Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm tempted to order the dialed inc one since its about $45 shipped. No room for tools or radio, but I can go to Bunnings and pick up a cheap toolcase for the money I save

I also need to pick up some SAE tools and an RPM front bumper/chassis reinforcement + front arms too. Any retailer suggestions?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My preference is

for large quantities of stuff Amain, for even larger amounts of stuff tower as you can save $5 upto $250 if you spend 1k.

If you only need 1 or 2 things get if from liquidrc.com as worldwide shipping is 99c but most items are about $1-$2 more than other retailers, but if i know somwhere local has it in stock i will get if from there, Central have a reasonable range of stuff for AE anyway.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

liquidrc has the bumper but I don't see the arms.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john watkins
My preference is

for large quantities of stuff Amain, for even larger amounts of stuff tower as you can save $5 upto $250 if you spend 1k.

If you only need 1 or 2 things get if from liquidrc.com as worldwide shipping is 99c but most items are about $1-$2 more than other retailers, but if i know somwhere local has it in stock i will get if from there, Central have a reasonable range of stuff for AE anyway.
How many of these places support local racing?

Some things are better sent by PM
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am pretty sure to any racer it’s no secret where people get their stuff from, everyone uses the same places. As i know you have.

Also i am down at central RC almost every Saturday buying all my other bits. Supporting the shop that supports us.

I am sure you are aware that local shops very rarely have what you need when you need it.

it is almost impossible to get a decent 17.5t locally, where does that leave the local shop?

I also believe if you look after new members so they don’t get reamed at an overpriced local shop, they will hang around a lot longer and become valuable members.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

The problem for me is there are literally no hobbyshops close by to my place. Both Hobbyman and RAB hobbies are at least 30 minutes away from me if traffic is free flowing, and being on a budget (as I'm sure most of us are) means I try and do lots of research as to where the good places are for picking up parts.

John watkins got it spot on - If one knows where to shop and isn't being constantly shafted by dodgy retailers then one is more likely to stay in a hobby, and that can only be a good thing for the rest of the scene.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by too twisted
How many of these places support local racing?

Some things are better sent by PM
Originally Posted by john watkins
I am pretty sure to any racer it’s no secret where people get their stuff from, everyone uses the same places. As i know you have.

Also i am down at central RC almost every Saturday buying all my other bits. Supporting the shop that supports us.

I am sure you are aware that local shops very rarely have what you need when you need it.

it is almost impossible to get a decent 17.5t locally, where does that leave the local shop?

I also believe if you look after new members so they don’t get reamed at an overpriced local shop, they will hang around a lot longer and become valuable members.
Re read what I wrote. Maybe the red bit!

PM sent...

Last edited by too twisted; 04-17-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nsx_23
I'm tempted to order the dialed inc one since its about $45 shipped. No room for tools or radio, but I can go to Bunnings and pick up a cheap toolcase for the money I save

I also need to pick up some SAE tools and an RPM front bumper/chassis reinforcement + front arms too. Any retailer suggestions?
Ah, SAE my favourite type of standard, right after BSW, BSF, BSP.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

I wish the world would just standardize on one set of units. Would make my life so much easier...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.hobbyman.com.au/retail_ca...cat/E1000.html

Incase you didn't know you can ring your order through. Pay by credit card and they'll post your order to you...

Any way bloke, we all as racers know at times LHS do not have what we want when we need it. Sad but true.

The Hobbyman have been Awesome supporters of the Knox Club and more than happy to Sponsor EVERY event at Knox for the past 3 years.

The guys even stayed back on a saturday to let me pick up a packet of arms when I broke my car on a saturday arvo. Thankfully they did and I could race the next day. Not sure of many O.S shops that will support racers that way.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wish the world would just standardize on one set of units. Would make my life so much easier...
Yes, it would be good to standardise things stb.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
MrT
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Yes, it would be good to standardise things stb.
Its only the STONE CUTTERS that are standing in the way!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by too twisted
http://www.hobbyman.com.au/retail_ca...cat/E1000.html

Incase you didn't know you can ring your order through. Pay by credit card and they'll post your order to you...

The Hobbyman have been Awesome supporters of the Knox Club and more than happy to Sponsor EVERY event at Knox for the past 3 years.

The guys even stayed back on a saturday to let me pick up a packet of arms when I broke my car on a saturday arvo. Thankfully they did and I could race the next day. Not sure of many O.S shops that will support racers that way.
This is too true. Given some of our members work down there they do understand how it goes and have done the done the same for alot of us.
Plus - when you order a part there - you know it gets ordered!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

haven't been on the forum much is the stand up or not yet? and also can we start a mod 2wd SCT class?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajaboy5b
haven't been on the forum much is the stand up or not yet? and also can we start a mod 2wd SCT class?
As I understand it, SCT stock is now 10.5 brushless. At knox thats heaps!

The stand is still not up.
I would imagine its quite a sore point with the guys who are bashing their heads against trying to sort this out.
When they do, im sure they'll let us know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.