Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!! >

Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They do have his approval.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mach51
ummm, id have to check but selling one some elses engines without their approval to pay off a debt is also illegal. if he has their approval its another thing.

Ummm yyaaaahhhhhh rrriiiiiggggghhhhhttttt,

dude, do you really think that i would sell a man's motor without speaking with him or the parties involved,

this aint my first rodeo
Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I will be giving Jason a call tonight after 9pm, If there is anything still outstanding that you want me to mention please state and I will.

I will also check and see when he wants to meet up concerning his RC items being sold, if he hasn't done that already.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Here's an update.

I did get a 185.00 payment about two weeks ago after Brian sold an engine fr Jason, but since then I haven't recieved any money or any contact from Jason.

So here we go again. Jason it's time to take care of this. Lisa will be calling you today for the rest of the payment.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Updates?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I haven't heard anymore about it on my end. I am still under the understanding that Jason wants me to help him sell some stuff. If he paid back who he needed to already, not sure.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anything new???
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't gotten any money or any calls from Jason. He's a total dead beat.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it is safe to say that Jason has no intentions of trying to right all of the wrongs he has done. I did a scan and see the last time he even posted on RC Tech was over 4 months ago. He has gone into hiding and you can bet has no plan to come out and pay his debts to us. My experience with guys like Jason is they ignore their responsibilities in life and just hope they will go away by themselves.

In my case, I trusted Jason because he seemed genuinely interested in promoting R/C Racing. I let him in on my KRC Products promotional efforts and let him run an account in my store. Jason would join in to help with track building and seemed to be working hard to help us and our efforts to promote R/C Model Racing. During races he would pitch in and was very helpful. Now after all that has happened, I see what was really going on is Jason was just kissing up to anyone and everyone he could to make them think he is a big cog in the gear box that drives R/C Racing in the region and was putting down what we at KRC Products were doing claiming he could do better. I know you read this stuff dearest Jason and now the card house you built up has collapsed. You see guys, Jason being the big-time R/C Icon and race promoter he thought himself as, also scammed the guys from the ND Pro Series into letting him host a points race at the Manvel, ND track this summer. Now that it is very clear to everyone that Jason is in no way capable, nor has the support required to set-up an R/C Event anywhere, they were forced to move that race to another track that is capable.

I fully understand the ND Pro Series guys moving the #3 Series Race from Manvel to Pingree and would have done the same thing myself if I were them. The weird thing now is that some of them still view me as the bad-guy for not being willing to help Jason put on that series race he was planning to do without the involvement of my companies race management services. The bottom line for me is, I cannot justify promoting the schemes of Jason Halvorson. Jason went ahead and made plans to put on races through the 2008 summer season at the Manvel Park Track not using my race management services to do it and just assumed that I would leave all of my equipment there for him to use for this. So, I am supposed to help someone that refuses to pay his bill in my shop to put on race events not using my services to do it thereby allowing myself to be eliminated from any possible proceeds from the action all for the sake of promoting R/C Racing at the Manvel site? I don't think so. I did what I had to do and moved my equipment off the Manvel site and back to my Crookston track where we have free activities for our patrons. Here in Crookston I can provide free activities for people using my race track and race management equipment for a lot less money than at Manvel being about 40 miles from my home. I still do plan to host the Fall R/C Shoot-Out race in Manvel in September. We will just need to move the needed equipment there to do that race then and bring it back to Crookston afterward.

Why am I telling you guys all this? I want all of you guys to know just how far Jason has gone with everything. It goes way past just owing a bunch of us money. I do not believe Jason will settle up with us all without being forced legally to do so. To all of those people that Jason is still not paying off, please put your evidence together and maybe we can do something as a group to legally bind Jason to his debts. I propose we all set up a court date in small claims court in Grand Forks this summer. Right now, Jason owes KRC Products $370 with interest making it increase about $5/month. I have everything on paper to present to the courts. For you guys out of the area, maybe it would be enough just to show your evidence at my court date and we all can get a legal judgment in this. We would really like to dispose of this situation ASAP. We can just go on and on talking about this here, but that won’t fix the situation. Let’s do something together. What do you guys think?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

thank you for that wonderful insite into the conversation "lovefcs09" I just dont know where we would be without your wonderful spam.

note: at the time of posting this reply i also reported that post as spam. yet it is still there?

Last edited by looper; 07-04-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

kevin, dont you only allow electric at your "track". I despise jason also , but you will bad mouth anybody to try to make a few bucks.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave Nelson
kevin, dont you only allow electric at your "track". I despise jason also , but you will bad mouth anybody to try to make a few bucks.
What are you talking about? One has nothing to do with the other. We do run mainly electric here in Crookston, but also run nitro models on Saturday. What does that has to do with Jason?

I don't talk down about anyone without good reason. And if you think this is about making money, it isn't. If my promoting R/C was about making money, I would have been out of it many, many years ago. This is about being screwed by someone that was masquerading to be a friend. If Jason would have tried to make any attempt to settle with me, I would not be on here saying anything at all.

If you got something you want to talk to me about Dave, give me a call instead of taking pot shots at me on here.

Last edited by Kevin; 07-18-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Gents:

Do any of you know where Jason Halvorson is living now? I tried to send him a current statement of his bill, but his email address is now invalid and the messages just bounce back. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

i believe he's still in grand forks. i think he stops into hobbytown every now and then, but im not sure
Old 08-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

guys im at the same address with the same phone number and my email addy works just fine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.