Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig1

Basic 1/5 setup

Old 05-17-2017, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Basic 1/5 setup

Hey guys new to 1/5 onroad, Iv got a car and looking for some basic setup information to get an idea of where to start?
Iv been racing 1/8 GTe but not sure what shock and diff oils, camber and toe to start with on the 1/5.
Any help will be much appropriated
Old 05-17-2017, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Harm have a setup book available for down load on their site in the download section. I don't think it states a specific oil, spring, camber etc, more of an overview of what particular things do. Sort of like the Xray book.

Or if you check the sites of most of the popular brands you should find a setup sheet.

Even if one doesn't apply to your car in detail they should at least give you a heads up.
magnuts likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alternative is to talk to drivers at your local track, see what set up they have, and copy. Most will be more than happy to help.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini4350 View Post
Hey guys new to 1/5 onroad, Iv got a car and looking for some basic setup information to get an idea of where to start?
Iv been racing 1/8 GTe but not sure what shock and diff oils, camber and toe to start with on the 1/5.
Any help will be much appropriated
It depends a bit on what car you have also. Some cars like different settings. A basic idea is, front shocks - 8-10000, rear shocks 2-5000. Diff, this depends on what diff you have. Front toe 1.5-3deg toe out each side, 0 to +2.5 camber up front. Rear 2.5-3deg toe in. 0 to -3 deg camber.ride height between 6-10 depending on how bumpy the track. Sometimes higher. Generally the back about 1mm higher than the front.
Hope this helps
Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Test Driver View Post
It depends a bit on what car you have also. Some cars like different settings. A basic idea is, front shocks - 8-10000, rear shocks 2-5000. Diff, this depends on what diff you have. Front toe 1.5-3deg toe out each side, 0 to +2.5 camber up front. Rear 2.5-3deg toe in. 0 to -3 deg camber.ride height between 6-10 depending on how bumpy the track. Sometimes higher. Generally the back about 1mm higher than the front.
Hope this helps
Hi test driver
I have the redcat XR EP Pro 1/5 and it comes with standard diff gears like an 1:8gte. Cheers heaps for your basic info, that's all I was after
Old 05-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

with gear diff, just put thick diff oil in it like the 1:8gte. thickness and quantity dependant on grip available. more grip, thicker oil etc