Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Falcon#5
Thanks for having us Paris.
It was a great event, great track, well serviced and surrounded by friendly people.

I'd like to thank you once again for the tyres, I would've been stuffed without them!

Track works should be sorted this weekend, and first timed event held on the 4th May?

I'll be keen for some more road trips.
Was looking at racing SCT in Shepparton in Aug on our way to the snow,(wife wasn't keen last year ) but nothing definite yet.
I'll have to look up the dates of the races you mentioned.
Thanks mate! But on behalf of all the guys at the MRCCC it's more like thank you (all)! As everybody that made the effort and attended is what really made the event. It was a true indication of positioning too, as almost everybody that is seriously racing EP off road currently in Australia was there, and that made it even better!!

No worries at all with the tyres either, as I'd far rather see everyone on track and enjoying the competitive part of the event, more than myself being able to run a few more rounds of practice on new rubber. Glad I could help! ...and after me qualifying my mod 4wd in the B final, my driving on the day did not even deserve new tyres on the car! Shame!

So May 4th should be the first timed meet for your track?? I could maybe talk a few more Mildura guys to attend too, but I'll be in for sure!

And for those interested, dates for the remaining Vic rounds:

June 9th - Knox Cup

July 21st - Bendigo Cup

August 11th - Keilor Cup

September 15th - Dirt GP Wodonga

November 30th - December 1st - Vic Titles Wodonga

Would be awesome to see a bunch of you return for a few!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am holidays for a couple off weeks thanks to the new maternity leave for dads So after asking the wife i have been granted permission to come down friday and help out, but she did tell me she can change her mind at anytime

what time friday and i can bring a shovel, pick, broom, blower etc

peter
Old 04-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No worries Falcon, drop off your tools, just give me a buzz before hand :-)
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Work is from 9am onwards Postie
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

We're hoping the 4th will be a timed event of some kind (Class racing or a fun event). We still need to get the power supply for the electrics finalized, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. It will be the first time running the timing too.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any idea when it will be figured out what we will run on the 4th?
I only ask as I need to get some tyres organised for basically all of my cars and will be interested to see what tyre might work on the track after Friday.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KalEl63

..interested to see what tyre might work on the track after Friday.
+1
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Falcon#5

I can drop off tools for others to use for the track works during the week if it's fine with Reflexia?
Shovels, pick, roller, wheel barrow etc.

Track works should be sorted this weekend, and first timed event held on the 4th May?
The roller especially mate, I need to sort the one off Wes as well.. You out there mate..?? =-)

Originally Posted by Blue 31
I can't make it Friday but I will be there Sat as long as nothing comes up.
Cool it will all help..!!!

Originally Posted by KalEl63
I only ask as I need to get some tyres organised for basically all of my cars and will be interested to see what tyre might work on the track after Friday.
All will be finalised on the meeting on the 30th.. I suspect (from current discussions) that we will run 4 events and a novice each meet.. so it will be groups with a mix (2WD Buggy, 4WD Buggy, SCT Mod, 2WD SCT, Novice.) for example.. I think we will need to ascertain numbers for Stadiums at each meet to see if we get enough numbers..?? Lets see what people want..??

My call would be as above for now..

We are looking at 3 rounds of 5 mins, 2 finals and in those finals will be an A & B main depending on how many in each class.. There may be a small knockout if we just don't have the numbers.... 8 Drivers per round, so should be pretty easy to get a 16 or even 32 car field for certain classes especially 2WD Buggy...
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would like to think the club would have some sort of program before the 30th perhaps a special general meeting should be called to sort classes so that we can also get organised
also I did think we would be racing on the 4th not a fun day (I can have that any day

lastly what voltage is the laptop I can supply a brick to power it for the day
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

the Laptop and decoder can run of an inverter just fine (and possibly some speakers), just need a 12v battery big enough to run something like that for 5 hours or so. I'll measure them at the wall to see how much load we actually have. Shouldn't be large I'd imagine.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok sounds like a start to a plan.

Just a suggestion and I know the committee is working hard but is the 4th going to be our first official day of club racing?

Me personally I think it should be and deal with the glitches and learning what to do as it happens as we have nothing to lose by doing so.
The only thing is the 4th isn’t that far away and the meeting on the 30th maybe too late to get people informed in time of exactly what is going to happen?
Maybe we need to get an idea of who will run what on the day to figure out some rough numbers for the first time?

Let’s face it the most you could possibly run is two cars for the day and that will depend on start time of the day and projected end with times in between each race etc.
I myself might only run one car to start with but see what unfolds.

Just putting it out there as we are all new to this so I don’t think there is a right or wrong way just thinking out aloud.

I think I can get a ring in marshal for that day as my dad will be down as it is a birthday in the family weekend.
all in all just looking forward to this happening good times ahead for all I feel
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

a car battery will run a lappy fine all day but I wouldn't go a 240 volt invertor as the invertor is power hungry you can buy a 12 invertor from jaycar that work's great draws minimum current

as for the mylaps from memory that runs from 12v

Last edited by tazmadman; 04-09-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I keep a 300w inverter in my car for work and camping. Runs out of 12v outlet in car but im sure I can find or make up some alligator clips.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Laptop run 19V 3.2amp, but I've run it for 6 hours with Alycat running ,so should only need to have that powered for short periods.
indeed, the Decoder is 12v
Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey all,

Is there some sort of schedule for the track work on Friday?

Keen to help but I need to work around 'work'.

Trying to plan my arrival for when it helps the most.

Cheers Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.