraid of being scammed. Talk about one bad apple spoiling the bushel.

So for anyone that just started on the for sale forums, good luck buying or selling. I heard about this Sam guy all of 5 minutes ago, and already I would do unspeakable things to him because of the negative impact he has had on the whole community. The worst part is that he wasn't the first, and won't be the last. Guess I'll have to stick to Craigslist where all my selling can be done in person...
post pictures and detailed info and use paypal you should be good.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bj4racer25
post pictures and detailed info and use paypal you should be good.
agreed!! i have sold purchased and traded with no issues!! Great place to do business.....not every one is a crook and the old saying applies.... if its too good to be true it probably is!!!

Oh and i have text with people from here and have become friends and raced along side of them!!!

So just be aware!!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BUMP!!! WOW!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I wonder if SamPD got the ATV he wanted?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Bump.

Thanks for the heads up. One of the guilty members you mentioned, kevinfortier, has a new FS post up called "Everything Must Go".

There have been at least 4 requests from members who want to make a purchase and no response from the seller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.