Search
Like Tree9Likes

WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by caltek1
Hello Ric,
Rollout is dependant on motor used for 21.5 and 13.5. If you state what motor you are using, someone should be able to assist with timing and rollout.
Rough fdr for 21.5 is 3.6 to 3.1 and 13.5 3.8 to 4.1
Regards
Calvin
Thanks Calvin, I have a Fantom Ion Spec V4 21.5 and have a Sakura Ultimate car, I got both a few years ago. Just taken too long to finish it I think I have a 40 pinion and 68 spur on it.

Ric

Just calc'ed gearing to be 3.4, which is the middle of your range so I guess that's a good starting point.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks to be a hot day tomorrow! Will be there 830 to help blow down the track and have a couple of heats. Racing should start by 10-1030am and finish by 3-330 depending on how many turn up.

Should be good to figure out gearing with the same expected temps for November.

Cheers,
JP
Old 10-04-2015, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Another great day for racing, good turn out with some racers getting their cars all sorted out before the Nationals in November. Some very close racing and a good day was had by all.

21.5 was fielded by 9 drivers with a newby Tony taking the TQ before leaving for a family thing, that left Calvin to battle with Bruce, Ray and Nick. Calvin taking the win from Ray followed by a close battle by Nick just beating Bruce.

13.5 was fileded by just 5 drivers. John dominated the stock class taking the TQ. Final was close with John just holding out Damien and Brad, with a very close and entertaining battle for 4th and 5th with Chris just holding out David.

Mod had only 4 drivers, Jeffery took TQ. Final was a close battle with Jeffery's consistent driving gave him the win from Michael followed closely by Nathan.

Mixed bag of 2 wheel drive cars today saw us combine the 1/12, F1 and mini together to give them some track time. Damien dominated in his F1, with Calvin next in his mini and Ray also in his mini. Dean did well with his 1/12, but DNS the final. I also had issues with my 1/12 and was also a DNS.

1/8th GT had 2 new drivers with Nitro Dave turning up just in time for the final. Newby Brett was TQ in the EP GT, with Newby Nathan P Nitro GT next.In the final Dave put on a good show and beat the rubber powered GT-e. The 2 new GT guys are improving each week.

Hope you all enjoyed yourself today and see you all next week. Just remember to get your entries in for the Nationals and I will try to run a club day every weekend leading up to the event.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Guys. Great day today. Shame I had to leave early. Next week I can play all day.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys Sorry i did not come ,you all are probably wondering who i am ,haha im Michael - a newby Visited the track on Saturday after work around 12 ish did see a fella running a nitro pan car there he ran his car for about 2mins then left .Did have a good chat with him was a great fella helped me out with questions about the club Im Very interested in starting ,,i was going to come down with my car i guess from reading this forum that my car would be considered as mod class - as i run 10.5t .

But that heat yesterday & the fact my batteries are not charged made it not worth it. The Heat tho did notice there was cloud cover . i work around the corner on power st .

So on Saturday ,took the car noticed straight away my car is fine but with zero grip the nice fella Sorry i did not get you're name told me what you all run .so got down to Grahams-Hobby spoke with Graham, he hooked me up with foams tempted to use them but no ill wait to hit the track.

My car also has a straight line steering issue i did all the checks nothing is loose ,i do my trimming Via control ,just doesn't seem to like me ,i really wanted to get that straight line on full throttle but hey was fun none the less.note it's not all that bad but need to fine tune that to a tee . I will be down to the track this Sunday to meet you all.

I want to join the club ,and have heaps of fun with you lot, i will also offer to help out cleaning the track when i got there ,or any help i can bring . tho i don't drive a car so can't hawl things.

EDIT: missed 1 thing im worried about is my radio, it's a Fly Sky - FS-GT3B ,Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System. AFHDS. i did ask 1st thing to the fella there if my radio would interfere with his he said no ,i have mine binded with my car ,so i hope i doesn't control with some 1's car or vice versa .

Last edited by DjManeyecool; 10-04-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: missed something.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

We will be running as many Sunday's as possible leading up to the Nationals in November. You probably spoke to Dave, he normally hits the track on Saturday. I got to the track later on Saturday, to clean it down. The track was very dirty. We must of just missed each other.
Bring your car down on Sunday and one of us will try to get your car going better. For straight line stability, give your car a little toe out on the front might help. Hopefully see you Sunday. You will find me either on the track blowing it down or at the race computer. Ask for HazzMatt, See you there.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Nearly forgot to say good luck to the Whalan club members who are competing this weekend in Melbourne at the IC (nitro) Nationals. Hope they all drive well, when I get some results I will update.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Been getting upgrades to the car over the past week ,Foam Tires are on and everything is set i think ,batt-x2 car is performing better thee steering issue came down to a faulty servo got a brand new 1 new belt for looks had to looks good with writing on it .

Weather looks in favor for Sunday ,i will try to make it sown there say 10ish depends what time i wake up. & will help out any way i can .Can't wait to run with you guys & watch the pros at it hehe.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a question wandering how many will be attending tomorrow due to the Bathurst race tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing
Just a question wandering how many will be attending tomorrow due to the Bathurst race tomorrow.
I am pondering the same thing. Don't think I will make it out as MotoGp is on live from Japan also
Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

I have the Great Race setup to record tomorrow. I have cleaned all the leaves off the track today, so just a quick blow down in the morning and we should be racing. Quick 3 qualifiers and a final so I can get back home for the race. See you all in the morning.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HazzMatt
I have the Great Race setup to record tomorrow. I have cleaned all the leaves off the track today, so just a quick blow down in the morning and we should be racing. Quick 3 qualifiers and a final so I can get back home for the race. See you all in the morning.
Oh was that you who blew all the leaves off the track today? Oops! i went and put them back onto the track this arvo.. sorry...
What time is racing again? I will be there tomorow with my long wood... i mean.. timber
Old 10-11-2015, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Another great day of racing, even if numbers were down due to some other race happening today somewhere. Lol.
Results from Melbourne at the IC Nationals, we had 3 members racing. Aaron Lee had car problems and didn't get a good run in tourer, Ben Dunn also had problems in tourer and decided to concentrate on running my Mugen MGT7 powered by his XRD engine finishing 2nd in the final. Late rain caused the 1/8th final to be declared by qualifying, with Kane Alderton taking home 5th. Well done to the guys and hope to see the noisy cars on a club day soon.
Back in Sydney we had a good days racing.
21.5- Calvin took TQ and the win from Ray, followed by Richard and Noel.
13.5- Damien took TQ but had to leave early giving Beth the win followed by Steve and David
Mod- Nathan took TQ and the win from Raymond and Michael.
GT- Dave took TQ, but let the new guy Brett with his electric GT take the win followed closely by nitro Dave and nitro Nathan.
Was good to see some old faces and welcome some new drivers to the track. See you all next week, weather permitting.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi there, I'm after a phone number for a contact at the club regarding the nationals. Thanks, Duane.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Was so much fun on & of the track on Sunday again thanks.
This Sunday i will become a member .Oh i have a vest to give to the club.
1st things 1st - is i wanted to see how things where run by the clubs members & staff 1st hand b4 becoming a member to see if it's really for me or not,all i have to say is this - you lot are a great help in hand great bunch of people - willing to help those in need when you can. I thank you for that . Now i may have a couple of guys from my work willing to take the sport up hobby what ever.

Bring on Sunday .

Last edited by DjManeyecool; 10-16-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.