Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage at Casso.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Vintage at Casso.

See what's happening with vintage racing at Casso, CHRCORCC- Castle Hill RC Off Road Car Club in Sydney, NSW.

Video of 2012 Vintage Buggy Festival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWNjLwxhmA
Video of 2012 6 Hour Endurance Race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iBFmjKCG7I
Video of Trucks racing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXeRH5Xb6Ms
Video of 4wd Buggy racing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIoLbgUeF3M
Video of Astute vs JRX Pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EgyqT8OfRA

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...t-21-22-a.html

An awesome vintage car line up! Here's a video of that awesome event!
Video of 2013 Vintage Buggy Festival:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JkZKxOlP2w

Major Vintage Events at Casso for 2014:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...r-27-28-a.html

September 27-28!

Last edited by ozipanda; 03-14-2014 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Updated info
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great videos Ed.Castle hill is the best track to run vintage and I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon with my kyosho outrage
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

nice work ed, you take some good vids mate. I didn't quite have enough to get by Rob and his Losi that race, but i had a blast trying. Some great footage of the enduro too.

Casso is a great place to run vintage cars, i guess this is the best place if people want to run their vintage cars at a club day, drum up a few people and get a class going. ive got to get my 4wd going again and get the dyna blaster up and running
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2158peterg
Great videos Ed.Castle hill is the best track to run vintage and I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon with my kyosho outrage
Thanks Pete, let us know when you are running again so we can get a few guys to bring their vintage 2wd's.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NOFX
nice work ed, you take some good vids mate. I didn't quite have enough to get by Rob and his Losi that race, but i had a blast trying. Some great footage of the enduro too.

Casso is a great place to run vintage cars, i guess this is the best place if people want to run their vintage cars at a club day, drum up a few people and get a class going. ive got to get my 4wd going again and get the dyna blaster up and running
Thanks Mikey, I'm looking forward to see you get your Dyna Blaster going- Grudge Match on!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all Thanks for the great day out running vintage Casso is the premier track for running vintage
Hi Ed, thanks for the great videos of the cars, even if it looked like I was driving drunk turns out the RC10T is ballistic to drive with a Lipo and 13t wheel stands are very funny to watch happening down the straight
I tightend every screw in the Mantaray at least once during the day before the motor lossend and fell out and I just checked it over to find out the rear shock tower was about to fall off !! Time for a strip down and some locktite.
Thanks Adam for the invite and fast racing, thanks Rob for being the fastest most gentlemanly racer out there, thanks Ed for some very fast racing and the great vids and last but far from least thanks Mikey for running the show and providing some grudge matches.
Let me know the next couple of dates you are running and I will try and make it down, once I sort the stinking radio problems
Chat ya'll soon
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

I have just done a post mortom on the Mantaray, It has lunched the spur gear when the motor lossend in its mount
So to Ebay I go for a new gearset
I have sent an email to Futaba looking for answers as to why my very exspensive radio gets interferance but my stupidly cheap one is fine Not at all happy Jan !!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleatus
I have just done a post mortom on the Mantaray, It has lunched the spur gear when the motor lossend in its mount
So to Ebay I go for a new gearset
I have sent an email to Futaba looking for answers as to why my very exspensive radio gets interferance but my stupidly cheap one is fine Not at all happy Jan !!
Clint, if you're just after a 74 tooth standard one, drop me a line. Pretty sure I've got a few lying around.

Dean
Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice one, Ed - excellent videos! Now I'm even more gutted I couldn't make it. The new Monster Racer looks great running around, Adam!

As long as I have the day free, count me in for any vintage action on a club day. I'm keen to run truck, 2wd vintage/classic, and finally get the rebuilt Evo out for a run. It's not quite finished, but it's so close it could be ready if I had an event to motivate me
Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cleatus
Hi all Thanks for the great day out running vintage Casso is the premier track for running vintage
Hi Ed, thanks for the great videos of the cars, even if it looked like I was driving drunk turns out the RC10T is ballistic to drive with a Lipo and 13t wheel stands are very funny to watch happening down the straight
I tightend every screw in the Mantaray at least once during the day before the motor lossend and fell out and I just checked it over to find out the rear shock tower was about to fall off !! Time for a strip down and some locktite.
Thanks Adam for the invite and fast racing, thanks Rob for being the fastest most gentlemanly racer out there, thanks Ed for some very fast racing and the great vids and last but far from least thanks Mikey for running the show and providing some grudge matches.
Let me know the next couple of dates you are running and I will try and make it down, once I sort the stinking radio problems
Chat ya'll soon
Clint, it was cool you made the effort to come down for a run. How good are lipo batteries and 13t Hobbywings?!
Things coming loose on the Manta Ray are a common problem, if you haven't got a metal motor mount, get one as it will save you a lot of hassle wearing out gears. Also try using machine thread screws instead of self tapping screws for the plastic parts, shock towers and gear covers etc. they will be less likely to shake loose.
Catch you at the next one.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J!mbo
Nice one, Ed - excellent videos! Now I'm even more gutted I couldn't make it. The new Monster Racer looks great running around, Adam!

As long as I have the day free, count me in for any vintage action on a club day. I'm keen to run truck, 2wd vintage/classic, and finally get the rebuilt Evo out for a run. It's not quite finished, but it's so close it could be ready if I had an event to motivate me
Thanks James, too bad you couldn't make it, it was an epic Tamiya vs Losi, Asscociated, Yokomo day! Get your Evo ready mate, we'll be running again soon, I'm getting my Top Force ready.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

yeah clint, it was great to have u down there on sunday, there were a few grudge matches out there on the day, Rob and his dang losi were quick and you're right, he's a great racer, i always enjoy dicing with him

James, definately mate, a few of us have cars good to go if people want to run a vintage car or two at a club meet
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, here are the enduro results for the 2012 Casso Enduro
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Vintage Enduro 2012.zip (19.1 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NOFX
Hey guys, here are the enduro results for the 2012 Casso Enduro
Interesting Mikey, I think you guys ran a faster average time for 6 hours with your 2wd Tamiya Astute compared to last year's 5 hour enduro with a 4wd Tamiya Manta Ray!

Last edited by ozipanda; 11-23-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: 2wd quicker than 4wd!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Default 16th December at Casso

Last grudge match of 2012!
16th December is the last meeting of the year at Casso, anyone up for a vintage run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.