Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.

Welcome all to the new Whalan Model Car Club.

Located in Whalan Reserve off Debrincate Ave Tregear.
Our track is a purpose built on road bitumen catering for all on road scale cars. We are located in the middle of a large grass reserve with kids swings and plenty of space for families. We are a small family orientated group of RC enthusiasts who are willing to grow and support the RC community.
We run Control race days with timing 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, with the track open to the public during the day at all other times.
Registrations from 8.30am, racing from 9.30am. We will be running at least 3 qualifiers and finals. Costs are $10 each class for members, $15 each class for non members. Membership is $50 which gets you cheaper club day fee's and affiliation with AARCMCC for major events.
You will need your own table, chair, extension lead and mind set to have fun.
Classes of 3 or more to be offered are;
21.5, 13.5, modified Electric Powered Touring car.
1/10th Nitro Touring car, 1/8th nitro pan car.
1/8th GT nitro and 1/8th GT-E (electric)
1/10th Mini, 1/10th F1, 1/12th pan (all electric)
Or anything with 4 wheels and radio controlled, we will find a class for you to run. If we get numbers we will also offer a novice class, with support from our experienced drivers.
At the moment we have a group of experienced drivers with support from local hobby shops, willing to help any novice to get into the hobby. Come down for a look or race, we will be happy to see you at the track.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Ill be there this Sunday
Old 05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

ill be there too alf,need some practice,still 1 sec behind from these big boys
Old 05-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

All my pictures of the track are upside down, I'll take some more tomorrow and post them up.
Attached Thumbnails WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.-img_1202.jpg   WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.-img_1204.jpg  

Last edited by HazzMatt; 05-27-2015 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Pictures not correct
Old 05-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

For those who are keen, we run practice Sundays on those weekends we are not racing. A core group of us, take our families and practice together and assist each other to get quicker and improve our race craft. If your interested come down this Sunday for a visit and run.
On these practice days we do clean the track, setup the timing and have fun. All are welcome . We normally have this done by 9:30, but as it is not a proper race day, timing can vary. We will post in here if things change.
Hope to see you at the track.
Regards,
Calvin
Old 05-30-2015, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just a reminder, some of us are going to the track tomorrow for a test/tune practice day. Anyone interested in joining us is welcome. We will have timing available.
I think some will be at the track early, however start time for nitro cars is after 0930.
Cyas
Calvin
Old 05-30-2015, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will be at the track at around 8am tomorrow to blow the track down and tidy up around the track.
We will be running power and timing for anyone who wants to come down for a run. Transponders can be provided or use you own.
Tomorrow is the off week between racedays so is just timed practice. However if we get enough numbers we can easily setup races.
Cheers
Steven
Old 05-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

WMCC, Whalan Model Car Club.-img-20150531-wa0003.jpg

Track is wet. We may get down abit later
Old 05-31-2015, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Was really looking forward to getting some laps in today with my Mini but thanks for letting me know it was rained out (saved me an hours drive).

I will definitely be there next weekend for some testing (rebuilt softer shocks oil+springs).

Anyone else going for a long weekend run?
Old 05-31-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey John im going down for a run on the weekend. Calvin said hes setting up the timing so lets hope for good weather.

BTW are we going Castle hill on friday night for a run?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Steve,

Sounds good for the weekend and castle hill. Who else is in?
It's good to get out to support Trev, especially all the help he also provides to Whalan.

Cheers,
JP
Old 06-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Addicted1
Hi Steve,

Sounds good for the weekend and castle hill. Who else is in?
It's good to get out to support Trev, especially all the help he also provides to Whalan.

Cheers,
JP
Was great seeing all you there on the night and having fun, watching Dave pull off a daring & weaving 2 car pass on the straight in his final, was an epic moment of the night.
Am hoping to be able to get out to Whalan on Sunday to have a run on the day as well.

Rob.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Great seeing everyone at Castle Hill last night and confirming most are keen for timed practice tomorrow (Sunday 7th June). It sounds like we will have enough to run a race tomorrow. I believe about 10 already confirmed, most with either or all of f1/stock/mini/21.5/gte and some nitros as well.

Weather looks to be an amazing day, so see you all in the morning for a great day. We will run a race should numbers allow with timed practice.

A few of us will prep the track from 8am and setup the timing system, 9:00am open track, for a targeted starting time at 9:30am. As we normally race 2nd and 4th Sunday's of the month, it is due to popular request we are running tomorrow because of the long weekend. The official race calendar remains the same so next week we are also racing.

Looking forward to seeing you there. All are welcome, novice class is available for kids, new comers or anyone else that would like to experience the sport.

Cheers,
JP
Old 06-06-2015, 03:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will be there with a big coffee and attempting to stay on the track
Old 06-06-2015, 05:55 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Addicted1
Great seeing everyone at Castle Hill last night and confirming most are keen for timed practice tomorrow (Sunday 7th June). It sounds like we will have enough to run a race tomorrow. I believe about 10 already confirmed, most with either or all of f1/stock/mini/21.5/gte and some nitros as well.

Weather looks to be an amazing day, so see you all in the morning for a great day. We will run a race should numbers allow with timed practice.

A few of us will prep the track from 8am and setup the timing system, 9:00am open track, for a targeted starting time at 9:30am. As we normally race 2nd and 4th Sunday's of the month, it is due to popular request we are running tomorrow because of the long weekend. The official race calendar remains the same so next week we are also racing.

Looking forward to seeing you there. All are welcome, novice class is available for kids, new comers or anyone else that would like to experience the sport.

Cheers,
JP
Sorry JP but after being in bed yesterday with this bloody cold thought it would be better to give it a miss today will be down next time.

I was going to see Dean in hospital but thought better of it after yesterday.

Catchya next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.