Search

Feedback on Trader Ratings

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
My guess is, you aren't selecting whether you were the buyer or the seller, and whether or not the deal was positive, negative, or neutral.

Both options are drop down boxes just above the "A short comment" field.

Hope that helps.
NEED HELP TO LEAVE A PERSON FEEDBACK CAN SOME 1 TELL ME THANX ?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SHORT COURSE !
NEED HELP TO LEAVE A PERSON FEEDBACK CAN SOME 1 TELL ME THANX ?
The easiest way to do it is to click on the "trader rating" link below the person's name. Go to a post made by the person you want to leave feedback for. Below their name you'll see a link that says "trader rating." Click on it, and follow the instructions on the next page.

Ideally, before you start that, go find the for sale thread for the transaction, copy the URL for it, and paste it into the transaction field when you are completing the trader rating. (The optional field in the trader rating)

Good luck, and post back here if you have any trouble.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys, I haven't bought or sold anything yet, but I've been reading a lot so I'm prepared when I do. I just wanted to run this by some people to see what they thought, and if was even a plausible idea. I apologize if I'm in the wrong area, just let me know as I am new to forums in general and don't want to start off by getting bashed. Anyway, what if the buyer sends a cashiers check with a hold on it, and when he receives his product, in the stated condition call your bank and take the hold off the check. I guess in a way this is just reversing the burden of trust, but the seller has the proof of a deal in his hands, I'll be it in the form of a worthless check but it can be used as proof so long as he/she has a tracking # for the sent item. I hope this makes sense, of course it has pros and cons like anything else, which is why I'm posting it here in hopes of getting both lists. Thanks in advance for all feedback. Mike Barsky

Last edited by mbar57; 10-09-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: wrote "buyer" instead of "seller"
Old 10-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbar57
Hey Guys, I haven't bought or sold anything yet, but I've been reading a lot so I'm prepared when I do. I just wanted to run this by some people to see what they thought, and if was even a plausible idea. I apologize if I'm in the wrong area, just let me know as I am new to forums in general and don't want to start off by getting bashed. Anyway, what if the buyer sends a cashiers check with a hold on it, and when he receives his product, in the stated condition call your bank and take the hold off the check. I guess in a way this is just reversing the burden of trust, but the seller has the proof of a deal in his hands, I'll be it in the form of a worthless check but it can be used as proof so long as he/she has a tracking # for the sent item. I hope this makes sense, of course it has pros and cons like anything else, which is why I'm posting it here in hopes of getting both lists. Thanks in advance for all feedback. Mike Barsky
Right or wrong aside on that I would personally not go through with a deal like that as a buyer or a seller. I like a simple honest deal... online I will give paypal the 3% cut as insurance that things will be above board, in person I will do cash. The more complex things get the more likely things will get sideways.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the feedback, I should also let you guys know that I've never used PayPal so I really don't know how exactly how that works. However just from what I've read it doesn't exactly seem to simplify anything. I think we would all like a simple honest deal, unfortunately from what I've seen that is not so easy. Personally I am one of those who sees the good in everyone and have been screwed on more than one occasion. In the big picture it's a shame we even need to have a discussion about this, but that's the world we live in. I think that if I offered this to a seller and he absolutely against it, I might have to think twice.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback, I should also let you guys know that I've never used PayPal so I really don't know how exactly how that works. However just from what I've read it doesn't exactly seem to simplify anything. I think we would all like a simple honest deal, unfortunately from what I've seen that is not so easy. Personally I am one of those who sees the good in everyone and have been screwed on more than one occasion. In the big picture it's a shame we even need to have a discussion about this, but that's the world we live in. I think that if I offered this to a seller and he absolutely against it, I might have to think twice.
How is Paypal not simpler???Go open an account and you will see. I, like many, many, many members only accept Paypal because of the protection.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

See here we go, I said I never used paypal so I don't know. All I meant was there still seems to be a lot of issues. So now I'm on the bash the new guy list, someone had to start it.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

See here we go, I said I never used paypal so I don't know. All I meant was there still seems to be a lot of issues. So now I'm on the bash the new guy list, someone had to start it.
I'm not trying to bash you, sorry if that's how it came across. I was just trying to assure you that looking into Paypal is well worth it. No hard feelings!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gawith0413
I'm not trying to bash you, sorry if that's how it came across. I was just trying to assure you that looking into Paypal is well worth it. No hard feelings!
Sorry man, I'm just new to this whole forum thing and I've done a lot more reading than posting just to stay away from the DBs strewn all over this place. I made assumptions and we all know what that does!! No hard feelings, thank you for your feedback.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The real problem online is that a dishonest person looking to rip somebody off can have as many online identities as they have time and wits to manage. The other problem is that new person that has no history trying to dip their toes into a first deal simply has no history and may look just the same as a fresh identity of a dishonest person.

Before you shake hands on a deal do some basic checking around.

Look at pictures of the item you are buying, from more than one angle if that is needed.

See what / where the other person is active on this forum... if they only post ads, then be concerned about that.. Or if they are rude or disrespectful in their interactions, know that is what you can expect in the deal from them.

See if they have feedback and look at the trader rating, it is an honor system here but it works well enough.

Lastly, make sure your transaction has you protected. Paypal and most banks or credit card dealings offer you protection from fraud. But things like Western Union and some money orders do not. If the seller or buyer asks for anything that leaves you exposed to risk then walk away.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's safe to say you're going to have a hard time finding anyone willing to conduct a transaction that way. Some, but still not many, will take a USPS money order. Which are safe because you can cash them at the post office right before shipping the item. You'll find that most, myself included, will only deal using PayPal. Overall PayPal provides the best recourse for both buyers and sellers when there are issues.

Originally Posted by gawith0413
How is Paypal not simpler???Go open an account and you will see. I, like many, many, many members only accept Paypal because of the protection.
This ^^ post, get's the response below..

I read that post and have NO idea how you could take that as him bashing on you.

Little forum fyi, any forum not just this one. You'll have to be able to "take a couple to the chin" from time to time, it's the internet. As well as not taking every comment personally. Based on your reply to that post, you come off as being a little "sensitive". Not bashing on you, that's just the feeling I get.