Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LoL Myles, your not making excuses now are you :]
Nar freshen her up mate, give it a birthday.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREAK!
Hey Darren,

Can you please send me a PM with price and avalability of a Go tech 5 port piston and liner??? I need more power coz you kicked my but yesterday.

Also do you have the small O-rings that seal the high and low end needles???
sure, be in touch tomorrow, and I cant take any real credit - I didnt kick your butt, your revo kicked your butt (with a little help form your pit crew - which reminds me, Tony the 50 is on its way)
Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

LoL Darren thats pretty funny, now we know how Tonys paying for that new Stadium Truck :]

LoLs all round, good to see a sense of humour
Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hay glenn, If you still need a body for your jato I will have the new jconcepts high speed jato body in stock next week if you want one just let the boys at rchobby zone know and they will order it from me.

Also if any one would like to try the jconcept tires out on the MV track I will have the medium compound tires in next week also and rchobby zone can get them in for you.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Hahaha, yep. I went home and called the waaaaambulance, I wasn’t… and am not going to say a thing about Tony, slagging ya pit crew is just not on in my book, but more to the point its my fault for setting up the car so that it could be a problem in the 1st place. Besides that was only one final, the famous Revo Tranny got me in the other.
That’s the one that really shits me, so many people just don’t have any issues with it and yet I keep killing them even after I fit the Robinson Racing metal gears

Just wasn’t my day!!!!!!
The Revo letting me down in both finals (1st time in about 6 meetings so cant be to hard on it) and the ST killing a clutch in the second final after coming second in the first by about one second. missed it by that much

Still great day!, great people!!, great fun!!! What more could ya want???? Now work for 2 weeks to pay for more go fast bits

Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Myles mate ill give you a hint, Hardened gears on hardened pins with big ruts and full power will break stuff. Replace the pins say every three meetings and you might get away with it.

Foordy, it was good to see a Go Tech take out Buggy class and now you can eat those words about them being a shit motor like you always said to me.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It was good to see glen win the buggy final, afterall he kept his car together and problem free all day so he deserved the win.It was also good fun racing with him.If i wasnt so lazy and had cleaned my car after WA maybe the clutch wouldnt have been jamming up and i could have had a shot but thats my fault not anyone elses.But i still dislke gotech motors and allways will

When do you start eating your words about 30% nitro?? heard they go well with mayonaise.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Brad, you mentioned there could be an ally tranny housing on the market. I had a look but I cant find anyone who makes one, if you or anyone else knows of someone who makes them please let me know, thanks

Otherwise I am gunna have a look at machining one up myself (huge job! don’t know if I could be bothered)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

myles, fastlane machines have them but i dont think the oz distributor has them yet.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now you owe me one Myles Giving away my trade secrets

http://www.ultimatetoys.com.au/rdlog...8b-p-7024.html

Dont know if it supports rear brake conversion, email them, they are very helpfull, ive bought much stuff off them before.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just checked the results, set a new fastest lap PB of 42.17. Now, to work on consistency.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

bein consistent is the HARD part but congrat's on the Lap time
Old 02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know it isn't that quick, I'm just happy it was a PB.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Well I bit the bullet lastnight, I went and ordered the Carbon fiber chassie and other bits to put the Revo on a diet.
I am guessing that if I can reduce the weight of the Truck I can reduce the strain on the tranny. That pluss the fact its shinny

A number of internal tranny mods on the way too
I think the Ally tranny case is a bit over the top cost wise and I am not really sure that its my problem anyway. thanks for the links.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FREAK!
Besides that was only one final, the famous Revo Tranny got me in the other.
That’s the one that really shits me, so many people just don’t have any issues with it and yet I keep killing them even after I fit the Robinson Racing metal gears
Myles,

I haven't seen a Revo tranny, so excuse me if I'm off-base here, but if it's a sealed unit (ie. the grease don't spit out all over the place), have you considered using an "extreme-pressure" lubricant ?

For my diffs' crownwheel and pinion, I use a type of grease intended for constant-velocity joints in full-scale cars. It contains Molybdenum Disulfide ("Moly") and is far superior to normal grease or oils. I've never stripped or broken a gear while using this stuff and you've seen how I drive.

I'll give you some if you want to try it.

G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.