Search

Vintage at Casso.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Final Grudge Match of 2012!

Great day's vintage racing today.
Mikey and Rob continued their Grudge match and both did 11 laps in 2wd 540 on a 38 degree day, awesome guys! Quicker than 2wd 17.5 modern buggy's!
Was good to see James, Clint, Scott and both of their cheer squads!
Best wishes for Xmas and the New Year. Catch you guys next year for some more vintage racing!

Last edited by ozipanda; 12-16-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Great line up of cars
Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great photos as always Ed, really disappointed I couldn't get there......it looks like a fantastic turnout.

How good does a top force evolution look on P1 in the first photo. ;-)
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Adam, shame you couldn't make it mate, you were missed by all. It was cool to see James' Evo flying around the track, they are an awesome looking machine!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default great pic's

Great pic's.

Keep them coming
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Default More pics

Thanks Madracer, here's few more from Sunday

Last edited by ozipanda; 12-17-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Hi All
Very nice picks Ed, as always. It was a great day in the sun at Casso I am starting to think that the vintage god's are starting to let us run in the dry
I have to say a very big thank's to James for lending me a gear set and steer link for my chalk Manta Ray Thank you very much
Thanks to all the guys for putting up with the kids being personal space invaders when they were trying to work on their cars, I will get Shae a car soon and she can come and race
Thanks to Casso club for a great day out, I think I will have to join and make this more regular.
And a big thanks to Pimp Daddy, Rob, Scott, James and Ed for all the racing fun
My mate Steve was so impressed with how gentelmenly the racing was, waiting for people to catch up so they have some one to race, getting off line to let fast guys through and just the friendly atmosphere at the track, it is a major departure from the normal racing mood
I hope you all have a great xmas and dont spend to much on vintage, I will see you all next year for some more racing, and I will have a tone of new Manta Ray parts so it keeps going this time !
See you all later. Clint
Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Video of Sunday's Grudge Match

Catch you next year Clint.
Here is a video of last Sunday's action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNEwMNcimbw
Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Vintage at Casso

It looks like it was a great days racing.. Love the pics and video.

I can't wait to get back over for some more racing, hopefully next year.

Have a good Christmas and new year.

Cheers

Kilroy
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey guys, thanks again to everyone who came down, great to see clint, jimbo and scott come down and mix it with the regulars, well i'll class you guys as regulars soon enough!!

Clint and all, you are more than welcome to join, we'd love to have you as part of the club, i'll be posting up the 2013 membership form soon, you can fill it out and scan it back to me' we'll be issuing secial membership cards to all those who join prior to a cutoff date we'll announce shortly

Great racing on the day, i had big battles with James and his evo, i got by mid race, he then did his fastest lap of the race to get back past and it stayed like that, in one of the 4wd finals we had a 4 car train going around for lap after lap with ed getting an early lead, james, rob and me chasing him down, had big battles with rob and his yok which sadly ended in a small injury to his yok and of course a grudge match with the astute vs jrx pro battle resuming
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJ_KILROY
It looks like it was a great days racing.. Love the pics and video.

I can't wait to get back over for some more racing, hopefully next year.

Have a good Christmas and new year.

Cheers

Kilroy
Thanks Dave, if you are coming to Sydney for a weekend let us know and we'll make sure we get a few vintage cars together for a run. It would be cool to see your Zerda run again. I picked up a bashed up old Hirobo 44B, thinking of converting it to a Zerda, is it possible?
Cheers,
Ed
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ozipanda
Thanks Dave, if you are coming to Sydney for a weekend let us know and we'll make sure we get a few vintage cars together for a run. It would be cool to see your Zerda run again. I picked up a bashed up old Hirobo 44B, thinking of converting it to a Zerda, is it possible?
Cheers,
Ed
I'll definitely try to make it for a race if I'm in Sydney.

You should keep the 44.b and just improve it as there are too many differences between the 2 cars. Mainly the Chassis, front hubs,front gear case, top deck and roll cage. I'd just put some decent shocks on it and make a mid motor conversion. I'm sure someone could make a gear drive adapter for it.

Now I want one!

Cheers

Kilroy
Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Nice pics of a fun day at Casso with the old racers. Glad to see Scott H made it too with his ever cool schueys. Do I spy Richard's 870c there?

Not to hijack this thread but wanted to post a link up from the 2008 4 hour Knox enduro which the ABC team of THE COLLECTORS shot and aired on TV. May give some of you guys thinking of heading down to Vic an idea of the Knox facility.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by J.M.; 12-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJ_KILROY
I'll definitely try to make it for a race if I'm in Sydney.

You should keep the 44.b and just improve it as there are too many differences between the 2 cars. Mainly the Chassis, front hubs,front gear case, top deck and roll cage. I'd just put some decent shocks on it and make a mid motor conversion. I'm sure someone could make a gear drive adapter for it.

Now I want one!

Cheers

Kilroy

So this is what's left of this 44B...definitely needs improvement! Have you got any pics of the mid motor conversion?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Zerda Pics

Here's a few detailed pics of the my Zerda before and after restoration, plus a bit of detail about the mods.

This is how I adapted tamiya style axle's and J concept hexes to the RPM after market hubs

My Zerda and RC 10 after a successful trip to Sydney..

Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default 44b

Originally Posted by ozipanda

So this is what's left of this 44B...definitely needs improvement! Have you got any pics of the mid motor conversion?
Hey Ed,

That looks like a blank canvas to me just waiting to be kitted out.

The first thing would be to find some optima front hubs so you could run 12mm hexs and double bearings.

Fit some better shocks, find a shell that will fit, make a plate to run mid motor, copy the rpm double bearing hub adapters from my pics for the 12mmm hex.
Also you'll need a gear adapter for the layshaft.

Looks like you have some work to do!

You could sell it to me, then I'll do it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.