Search
Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey
My Son Tristan did the same thing with his transmitter. Thank god for the current generation radios with failsafes. In regard to your jumping issue with you 22, what configuration are you running mid or rear? What shock pistons are you running? The shock collars should be adjusted for ride height and chassis balance. I run 25mm rear ride with pink springs, and 26mm front ride height with orange springs. I also added weight to the front (50g). That was done mainly for anti wheelie aid but I also found it jumps better and steers nicer. Keep in mind I run mod, haven't placed in a national title in over 15years. I also run the 5deg blocks but would prefer to run the 10's but find find rear traction and high speed stability better with the 5's. Keep in mind this is all personal preference and run different oils from kit setup.
Cheers, Brett
Thanks Brett, I'm running rear configuration and never even thought to measure the ride hieght... That's another one I gotta check out. I run 54 pistons on the front and 55 on the back. Gawd this is getting more and more technical the faster I go - which is still pretty slow I guess I'm wondering how ride hieght would attribute to the jumping ans stability. Then again you did say something about chassis balance.... Maybe as I get closer to the top or bottom I'm able to more accurately even left and right...

Thanks again
Ant
Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'll marshall for you guys when you race if you want, as I dont have a 1/10 yet & I dont mind lending a hand for your working bees either.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is my latest setup for the TLR 22. You may want to try it... Seems to work well for stock racing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TLR0022_Setup Simon 5.pdf (317.8 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default race day

Hi all,
I have not been to the track for about a year, I was thinking of taking my boys down for a drive today, but I am unsure what days it is used for racing, can anyone help with some info please?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Racing starts in Feb, first and third Sunday.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default race day

Originally Posted by goBezerk
Racing starts in Feb, first and third Sunday.
Thanks mate!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ant73
Thanks Brett, I'm running rear configuration and never even thought to measure the ride hieght... That's another one I gotta check out. I run 54 pistons on the front and 55 on the back. Gawd this is getting more and more technical the faster I go - which is still pretty slow I guess I'm wondering how ride hieght would attribute to the jumping ans stability. Then again you did say something about chassis balance.... Maybe as I get closer to the top or bottom I'm able to more accurately even left and right...

Thanks again
Ant
When are you heading down to the track next? Would be good to do some 22 r&d with a stock racer. I might stop in about lunch today (Sunday) for a pack or two.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Just got back from track. Had a blast, track condition pretty average but gave me the opportunity to try a couple of things. Smoked two sets of rears in three batteries due to the hard low traction nature of track today. All in all great couple of hours and can't believe I was the only one there, very rare indeed.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey
Just got back from track. Had a blast, track condition pretty average but gave me the opportunity to try a couple of things. Smoked two sets of rears in three batteries due to the hard low traction nature of track today. All in all great couple of hours and can't believe I was the only one there, very rare indeed.
Wow, yesterday was totally packed. I will be there Tuesday night from around sevenish.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

With the stock motor I am running 25wt oil in front (red springs) and 30 in the back (yellow springs). I have to adjust the shock collar (if that's what you call the windy things on the springs), almost right up to the top on the rears and the fronts all the way to the bottom.
I am doing this because when jumping - even the little ones, it drammatically nose dives. Also, if I'm just a little off line it goes nuts banking like a plane doing a left or right hand turn in the air. Is this normal? Funnily enough adjusting the collars fixes it but then the steering gets really lazy.
I am running the stock 10 degree front camber block and have ordered a couple of the 5 degree ones so that should make the steering a little more aggressive again but don't know if they'll arive in time for the 5th and I want to give stock a go. I feel like I am missing something. Surely those windy things are not the only things to fix these issues but it makes it so I can let go of the trigger to bring the nose down or keep it down to get it up.

Any ideas?

Ant
Hey Ant,

a little difficult to diagnose without watching in person.

Banking left/ right off jumps: usually this happens if you hit a jump at an angle or with the wheels turned as you leave the jump. Its pretty easy to get crossed up on the jumps after the esses - trick through here is to back off a bit so you dont get much air off these, but keep the steering straight as you leave each ramp.

Dramatic nose -diving / spring preload: As Brett said, its not the preload but the ride height which matters. Try to keep the car level front to rear or the handling can go away.
To fix nose diving, you can try making sure you accelerate up the face of the jump and back off just as you leave the ramp. Usually having the rear too low causes a nose down, which is why the problem you are having is a little strange, especially as when I have driven 22s the jumping seems to be their strongest point. Check the team setups on the net (or the ones posted by Bezerk a while back) to make sure you arent too far left field.

Hopefully getting others watching you (even better, see if you can get someone to video you around the track) will help you sort it out.

Ray
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Hey Ant,

a little difficult to diagnose without watching in person.

Banking left/ right off jumps: usually this happens if you hit a jump at an angle or with the wheels turned as you leave the jump. Its pretty easy to get crossed up on the jumps after the esses - trick through here is to back off a bit so you dont get much air off these, but keep the steering straight as you leave each ramp.

Dramatic nose -diving / spring preload: As Brett said, its not the preload but the ride height which matters. Try to keep the car level front to rear or the handling can go away.
To fix nose diving, you can try making sure you accelerate up the face of the jump and back off just as you leave the ramp. Usually having the rear too low causes a nose down, which is why the problem you are having is a little strange, especially as when I have driven 22s the jumping seems to be their strongest point. Check the team setups on the net (or the ones posted by Bezerk a while back) to make sure you arent too far left field.

Hopefully getting others watching you (even better, see if you can get someone to video you around the track) will help you sort it out.

Ray
Steering up the ramps - so obvious once again. Definitely doing that. It's actually the first jump before the big one that runs parallel to the stand just after the left hander after the "bumps". I need to get a good line hitting the apex after the "bumps" but find it hard because there's hardly any track left before the ramp to straighten up. I practiced the "bumps" after the esses to death and think I have them down so that's sort of ok now. Maybe I just need to do the same with this one.

As I said to Brett, I've never even considered a measured ride height so that's a good starting point. I started taking a closer look at Paul's and this guy from the US's (Casey) rough, hard packed, outdoor setups so had to google kick shims, spindles, bump steer, roll centre and anti squat. I enjoy taking it apart and putting it back together so that'll be fun at least.

Thanks for helping, hopefully the other newbies with 22s are looking....

It's nice to race against other brands yeh? Can't all have AEs can we?

Ant
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Hi, I'm looking to get a transponder. Is the below compatible with Knox and Keilor? I don't want a hole in my new body. It's a Ptx Peronal Transponder (Mrt Ptx10) for use with all AMB RC auto count systems.

http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/PTX-...ANSPONDER.html
Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can get the mylaps from http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/aust...standard_offer

MYLAPS Asia Pacific Lty Ltd
Suite 3/292 Princes Highway
Carss Park NSW 2221
Australia
Phone: +61 (0)2 9546 2606
Fax: +61 (0)2 9546 2631
[email protected]

Also when you order if you want you can get addional holders but you need to contact them and they can send you a invoice for the total. (holders are not in the shop site think they are $7-8 for 2)
Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Hi, I'm looking to get a transponder. Is the below compatible with Knox and Keilor? I don't want a hole in my new body. It's a Ptx Peronal Transponder (Mrt Ptx10) for use with all AMB RC auto count systems.

http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/PTX-...ANSPONDER.html
It will work at Keilor........I have one and it works fine there
Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shanemac
It will work at Keilor........I have one and it works fine there
Thanks Shane, that'll save me some dough to spend on other stuff for the car. Hopefully it'll work at Knox.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.