Wiki Posts
Search

SMA Night Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z-Mann
do u think a mod would work on this track????
looks good man i like it, looks like a mad 12th track
Old 11-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

no thats 4 the mod drivers
they have to go the long way round to even things up
seriously...its the 2005 tamyia tcs japan layout,dont kmow what the extra short staight is for,maybe for the buggy class,TJ would know

Last edited by Z-Mann; 11-08-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
It sort of shits me that i hack someone once, (or twice not sure how many times i did it) and im blackflaged as being a hack, or i'm the cause of indirectly seperating mod from 19T.

Just because Ray wood had a whinge, or someone got hacked once, doesn't mean we stop 4 guys (which is what sma mod is comprised of) from racing.

REMEMBER, the SMA mod guys are just 4....all that is required for mod not to run on that night is one guy missing. considering that Alistair and myself don't run every tuesday, it is slack on Adam, and Nick to be told "sorry guys not tonight" Let's face it, mod is hard, it's quick and you can't just "drive miss daisy" around the track when you drive your car, it isn't a class that will attract heaps of people like stock, so why bash it into submission by doing all this crap!?

another thing, it seems like this issue is getting a bit heated. i don't want any of the guys to think i'm getting the shits with them (that's impossible with SMA members ) but i don't mind calling out Rays actions, or others. it left a sour taste in my mouth seeing how one person can kick a fuss and ruin it for others.
Tom,

This will be my last bit about the whole thing,

1. I felt your original post genralised all the 19T guys running last night (me included) hence my reply.
2. I did not say anyone hacked me deliberately, There is a speed difference between the two classes which I belive was the problem, I don't for one instance think you are out there to hack me or anyone else for that matter. I for one would prefer the two classes seperate if numbers permit, I do not want to get in the way of a vastly quicker car, ie Nick J, Adam, Nick M, youself, Al running Mod.
3. Last night I was doing registrations for Matt so he could eat his dinner and 19T and Mod were going to be run as two seperate classes even when there was only going to be Nick J and Adam W in Mod, there was already 6 19T drivers registered.
4. It was race control that sujested "60%" for Mod as the number of 19T was 6:1 compared to Mod when they were combined.
5. If someone had a "dummy spit" about 19TvMod it was not around me or Matt at race control up to the close of registrations, these classes were going to run separately, it was only when Adam being the last Mod driver left running that it was combined again.

As you are well aware SMA always finds a spot for someone to race on the night/day, even if that means runnig 2-3 cars in a heat, or combining where neccesary.

Lets just encourage more guys to run their Mod or 19T so that BOTH classes prosper.

The End
Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

no thats 4 the mod drivers
they have to go the long way round to even things up
hehehehehe
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

do u think a mod would work on this track????
Awesome looking track! We should try it. I'd bring the 1 o'clock dome downward a foot, to make the back esses more challenging. I like the two routes for mod & 19!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickM
Awesome looking track! We should try it. I'd bring the 1 o'clock dome downward a foot, to make the back esses more challenging. I like the two routes for mod & 19!!!
that would be murder for 540 it'll kill all their speed
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hav_lova
that would be murder for 540 it'll kill all their speed
Track looks interesting. And personally don't mind it killing speed for 540 as it'll bring the rest of the field back to my speed

Maybe second straight is for pitting (do we do this in electric?)
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think as point score night we should run all classes (Mini,540,Stock,19T,Mod)
if 2 or more drivers per class show up. Why?
1. Because it's not fare to tell them go home.
2. We are running for point score win. Can’t cancel class/mix half way thought season. Lets say if someone was 2nd in points and it was last points night, only way to win champion ship is to beat guy in 1st is TQ & win final. If his/her class get cancel or turned into mixed class and beaten by faster class guys – lose champion ship- whinging starts.
3. 2 car race may sounds like waste of time but we are talking about point score night. It’s serious racing time.
4. Give me time to work on my car when I’m running 2 classes.

If there’s only one driver for the class show up, person should get 101 point for his/her class and can choose to run with closest class but no points given and not to affect other driver’s points/TQ point.

Also if points night rained out we should run week after to catch up.

This suggestion got nothing to do with mod/19T manbo jambo but it will fix few problems. I just think BASE LINE should be put in place before next season, not make it up as we go.
I had best fun running with mod guys on outlaw night but it is scary on straight and very hard to stay away / give way to mod. Most of time I crush when I tied to give way and when you crush you don’t have fun (except mini hack fest ) For me if I’m running for points I wanna win.

I thought it was good idea to suggest something before meeting on 25/26th .What do you guys think?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Why don't you guys run tuesday night as that a few of us windsor Boys would be keen to run all the time. As long as you have 540 we will bein.

Are you guys going to allow the new brushless stock motors to run in stock class as that we are allowed to run them at Windsor in stock as they are equal to a 27turn
Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by H I
I think as point score night we should run all classes (Mini,540,Stock,19T,Mod)?
Hiroshi, 19T and Mod are both in the one point score class. not two Whether 19turn likes it or not
Old 11-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Hiroshi actually makes sense(!).

Perhaps we could have a standard set of club rules for points score events posted on the SMA website. Let's incorporate HI's ideas. In addition, I have some other suggestions:

- Lipos ok
- min TC weight 1100grams
- brushless stock motors ok

Seriously though, we should have a set of rules and procedures for points score events. We should table a set for voting on at the upcoming AGM.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
H I
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TomB
Hiroshi, 19T and Mod are both in the one point score class. not two Whether 19turn likes it or not
I'm not talking about now, it's suggestion for next points score season.
I want see others opinion/suggestion as well not just whinging and bitching.
Sounds like next years challenge cup 19T and mod will be separate points as well.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by H I
I'm not talking about now, it's suggestion for next points score season.
I want see others opinion/suggestion as well not just whinging and bitching.
Sounds like next years challenge cup 19T and mod will be separate points as well.

before we decide, i recon we should run more club days with mixed mod and 19T. lets not have 1 day decide the rest of the 2007 race year, at the moment that's what it seems will be occuring though. Kiss mod goodbye at SMA if this is the case
Old 11-13-2006, 02:55 AM
H I
Tech Master

My suggestion was to keep mod in and keep it as fastest & highest skilled class as it should be. Tom what make you think mod at SMA will die off? Adam & Nick.M just got brush less and they are super keen to run mod. I can’t remember last time those two missed out on Tuesday night so mod will be on every time. I HATE to admit but they not that slow and they only running mod for 1-2 weeks.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SMA Point score rule

Originally Posted by NickM
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Hiroshi actually makes sense(!).

Perhaps we could have a standard set of club rules for points score events posted on the SMA website. Let's incorporate HI's ideas. In addition, I have some other suggestions:

- Lipos ok
- min TC weight 1100grams
- brushless stock motors ok

Seriously though, we should have a set of rules and procedures for points score events. We should table a set for voting on at the upcoming AGM.
Tuesday Night point score has always been run to AARCMCC rules. SMA is a current member. For all the TC rules go to http://www.aarcmcc.org/. Mini is run to TCS rules http://www.tcsaustralia.net/.

The whole reason of the formation of SMA was to attract Novice drivers to learn the craft of Model Car Racing.

The Tuesday Night Point score is aimed at experienced drivers with a race back ground.

I agree with the catch up night idea, we just need a race director/ members to run the night.

SMA will always let a car run to the closest class; however that driver will not be eligible to win a trophy if the car does not comply with the above rules.

Regards,

IDM

Publicity Officer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.