Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bit of the off road topic, but does any1 knoe were to get cen parts for a CT4-s on road car
Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For CEN parts, anyone who deals with HEI should be able to get parts for it.

For Spektrum, Model Flight or anyone who deals with them
Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is the spektrum gear werth it, do u guy know anyone that ueses it
Old 11-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

I use it, I will never use a crystal based radio again.

Integrated also uses it, and there is others who do as well.
It is worth every cent.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integrated
Hey Glen,

do you have a picture that shows the proposed extensions for the track when we get a bobcat in the future?
bit slow on the reply with pics, but here goes.

extremely crude, slapped up job but it should give you a basic idea of what im planning.
if anyone has any suggestions for the infield im all ears, but remember- we cant extend out the back straight and we need to keep maximum width thru the infield..

our previous temporary track changes wasted 1/3rd of the available width with that huge grass loop on the main straight and the wasted triangle? at the heart of the infield.

the width of the main straight will be the minimum width around the entire track including the infield.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

or we could possibly go with somethin like this, but remember- main straight and hairpin cant be changed, and most likely the table top too since its a major job to relocate it.
downside to these layouts is theres nowhere to get speed up for any decent jumps. the existing layout has longer infield straights which will allow us to put some knee - waist high jumps in..

[img][/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Im not a fan of widening the raised section still, I still think its a waste of dirt that can be used for jumps, berms and off camber corners. The whole area can be lowered rather than raised and widened at the same time.

I think the back straight should have at least one large double on it, or even a triple. A drop off is too simple to drive off, at least a jump is a challenge to get right and clear.

The middle section of the track doesnt need to be much wider, in those pictures it looks like it would be about 5 meters wide - too much if you ask me. Its all out of proportion with the rest of the track. 3.5meters is about the standard of tracks world wide that are used with trucks and buggies, i dont see much need to go wider than that.

More jumps and perhaps a ripple section are what the track needs. Spectators (and racers!) love to see flying buggies and trucks

If possible, I think we should extend the track up a few more meters past those seats to the right of the drivers stand, and a few more meters to the other end too if possible I might be draming though, I dont know what the exact land size we have available for our use is.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Im not a fan of widening the raised section still, I still think its a waste of dirt that can be used for jumps, berms and off camber corners. The whole area can be lowered rather than raised and widened at the same time.
but your never a fan of anything we plan.
if we level the raised section of track then we end up with a 90% flat track. (yawn)
i have got multiple truckloads of dirt aswell as all the dirt that will come from the hairpin extension will all provide more dirt than we will need. the end of the track will be extended to compensate for the few feet we lose on the infield.

The middle section of the track doesnt need to be much wider, in those pictures it looks like it would be about 5 meters wide - too much if you ask me. Its all out of proportion with the rest of the track. 3.5meters is about the standard of tracks world wide that are used with trucks and buggies, i dont see much need to go wider than that.
Originally Posted by Oblivion
extremely crude, slapped up job but it should give you a basic idea of what im planning.
Originally Posted by Oblivion
the width of the main straight will be the minimum width around the entire track including the infield.
ive already said main straight is the width of the entire track. need i say more?

If possible, I think we should extend the track up a few more meters past those seats to the right of the drivers stand, and a few more meters to the other end too if possible I might be draming though, I dont know what the exact land size we have available for our use is.
~10feet we can get away with, but widening and lengthening the entire track will be so obvious and we would need permission from the council (more work for me again)
Old 11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

maybe a stepdown jump instead of a drop off at the end of the table will be better, a small jump over a gap onto a landing, basically a double with the take off side higher than the landing side. it changes the level and adds a bit of spectacle to it. i'm in favout of a double on the 1st infield straight & moguls on the second.

only problem i can see with all these changes is drainage. we must consider that 1st. maybe we should take a few planks of wood & a spirit level with us to make sure water drains out away from the centre of the track to stop pools forming.

just my 2 cents
Old 11-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by promugenman
maybe a stepdown jump instead of a drop off at the end of the table will be better, a small jump over a gap onto a landing, basically a double with the take off side higher than the landing side. it changes the level and adds a bit of spectacle to it. i'm in favout of a double on the 1st infield straight & moguls on the second.

only problem i can see with all these changes is drainage. we must consider that 1st. maybe we should take a few planks of wood & a spirit level with us to make sure water drains out away from the centre of the track to stop pools forming.

just my 2 cents
aah never thought of making the end into a gap jump, now that would be classy
drainage is something i never thought of.. actually - maybe when we use ag pipe down the main straight it can double as drain pipe??
Old 11-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

if we mke the gap jump right it may also deter riders, but it may also attract them. i'd still like to build one, i love jumping them on my downhill bike & i'm sure it will work here.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oblivion
but your never a fan of anything we plan.
if we level the raised section of track then we end up with a 90% flat track. (yawn)
I dont see whats so exciting about a raised section anyway A nice big set of triples is more exciting if you ask me
Old 11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

it's there, i'm not going to dig it out. level changes help mix it up a little, if it wasn't there i wouldn't build it in, but there's no point wasting the bobcat's time digging it out. especially seeing as though the council is dumping dirt for free.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

good enough reasons I guess
Old 11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

I like the sound of that gap jump.

Another reason for having the back section of the track raised is to assist in seeing the track. It makes the cars easier to see over the rest of the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.