Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Hill Christmas Cup

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well the enduro has been run and won. It was a great day with a much better format, ie no novice compulsory, and the lap dash was very entertaining.

I am still surprised that after three hours, four different cars and motor combinations and eight packs in total the top three/four teams were within a couple of laps.

The Novacastrian based team of the offroaders were in a very strong position for over 2 and a half hours, until the timing mastery of the uncle can to the fore and team uncle took the lead and the win.

It was a long day but very enjoyable and things progressed pretty smoothly.

Now on to discussions for next year, i would like to see a four driver team with two cars and unlimited packs, now that would be fun.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes a great day, congrats berescoe and companions, great work...

i think there should be a challenge to get run time as a component of an enduro, having 2 factors (car speed and runtime) makes it interesting.

if only we had done some testing with mods we may have realised that the flying brick need not have been run, and it would not have got in the way of fastolfart and some fella with a black, red and white lemans car that seemed to go past every few laps!

we may have finished 5th instead of 6th!

thanks to the faster drivers, i was passed cleanly most of the time!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
yes a great day, congrats berescoe and companions, great work...

i think there should be a challenge to get run time as a component of an enduro, having 2 factors (car speed and runtime) makes it interesting.

if only we had done some testing with mods we may have realised that the flying brick need not have been run, and it would not have got in the way of fastolfart and some fella with a black, red and white lemans car that seemed to go past every few laps!

we may have finished 5th instead of 6th!

thanks to the faster drivers, i was passed cleanly most of the time!
Opps ummmmm the black red and white car was mine. Sorry if we touched, I try to make my passes as cleanly as possible so if we did I am sooo sorry.

Mate I didn't know you were there on the weekend, wish I knew I could of put a face to the name, and also a name to the alias.

coxy
Old 12-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Coxy
Opps ummmmm the black red and white car was mine. Sorry if we touched, I try to make my passes as cleanly as possible so if we did I am sooo sorry.

Mate I didn't know you were there on the weekend, wish I knew I could of put a face to the name, and also a name to the alias.

coxy
yeah, i knew exactly who i was talking about, and you did an excellent job of getting around cleanly a slower car, even waiting till an opportune moments arose (now theres something that a few people could learn from - perhaps you could come down to the illawarra and give some demos?), as did almost everyone on the day

i have to say i did little to help (other than attempting to keep a predictable line)

i was just remarking, how well you and pete (and others) dealt with slow cars, and i happend to recall you doing about a 3:2 lap ratio over the mini (red/white)!

next time i see you, ill be sure to introduce myself

Last edited by contact; 12-01-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Agree most although not all of the people on sunday were very clean with their driving, and also allowing faster cars to pass, and with the very long straight it made it possible to pass much cleaner.

I guess the slower speeds prevented the red mist from floating over the eyes, myself included in this group
Old 12-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

well done to the winners! the besercoe/zarb combination in any team seems to be a winner! LOL
Old 12-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

BK i agree, i will have to make sure he is present at all meetings i attend, my performance at the autosalon was dismal with young jakie in Japan.

Im just hoping that he does not go faster when/if the new car comes out.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

I think that next year..there should be no Pan cars grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. haha. but still, we done to the uncle team.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default format for next year

How about this for a format next year...

Source a sponsor to supply ten cars all the same eg TA04. Teams have to actually build the car before they can begin racing it!

Any motor and unlimited batteries. Teams of four drivers. First team to complete 400 laps.

Now that would be a challenge! I believe this format was once used in Victoria for an off road enduro. I think the cars were Kyosho? Anyone recall... maybe late 80's early 90's?

Scotty
Old 12-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

it really was an awesome race, i had a good time, on road isnt too bad and i like the way cars can rub side by side and with smart driving on behalf of both drivers, they can still make it through the corners, team uncle just out smarted us offroaders and as painy mentioned, the old pan car is what we've deemed the difference to be, well if there's a rematch next year, i think they could make them not legal and mini's also, i know people like them, but honestly, they are of no real benefit for a team, and all they do is make it bloody hard out there, i got 28 mins out of a 540 tourer, i doubt whether many minis would get that and even if they did, i'd have done 4 laps to their 3, so i think we all have to run tourers, but enough of that, well done team uncle, the off roaders nearly upstaged u, and we upstaged 12 other teams in the process, for mine, i'd like to thank josh for organising the team, simon and ryan and josh for great driving and daniel for top strategy throughout the race, looks like i might have to run more on road stuff, hmm, better get a car i suppose
Old 12-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NOFX
, i think they could make them not legal and mini's also, i know people like them, but honestly, they are of no real benefit for a team, and all they do is make it bloody hard out there, i got 28 mins out of a 540 tourer, i doubt whether many minis would get that and even if they did, i'd have done 4 laps to their 3, so i think we all have to run tourers, but enough of that,
i agree, my mini did 33min - basically flatout at a probably a 2:1 ratio , our pan car managed 45min in qualifying, but not be out done i think jake did a huge number of min's with a mod!

in europe there was a race (last year or before) where the car had to be built (tamiya ff02 beetles from the memoy bank!) then run on 2 batteries for x number of laps...

maybe 4xstock motors for 3hrs on 3000? that would be an only just!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yeah i think next year they could make it, tourers only and ur idea of all stocks could be ok, but i dont like the reaction mod guys would have to having to buy a motor for a race, perhaps 2 stocks and 2 mods, although i have no problems with the current motor rules, it doesnt matter what u run, the pace seems to fairly similar for the cars anyway to make the run time, i dont like the 3300s coming out, but trev said he didnt plan on making the race any longer, so the pace of the race next year should be faster. im guessing that trev will just move the batts up one rung, ie mods and stocks can run 3300 and 540s can run 3000, or maybe next year only mods can run 3300's, anyway, long time to sort that out.

Can i just say what a professional performance trev put on, honestly, to go to a race meeting where its a special meeting, only run once a year and to have it run so smoothly including the shoot out etc, thats just fantastic, well done
Old 12-10-2002, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

I reckon for next year Trev should increase the number of packs per driver from 2 to 3. It would mean everybody can go faster To balance it out maybe the 540 car over the course of the race has to complete a certain amount of laps or be out on the track for a total of say 1 hour out of the 3 hour race time.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by vr01
I reckon for next year Trev should increase the number of packs per driver from 2 to 3. It would mean everybody can go faster To balance it out maybe the 540 car over the course of the race has to complete a certain amount of laps or be out on the track for a total of say 1 hour out of the 3 hour race time.
Is VR01 the Green haired? Chris?
Old 12-10-2002, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

VR01 is chris,
but not the chris with the green hair!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.