Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-img_0052.jpg
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
Do I wish we could have one of those ? Yep !
Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Was just wondering if any club members had a spare internal diff gears for an rc8t I can buy as im still waiting on some to arrive from the states and need a then to run at the states????
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
hey mate ryper hobbies in perth deal with associated stuff i believe, if your desperate give them a call (08) 6254 2992 or you could just purchase a losi excellent part support locally no purchasing parts from the u.s.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by twitch_1
Was just wondering if any club members had a spare internal diff gears for an rc8t I can buy as im still waiting on some to arrive from the states and need a then to run at the states????
What exactly do you need ?

I have new:
#89112 Complete Diff Assy (F/R), fitted with ceramic bearings
#89114 Pinion Gear
#89115 Gear Case
#89120 Diff Gears & Pins Kit

I also have a used diff which ate a pinion gear. The internal spider gears, pins, shims and gear case are fine, but I think I may have stolen a side gear out of it at some stage.

PM me if any of this would help.

G.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks heaps guys or explaining the 1/5 scale thing. It makes total sence now, I did some reasearch and wow I dident realise how much damage a 1/5 can do esically the baja's. Just in case ur wondering the 5ive is not a short wheel base it's actually a tad longer than a Baja , ok well u have my word I wont go on the track with my 5ive... What about the gravel path? It's awesome for snakies lol.

With any luck I might see some of u guys down there, I'm building up a losi 8ight-e just for that track, when it's finished I would be very interested in joining the club.

Thanks heaps again for answering my questions with out making me feel stupid. Can believe I never read the sign... Oops
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey just wondering what combos are the electric guys running?
Ezrun, xerun, castle, tekin?

So far I'm liking xerun and tekin... But is sensorless really worth the extra cash over the ezrun... Don't know about castle, seem there is a very low chance of the ESC failing
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Well since I can't race my 5ive, I painted my 8ight to look like one

Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Whats going on in Naracoorte

Hi guys,

I'm writing this to give you a bit of a heads up on what is happening in Naracoorte at the moment. Some of you are aware that we have had a few issues with the pre-existing surface here. We tried a number of things to no avail and the large jump at the back and 5 pack at the front where a little dangerous from a marshalling perspective.

To solve these hiccups, we are now in the process of building a new track and I can tell you this is a massive task for a small club. At this stage we are trackside all weekend this weekend moving the pit straight and prepping for container movement, putting down the layout and a variety of other jobs. Heck we have been there every night this week and will probably be there every day until tri series, my wife will not be amused LOL! Easier to ask forgiveness right?

Wednesday this week, Bull Earth moving are coming in to raise a heap of material and move the good material on the existing track. Hopefully this will provide enough material to get the majority done. The weekend of the SA Titles, a couple of our members will be at our track working with a bobcat driver who has a background of building motorcross tracks to do the jump sections and general work we need done that requires the bobcat. We have gone with this person as what he can achieve in a day with a bobcat would be 4 times more than we can do so hopefully we get a win on that front. Dont expect big jumps cause we have to build our track beginner compatible if we are to build our club membership base, we are trying to achieve a good fun track for beginners and experienced people alike.

Please bare with us, we have a huge deal to achieve in a small period of time. The track will hopefully be great, just bare with us as we are doing the best we can for you guys come the 1st and 2nd of December.

We look forward to seeing you guys in December for the Tri Series and ask that you start to get your entries in so we can get an idea on numbers so we can nail down catering. In the coming week I will post some details on accommodation, dining and track progress etc so you guys can start to get things book.

If anyone wants to contact me with any questions etc, you are more than welcome to call me.

Have a great weekend guys and I'll see you at the titles next weekend!

Cheers

Mike
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Hey just wondering what combos are the electric guys running?
Ezrun, xerun, castle, tekin?

So far I'm liking xerun and tekin... But is sensorless really worth the extra cash over the ezrun... Don't know about castle, seem there is a very low chance of the ESC failing
I use Tekin R8 with a brushless, sensored motor in my Mugen MBX 6T-e
Works well around the track..... wish there were more electrics though
Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track is closed

Reminder:

Track is now closed.

See http://www.rctech.net/forum/11388220-post17654.html for details.

G.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Westy
What exactly do you need ?

I have new:
#89112 Complete Diff Assy (F/R), fitted with ceramic bearings
#89114 Pinion Gear
#89115 Gear Case
#89120 Diff Gears & Pins Kit

I also have a used diff which ate a pinion gear. The internal spider gears, pins, shims and gear case are fine, but I think I may have stolen a side gear out of it at some stage.

PM me if any of this would help.

G.
I was chasing the internal spider gears and shims.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Doing our best!

As I said, we are doing our best, we brought the heavy stuff in!
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-img_20121103_175933_421.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if anyone needs any supplies that Jaycar sell, i'm happy to do very decent prices for anyone that lets me know they're involved with the MV race group. I manage the clovelly park branch. i'm usually in tues-sat. although this next week is a bit all over the place.

the club has been great for me since 2005, so i'd like to give something back.

cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.