Old 10-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Keilor should be good.

What time do we start?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brady.Jnr
IT CAN"T BE!! Han is actually gonna race?!
LOL mate..See ya there Jake..
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After going to Knox and not being able to race I went over to Keilor to have a look at the track and what has to be done to it as people have decided to use it this weekend (I just hope the people who decided we are racing turn up to race and help as I will be disappointed if I end up doing everything again). The track has got a lot rougher in the last 2-3 months, looks like I will have to blow of all the loose dirt and patch a few holes for the weekend, now I have just been told someone pulled up the transponder loop under instruction from someone else (obvious they don,t know the work that has to be done to lay a new loop and probably/definitely won't be there to help/race this weekend) so now I will have to put a new loop down as well. After looking at the track on Sunday I and another member have decided to run the track in the opposite direction this weekend as I think holes and ruts are formed in the direction we usually race (and the gas idiots drive when they actually use the racing surface to drive on and not doing donuts and other stupid things on the racing surface) and going the other way the cars won't be as effected by the holes and ruts.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hi

these questions might be obivious to people who know where keilor is...but where is the track actually? and is there power down there?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

OzRacer,

will you be cleaning up the track early Sunday morning or going down on Saturday? I can give you guys a hand if you want.

Willabong, the track is in Keilor Park Reserve, off Keilor Park Drive. From Calder Freeway, head towards the airport for about 1km, and turn left at the roundabout into keilor Park. The track is on your left a few hundred metres up. It is just next to the Keilor on-road track.

See ya there Sunday morning!

Ray
Old 10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

willabong -
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...13475&t=h&om=1

also yes, there is power
Old 10-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

most wont realise that it is now 2 years since we last raced a keilor, the 2004 vic champs

be good to get back on the track see you all there on sunday, i love going t keilor.............its only 10mins away from my house
Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Don't expect to much as the track has had 2 years of a hard life. I think we will just have to bite the bullet an erect some sort of drivers stand as i/we have given up on the council !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

The Tunna will be there as a drivers stand!!!

We can make this happen!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Good for you keilor! Stick it up the council!!

have you guys settled on how often you are gonna race? Personally i reckon once a month......
Old 10-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi guys
looks like a good day tomorrow weather wise for Keilor,I hav't raced there yet so it will be a new one for me.If you need the ute for a drivers stand give us a nod and we'll back it up.....rain please stay away...
see ya timmey
Old 10-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

With the two tray backs there, we can easily accomodate 10 drivers!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

what a piss-a of a day at Keilor....had heap's of fun.. catch ya all later
timmey
Old 10-22-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Keilor was great.

Considering the track has'nt been raced on for nearly two years, it wasn't in too bad a condition.

Imagine what a couple of working bees can do!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Working Bee will help but we need rain and plenty of it and then I can get the old roller going and try to make an improvement to the surface. It rained a little on Friday night but when I got to the track early saturday to do some work the surface was as hard as a rock still so there was no way the roller would compact the surface just brake up the track and make it more dusty than what it is, I/We were surposed to blow the track Saturday but putting the temporary drivers stand up took longer than we thought (well not putting it up just deciding what we were going to do or use for it) so we were going to blow it of on race day but that just did not eventuate did it as I had so many things I had to do when I got to the track Sunday that I run out of time as usual. Without rain I don't know how to fix the surface at the moment but I will be working on it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.