Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Revoguy SUCKS!!!

Cliff Notes of what has happened: (I can post all communication if need be)

I ask for 17t-19t to run in a XL-1 Rustler (cause its a 17t Limit ESC) for a kid that helps me out.

Revoguy offers a "speed jem budjet 17t".

I ask pertinent questions (more than once): NAME, condition, pic/link, etc.

Seller ONLY tells ME to go to Tower and look up "speed jem its a 17t".

I send HIM a link to a Speed Gems AMBER, 17t motor from Tower Hobbies. He replys "yes thats the motor in the link you sent me".

When I get it, its a Speed Gems JET (11T) with a VERY clear label. The kid CANT RUN below 17t. Seller could have EASILY avoided this by LOOKING at the motor before sending.

When I inform Seller of the problem, he says I can send it back and he'll refund "minis" shipping and paypal fee.

I ask why I should have to pay for HIS "mistake". No answer.

How should this be handled?

Last edited by oMONSTERo; 11-04-2006 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would just turn around and sell it. If you send it back you might not get your money. If you are wanting a cheap motor, Got to tower and look at the venom line of motors. You can pick up a 17t for around $16. My son ran one in his stampede and never had problems.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHUJ0&P=ML
Old 11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default No

Thats not what Im asking about. Of course I can get another motor from any number of places. Im talking about the principle.

Im not a Pawn Shop for someone to unload whatever they dont want. I ask for something, VERY specifically, was offered what I ask for, but was sent something COMPLETELY different (unusable to us). I didnt ask for something I would have to sell to actually get what I want. Thats RIDICULOUS. This is a COMPLETE waste of MY time. HE, of course, got what HE wanted.

I CANT be the only one who thinks this is messed up.

Last edited by oMONSTERo; 11-02-2006 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry I replied at all. Send the motor back then, Nothing any of us can do about it. In the future, Know the seller. If you still have your doubts, Buy from your LHS.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes the seller tricked you. Everyone will agree.

But you shoudn't get so worked up for $20. You win some, you lose some. At least you got something that you can re-sell.

As for wasting your time...well that's called "life"...
Old 11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

welcome to the hood!!
keep this in mind
-dont trust anybody-

always look for
ictures
:feedback
aypal
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'd be pissed too. Post his name so we can avoid him. He was either blatantly lying or just dumb. He should pay for shipping, and there isn't any Paypal fees on a refund, so that's just crap.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by Breakin2
I'd be pissed too. Post his name so we can avoid him. He was either blatantly lying or just dumb. He should pay for shipping, and there isn't any Paypal fees on a refund, so that's just crap.

i couldnt have said it better myself
Old 11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Well

Crashhole: Calm down man, I was just explaining myself. First I dont have a LHS. Closest is 2 hours away. Second: What and where I can get something else IS irrelevant. I spent time writing a post asking for EXACTLY what I wanted (and explaining why), waiting on responses, shopping them, asking questions, comparing (products AND Members), and then was told to "look it up MYSELF". I did. He confirmed. I waited for the shipment. For that week or two worth of work/waiting, I get the "priviledge" of paying to tell him it wasnt what HE said it was?
So, is there anything you're looking for? Im sure I have something you DONT need I can send you so you can sell it and get what you REALLY want. Come on, how silly does that sound? And I never ask anyone to "do anything about it". This IS the "Feedbak Forum".

403forbidden: Its not just the money (see above). Anyone would want what they ask for, what they were told they would get, and WOULDNT expect to have to pay if they DIDNT get it, NO matter what the price. I dont believe you or Crashhole would feel the same if you were me.

pinggoy: I checked as best I could. Hes been a member for more than a year. There were pictures sent (BY ME), that HE verified WAS the motor he was selling.

Breakin2 and tmaxxking: Thanks for your support. I may post the name if enough people think it warranted. I think he just DID NOT care.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default He sucks

PM from Revoguy;
""one why should i have to pay paypal fees which i am not doing told you i would send back 12.66 thats what i ended up with you said no ok i left it at that""

It doesnt matter WHAT he ended up with, before someone else says "its only blah blah blah", the money is NOT the point. Its HOW he is "handling it".

The "secret" is, that he probably could have "played dumb" and apologized and I would have said "Ok, we'll work something out". But THIS way makes it pretty OBVIOUS he was being underhanded to start with. So, you guys that think I should "just re-sell it" or "thats life", go ahead and PM him if you need something. Im SURE hes got "what you're looking for", AND I know you wont mind if you get something ELSE that you DONT need.

As I said, I'll be glad to post ALL our communications if anyone has doubts of how this was "handled" by EITHER party.

Last edited by oMONSTERo; 11-04-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: adjusting
Old 11-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default um

ok its like this i told him i would refund everything but the paypal and shipping fee which come to 12.66 he said no because he didn't see why he had to pay for my mistake and i am not pay for the paypal fees twice you want to send the motor back go ahead but i am still not paying the paypal fees twice ok that simple he never offered to send the motor back i have all the pms too and i have done business on this forum a lot. and on the dumb part its called no internet
Old 11-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

If you pull this transaction up on your PayPal history then click "refund" at the bottom you will not have to pay PayPal fees, in fact it effectively refunds your PayPal fees. The accounting you'll see is some amount from you, a PayPal fee amount (what they're putting back in) and the total you owe.

Dude--if you told the man it was one thing and it's something else, you owe him for the item, the postage you charged him AND the postage he'll pay to send it back. You screw up, you pay. Simple. Just feel lucky you get the PayPal fee back.

Scottrik
Old 11-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default um

i e-mailed him waiting for him to respond told him to send me the motor back then i will send him the money back ok minus what paypal took out to send me a check thats it and he is bitching about. and he is still bitching about a fee of 1.50 cent its all over that and on one other thing i was told when i bought it with a truck off this board the guy said it was a 17 t

and second in all the pms i had he never offered to send the motor back his was bitching about the 1.50 fee

Last edited by Revoguy; 11-04-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default If he wanted to !!!!

If he really wanted to screw you, the seller, he could file a complaint with Paypal for an item that was not as stated. They would find for him, because you out & out lied as to what you were selling. They would refund all of his money, with-out any fees being kept, and then freeze your account until its settled. He could then offer to send the motor back once you forward the postage for the shipping. I am sure you charged him for shipping so he might as well collect for getting it from you and shipping it back to you. Problem solved. Next time , ship what was purchased !!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default um

i thought it was a 17 t thats what the person on this board told me it was when i bought. still i am waiting for a reply and also the person that said there no paypal fees there is when paypal takes out so much to transfer for account and also go to paypal and look up withdraw and having paypal send you a check thats a 1.50 fee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.